• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

If you're looking for help with Salesforce.com, I'm available.  Below are just a few of the things I can help with.

• Customization and personalize Salesforce.com to your specific needs
  • User, Profile and Role Management
  • Customization of Standard Objects
  • Creation and customization of Custom Objects and Custom Apps
  • Workflow Rules, Validation Rules, Templates
  • Lead, Account, Opportunity and other object management
  • Create and modify Custom Reports and Dashboards
  • Data Import and manipulation

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi,

I constructed a dynamic soql query and query looks like below,

Date dateVal = Date.today();

Database.query('select field1, field2, field3, dateField1 from Object__c where field1 = :val1 && dateField1 >= :dateVal');

As binding variables is supported, the formed query should work.

But i am getting no result when i sun this query.

Can any one help me out with a possible solution?

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

OnDemand

my apex class method is trying to call an external webservice function, and it gives this

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void mycall()'

Debug Log:
System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope' but found ':html'

any idea of how to fix this? what should I do to make it work?
  • January 14, 2009
I'm trying to assign record ownership on custom-object records as they are created via the API.  The custom object is called "Sales Quotes".  I would like to change the owner on each record from the login username used by the API to the same owner that is set on the Opportunity (Sales Quotes being related to Opportunity via lookup relationship). 

The preferred method would have been Workflow rule but the field update does not allow dynamic selection of user.  So I'm hoping this could be an easy Apex trigger that could run after each record is created.  Does anyone have any ideas to accomplish this easily and/or some sample code that would work?

Thanks from an Apex newbie!
  • December 09, 2008
I haven't had much luck getting SSO to work with my SAML assertion. Has anyone got this to work? If so, what does your saml response look like?  I signed my assertion and I believe everything is correct, yet the login history gives me "Failed: Assertion Invalid"

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Hello.  In a Trigger, I want to take a datetime field and convert it to Eastern Daylight Time (always EDT - no matter what the time zone of the current user is).  I've tried using the format() method and passing the time zone that i want, but it always converts to GMT.  Is there a way to convert a Datetime object from one timezone to another?
Thanks
Chris
  • August 14, 2008
When I try to save a datetime value to Salesforce through the Enterprise API (SforceEnterprise), 4 hours gets subtracted from the time.  When I retrieve a datetime value from Salesforce through the API, 4 hours gets added to the time.  (my timezone is EST)

It seems obvious that this is a timezone issue, and I have tried the following to no avail:
    mySalesforceObject.MyDatetimeField__c = new DateTime(dtmOrigDateTime, DateTimeKind.Utc);

I figured that by specifying that it is a UTC datetime, that would fix it, but it doesn't.
All I want is for the time to be saved and retrieved as is, with no subtraction or addition of hours.

Is there a setting on the sforceService object somewhere or on the SObject that can correct this behavior?

Thank you for your help, this is driving me nuts.

Jeff