• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I got two objects 'Promotion' and 'Feedback'. Promotion has got a field called "isChanged" and Feedback has got a field called "Feedback body" which is of text area. The two objects are related by Id (Promotion Field) and promotion Id (Feedback Field)

I would like to write a trigger in such a way that whenever users changes the status of promotion to "Closed", there must be a predefined feedback text generated in the Feedback Body field.

The code which I have written is below. But this is not helping though am not getting any errors.

trigger StatusChange on Promotion (after update) 
 {
  for(Promotion i : Trigger.new)

{
   if(i.isChanged == true)
    {
     String str = i.Id;
      Feedback ic = [Select FeedbackBody from Feedback where PromotionId = :str];
       ic.FeedbackBody = 'Staus has been changed';

}
  }
 }
  • July 24, 2009

I am trying to add a comment on the idea(auto-comment), which is getting merged with a master idea.

I am planning to do this using  a trigger, can anyone help with how to write the trigger?

• July 22, 2009

I am trying to create a form (Custom Object), in that form for a particular field I need to add multiple users using Lookup field related to "Users".

The idea behind this is in this way: Look up for a user --> find it --> Add it (an inline "add" button would be more helpful) --> and then lookup for another user --> I may have to add more 15 users for this field.

I am kind of stuck, how to achieve this in Salesforce UI......any ideas/suggestioons would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

YNR

• June 19, 2009

Hi ppl,

I generally schedule and backup all the datafiles of my Organization one day in a week. I then download them to my local machine, then to my Organisation Repository. We use Microsoft's visual studio team system as a Organisation repository.

So my question here is: it is really a tedious and time consuming job to do the above steps. i am looking for an automated process where the databackup files are taken from the salesforce and directly put it in my Org repository. this saves a lot of our time. If you guys have anything in mind/or any app avaialble at AppEx which meets my requests, please shoot a reply here.

Thanks,

YNR

• June 11, 2009

Hi ,

We generally take the databackup of our Org's data files once in every week (by scheduling it through Salesforce UI) and store these files (manually) in Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server.

Is there any way where we can automate these databackuping process from Salesforce to our Org's Visual Studio Team Foundation Server. If yes, please throw your ideas......

• June 01, 2009

Hi All,

I got a question about Apex Exception emails. How can I setup apex exception emails to be sent to my account?

Am a developer and when I get these emails to my account, it helps me in looking specifically into where an unhandled exception has occurred and then try to fix it from there.  

Thanks,

YNR

• June 01, 2009
Actually to start with, this may or may not be an issue and am lacking knowledge on SOQL. Let me explain you guys about my case: I got two objects in my database, Users and Contact. Users has got information about user records like email addresses Contact has got info about users contact details like contact email addresses. But User.email != Conatct.email, for some of users in my case and this is because some users have updated the email addresses after the registration. And we did not have any triggers which also updates the contact emails. Now we have that in place. My question is to update the older user accounts(before trigger in place) and I can extract the user emails from User object and Contact emails from Conatct object separately. But I want to extract them in one single data file (excel sheet using Apex dataloader)so that I just replace the contact emails with coressponding new email addresses. Need help in how to extract fileds from two objects into a single data file. Please reply....
  • May 06, 2009

Hi there,

I use Eclipse 3.3.2 for my Salesforce projects. I have to make some enhancements i my already deployed project. This project is about ideas management, where voting is a key feature of it.

My issue is that: I want to sort the ideas in terms of number of votes for each idea rather than alphapetical order of idea titles. I tried to resolve it by getting into class which it is calling and then changed the ApexClass code to "Order by VoteTotal" from "Order by title" and saved it to server, but to my wonder I couldnot see any changes on my webpage.

My questions are: (i) Are the changes/procedure which I performed are coorect?

(ii) is there any other thing which I missed /we should follow inorder to deploy the changes to server, everytime when we make them to Apex classes?   

Please reply me....

• March 20, 2009
Actually to start with, this may or may not be an issue and am lacking knowledge on SOQL. Let me explain you guys about my case: I got two objects in my database, Users and Contact. Users has got information about user records like email addresses Contact has got info about users contact details like contact email addresses. But User.email != Conatct.email, for some of users in my case and this is because some users have updated the email addresses after the registration. And we did not have any triggers which also updates the contact emails. Now we have that in place. My question is to update the older user accounts(before trigger in place) and I can extract the user emails from User object and Contact emails from Conatct object separately. But I want to extract them in one single data file (excel sheet using Apex dataloader)so that I just replace the contact emails with coressponding new email addresses. Need help in how to extract fileds from two objects into a single data file. Please reply....
  • May 06, 2009