• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Contact Me at sfdcconsulting@gmail.com

Reply to this post and I'll get in contact with you or email me.

I am an independent consultant who has been administrating SFDC for several months and is willing to work with you and your small company to get setup in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the normal $200 + consultant fee.

Let me know, I'd love to help you.   I also have experience and administrating using the SFDC Non-Profit environment.

You may reach me at sfdcconsulting@gmail.com

I am looking to create the following matrix report but need help creating a summary column totaling activities by month by rep

For example:

Rep                              Month                                Grand Total

January      February     March   April

RepA             5                10           12         13           40

RepB             1                 4             2             5          12

RepC              2                0            5             9           16

Grand total     8                14            19         27          68

Sorry for the hokey mockup

How can i create a summary column totaling completed activities by rep by month?

Basically what i am trying to show is a trend of how reps activites have increased (hopefully) month by month.

Can we add fields to the Quick Create screen that users can create accounts with.

I have required fields when an account is created within SFDC.

I'd like to add additional fields to the "quick create" within the outlook tool

I have a custom object i created.

It has an Account(Master Detail) field

It also has a Text Area field.

When a user selects an Account I want to fill in the Shipping Address of the Account selected into the Text Area field?

Would I use a VLookup() or something else? how would I do that?

Currently we are experimenting with the outlook integration piece with SFDC.  Corporately we use the EMC EmailXtender service for archiving emails.
We have seemed to notice an issue with the Outlook intergration addin with the EmailXTender service enabled for users.

Is there a way for us to work around this?

In addition we've noticed that if we bypass our corporate proxy server then there is not an issue however we don't want to do that.  What configuration is neccesary and is bypassing the proxy server our only option?

I am looking to create the following matrix report but need help creating a summary column totaling activities by month by rep

For example:

Rep                              Month                                Grand Total

January      February     March   April

RepA             5                10           12         13           40

RepB             1                 4             2             5          12

RepC              2                0            5             9           16

Grand total     8                14            19         27          68

Sorry for the hokey mockup

How can i create a summary column totaling completed activities by rep by month?

Basically what i am trying to show is a trend of how reps activites have increased (hopefully) month by month.

Stay-in-Touch is promising and has a lot of potential for our organization, particularly for our Managers who want to ensure we have up-to-date information for our Contacts.

However, it is still very limited due to the inability to customize the forms and remove the annoying "powered by Salesforce.com" links on the page at which the Contact arrives. 

As much as we like the concept, we cannot bombard our Contacts with Salesforce.com ads when asking them to provide us with even more (or updated) information.  The look and feel of the web form does not even allow us to put our company logo on the form.  It's quite frustrating.

I have already promoted an Idea, but have my doubts Salesforce will do anything with it.

I'm curious if other organizations / developers have done anything with Visualforce and/or Mass Communication templates and/or Sites to mimick this type of functionality.  Basically, we would like the ability to mass-email existing Contacts asking for updated information, direct them to a web form that we design, and have the data from those fields overwrite existing values on the corresponding Contact record in SFDC.

Does this sound like it is possible, and if so, how would you approach this?  If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

I have a custom object i created.

It has an Account(Master Detail) field

It also has a Text Area field.

When a user selects an Account I want to fill in the Shipping Address of the Account selected into the Text Area field?

Would I use a VLookup() or something else? how would I do that?