• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am new to an installation which has been customized with S-controls for many years. It appears that some standard functionality has stopped working, and I need tips about how to debug the situation. We are certain that this used to work.

The scenario is this: Click a recent Opportunity. It opens in "read mode". The (standard) Record-Type field is displayed near the top :  

Opportunity Record TypeChannel [Change]

The "Change" link seems standard. The HTML for it is:

<a href="/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?id=006000000084SsJ&amp;retURL=%2F006000000084SsJ">[Change]</a>

I click "[Change]" and the expected screen appears:

Select New Record Type

Transfer this Opportunity    test
Current Record Type           Channel
*New Record Type              (a dropdown is here) 

The "Continue" and "Cancel" buttons on this screen seem standard:

<input value="Continue"  class="btn" title="Continue" name="save" type="submit" />

<input value="Cancel"  class="btn" title="Cancel" name="cancel" type="submit" />

and there is nothing odd about the <Form>:

<form  action="/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp" id="editPage" method="post" name="editPage"

onsubmit="if (window.ffInAlert) { return false; }" >

After I select "Direct", I click "Continue". The screen redraws mostly blank, then it redraws again and it displays the same Opportunity, in Edit mode. But the Record Type is now Channel - it did not change to Direct!

This used to work fine.

1) How can I tell which S-Controls are on the Opportunity page layout? Can one of them change the Record Type while the page is loading?

2) Could Workflow rules possibly run after clicking "Continue"?

3) Could the change be failing validation? No error message displays.

4) How should I analyze and debug this situation? 

TIA!

While I am not experienced with CodeShare, it does seem that other posters are correct in stating that the entire project is missing from http://developer.force.com/codeshare/apex/ProjectPage?id=a06300000030wrwAAA . The "View Source:" button there takes you into a wiki about the book. The wiki has a link to a zipped file for the bbook, at http://www.apexdevnet.com/media/ForcedotcomBookLibrary/DevGuide20081003.zip .

Is this the right stuff? It does contain the first file mentioned in the text, "Location.csv", which the other thread does not locate.  

(Starting new thread, because the other thread was accidentally marked with "Accepted Solution", but there is no solution there, and the marker stated that it was an accident.)

Hello,

I am new to an installation which has been customized with S-controls for many years. It appears that some standard functionality has stopped working, and I need tips about how to debug the situation. We are certain that this used to work.

The scenario is this: Click a recent Opportunity. It opens in "read mode". The (standard) Record-Type field is displayed near the top :  

Opportunity Record TypeChannel [Change]

The "Change" link seems standard. The HTML for it is:

<a href="/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?id=006000000084SsJ&amp;retURL=%2F006000000084SsJ">[Change]</a>

I click "[Change]" and the expected screen appears:

Select New Record Type

Transfer this Opportunity    test
Current Record Type           Channel
*New Record Type              (a dropdown is here) 

The "Continue" and "Cancel" buttons on this screen seem standard:

<input value="Continue"  class="btn" title="Continue" name="save" type="submit" />

<input value="Cancel"  class="btn" title="Cancel" name="cancel" type="submit" />

and there is nothing odd about the <Form>:

<form  action="/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp" id="editPage" method="post" name="editPage"

onsubmit="if (window.ffInAlert) { return false; }" >

After I select "Direct", I click "Continue". The screen redraws mostly blank, then it redraws again and it displays the same Opportunity, in Edit mode. But the Record Type is now Channel - it did not change to Direct!

This used to work fine.

1) How can I tell which S-Controls are on the Opportunity page layout? Can one of them change the Record Type while the page is loading?

2) Could Workflow rules possibly run after clicking "Continue"?

3) Could the change be failing validation? No error message displays.

4) How should I analyze and debug this situation? 

TIA!