• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

HI, I have the below formula field in the opportunity object.  It takes the closed date value from opportunity and runs the calc. It should result in either Phase1,2,3 or overdue dpeending on the date. However, as of right no i get #error# as the field value while the closed date value is 5/31/2012.

What am i doing wrong here?

THanks

IF(AND(MONTH(CloseDate) = MONTH(Today()), Year(CloseDate)=Year(Today())), "Phase3", IF(AND(CloseDate >=  DATEVALUE("2012-05-01"), CloseDate  <=  DATEVALUE("2012-06-31")) , "Phase2", IF( CloseDate-Today() > 120, "Phase1", "OVERDUE")))

• April 02, 2012

Someone on this board recently helped me create an apex control class to solve an issue I had.  NO I was informed that we are downgrading from enterprise to Professional.

Is there a way to run an apex class in professional?

THank you

• March 12, 2012

Here is the scenario.  We have a field called Lease Number in the contract object.  I also have a custom object called buyout which i populate with apex data loader with fresh data on a monthly basis. The Buyout object also has a lease number field.  What needs to happen is that either by clicking on the lease number field in the contract object or by clicking a custom button or link on the contract object the corresponding record in the buyout object needs to open. Whats the easiest way of accomplishing this.  Not versed in developing s-controls.

Thank you

Anthony

• March 02, 2012
Ok, I have a workflow rule that sends out an email regarding contracts that are due to expire. This rules is based on a custom formula field in the contracts object. The formula calculates the remaining months for a contract. How can I get this rule to trigger even though the record is not physically edited or created. What we have to do right now is wipe out all the contracts every night and rebuild them with a data push from our servers and that will trigger the rule to look at each record and it's respective "Month's remaining" field value and trigger the email or not. Has anybody encountered this problem and be able to solve it wiht an apex trigger? I have not prior experianc eusing or implemnting APex triggers so please keep that in mind when you point me in the right direction. Thank you very much Anthony
  • August 30, 2010

I need a report that calculates the % of opportunity type cross sell (custom field)/total opportunities grouped by order book date (Calendar Month) and Type(custom field)

I have the % calculation done but I only want to show the %  for one particular  opportunity type.  I can't however filter for that Type in the criteria area because then I wont have the total record counts to calculate my % with. 

SO right now I have

The results of the  report need to be displayed in a Dashboard Table  grouped per month.

Any useful tricks I can apply here?

Thank you

I am asked to create a report and subsequently a dashboard that checks if a certain unique serial number has had 3 or more calls within the last 90 days.  What would be the best way to go about this?

Any help would be appreciated.

I know i can limit the output of a report by LASt 90 DAYS but im confused how i can limit the output to only those records that have more than 3 occurances based on a serial number.  Hope this makes sense.

I did create a custom forumla that does a record count but i see i cant use that custom formula name as a criteria  like custom formula > 3.

thank you

I am trying to create a matrix report that will calculate a reps average sale per month for the last 365 days.  

There is one limiting factor i need to build in and this is their Start date as recorded in their user record.

I dont quite know how to tell the report not to include any numbers that are prior to their hire date. (we have some figures there due to move records around)

I am using the Avg and total column for order sale price  to achieve the end result. 

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you

• April 09, 2009

Anybody know the simplest way toaccomplish this? It does howverr have tot ake into account that some reps where hired less than a month ago so the end formula should reflect that the avg is calculated by months worked.  is there a standard fucntion for this in SalesForce?

Thank you

• March 31, 2009

Can anybody point me in the right direction here.  Im want to use the user.manager criteria because we have a weird structure in one of the sales branches which has two sales managers. Id like to run a report containing opportunity information  grouped my the individuals managers.

THank you

~Anthony

• March 26, 2009

(208000*(MONTH(TODAY())-1))

Another Switch to Fiscal year issue with one of the special reports.  Im not a great scripter can tell anybody what this function does and the the significance is of the 208000?  It looks like its determining today's month and -1 so its multiplying last month by 208000?

it appears that this is the monthly  quota for sales managers and their team.  duh.

Message Edited by SeaTec on 03-05-2009 07:04 AM
  • March 05, 2009

I recently inherited the administration of SalesForce so bear wiht me please.

We recently change the standard Fiscal year to go from Feb 1 to Jan 31.  Previoulsy it was from jan to Dec.

We have a Custom Summary Formulas  that calculates YTD % for the sales reps.  This is the formula.

Opportunity.Order_Sale_Price__c:SUM / User.YTD_Sales_Quota__c:SUM   The format is percent and decimals are 2. 

This of course is wrong now since the calculation assumes January being included in the equation. Therefore all quoats are off by 50% as of right now which will increase as the year goes on since its still including January.

How could i change this formula to only include  the months that belong in this current Fiscal year?

THank you

• March 03, 2009

HI, I have the below formula field in the opportunity object.  It takes the closed date value from opportunity and runs the calc. It should result in either Phase1,2,3 or overdue dpeending on the date. However, as of right no i get #error# as the field value while the closed date value is 5/31/2012.

What am i doing wrong here?

THanks

IF(AND(MONTH(CloseDate) = MONTH(Today()), Year(CloseDate)=Year(Today())), "Phase3", IF(AND(CloseDate >=  DATEVALUE("2012-05-01"), CloseDate  <=  DATEVALUE("2012-06-31")) , "Phase2", IF( CloseDate-Today() > 120, "Phase1", "OVERDUE")))

• April 02, 2012

Here is the scenario.  We have a field called Lease Number in the contract object.  I also have a custom object called buyout which i populate with apex data loader with fresh data on a monthly basis. The Buyout object also has a lease number field.  What needs to happen is that either by clicking on the lease number field in the contract object or by clicking a custom button or link on the contract object the corresponding record in the buyout object needs to open. Whats the easiest way of accomplishing this.  Not versed in developing s-controls.

Thank you

Anthony

• March 02, 2012

I have a new native app on the app exchange and a professional edition customer tried to install it. They got a bunch of errors like this:

Missing feature

Apex Classes

Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

My app uses a few custom classes, objects, and a visualforce page. I was told that even a pro edition can install an app that uses custom apex classes. 

Does anyone have ideas of how to dig into this further?

Thanks!

• February 20, 2009