• 100 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,  I have created a custom object in salesforce called SalesOrder which allows users to create SalesOrders. The issue is a user associated with a territory cannot view the records(salesorders) created by a user of the same territory though he has been assigned to the same territory with same rules.  I have checked the rules and workflows and made sure that both the users have the same sharing rules.  A User above this user in a role Hierarchy cannot view, create, update, salesorder records created by users underneath it. Once again i have checked all the sharing rules and the territory management side and all seems ok.  I have been told that custom objects cannot be linked to territory management and the records created within a custom object cannot be segregated to users.  Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks Shabs 

Hi,

i've to create a report/E-Mail about Trials (created object). This report/E-Mail have to be execute 5-Days before a date in the trial will be reach.

For example: In the field "deliverence (back)" is the date 08.23. . The current day is 08.18. . A repor/E-Mail will be send to the creater of the Trial.

What can i do to solve this problem?

Thank you.

We are adding a new field for the user to enter a total value.  After adding this new field we need to have some kind of mass update to the system so that an existing field's value is copied into the new total field.  Is there some way to do this in the professional version.  I surely do not want to manually modify hundreds of records.

Hello, Sirs.

During apex.execute I got an arror - "No operation available for request".

It's a visualforce page.

When I use the same code on the Scontrol page, I have not get any errors.

How I can get data from class to javascript ?
Seems like philosophy of visualforce does not let it. Is it so ?

Thank you.

Code:
<apex:page controller="Controller">
<script type="text/javascript" src="/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js"></script> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="/soap/ajax/13.0/apex.js"></script> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script>
<script language="javascript">

sforce.debug.trace = true;
sforce.connection.sessionId = "{!$Api.Session_ID}";

function test(){

var result = sforce.apex.execute("Controller","Testa",{Text: 'hello there'});
alert('test');
}

</script>
<input type="button" onclick="test();" value="Test" class="btn"/>
</apex:page>

Code:
global class Controller {
WebService static String Testa(String Text) {
return Text;
}

Message Edited by Olbrest on 01-17-2009 07:48 AM

Has anyone ever used Salesforce to Salesforce within their own organization?  We are considering it, and I would like to hear some of the pros and cons.

Thanks, 

Stephen

sgoldber@redhat.com 

Hi,

I am implementing Case Management for my company, and one of the requirements is that the Associates who respond, and comment on cases email addresses' are masked.  To the best of my knowledge there is no setting within SFDC to accomplish this. Previously we attempted to write a class that sent emails from the system rather then the standard workflow, but we were only able to mask the name not the actually email address e.g. "From: Company Name" but the reply-to email remained "Reply-To: Joe.Associate@companyname.com".  Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts on how to accomplish this. Its a very serious requirement for us, as we do not want to hand out or support associates email addresses to customers. Any suggestions, no matter how complex, are welcome. Thanks. 

A member of my team found this in the SFDC documentation:

"Workflow rules are *not* triggered when a user is in a language other than the native organization language.

For example - a work flow rule that sends an e-mail when triggered of the field of forecast category with a value of "commit".

The workflow rule would look like this:

[Opportunity: Forecast Category equals Commit].

The English version of the workflow rule is triggered ok.

When a user is logged into an organization with a default language of English, and a Spanish locale, the forecast categories value of “Commit” is translated to "Confirmar" in Spanish.

The workflow rule then compares "Confirmar" to "commit" in the workflow rule and returns false and no e-mail is sent out.

The workaround is to also look for the value Confirmar in the workflow rule.

For example:

[Opportunity: Forecast Category equals Commit, Confirmar]

You would have to include the values of Commit in other languages if you are a multi-language organization."

Our initial testing seems to suggest this is simply untrue. We have tested workflows that have picklist values called in them, and they fire fine in either the master language or a translation language. Anyone have any experience to see if I am missing something? We are doing a very large global roll out of some PRM functionality and I am concerned I may miss something.

I have a visualforce page which is being rendered as a PDF.  I have set the language to "utf-8" , when I do this it causes only the english field labels to be displayed even if the user has their language set to something else.  If I do not set the language of the page to "utf-8"  Chinese Characters do not render.   Any suggestions.

...the page tag...

<apex:page standardController="SFDC_Channel_Account_Plan__c" extensions="ext_Objective,revenueDetails,MDFCalculate,goalInfo" showHeader="false" renderAs="pdf" language="utf-8">

....example field label...

<apex:outputLabel value="{!$ObjectType.SFDC_Channel_Account_Plan__c.Fields.Name.label}"/>

I have a visual force page which needs to be rendered as a PDF, but when I set renderAs = "PDF"  it ignores my Javascript entirley. I can't even do a document.write('test');   My issue is that the field labels in the PDF I am rendering need to be dynamic based on the users language. I have written a class to do this for me based on the API field name, but when I try and call it in this page I get nothing.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to dynamically pass field labels to a VF page that will be rendered as a pdf? 

Hi  -

I have a page with several fields on it. We are using the translation work bench to translate all the fields. Thus I don't want to hardcode in the field labels because I want them to appear in the users native language.  Below is a code segement I wrote to describe the object, and get the field labels. It works, but the next page I have to do this to has 150 fields, and I really would like to find a better way to do this. I am open to any suggetions. 

for (var i = 0; i < mdfObj.fields.length; i++){ if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Channel_Account_Manager__c') camNameLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Channel_Account_Manager_Title__c') camTitleLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Channel_Account_Manager_Email__c') camEmailLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Channel_Account_Manager_Phone__c') camPhoneLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Channel_Account_Manager_Mobile_formula__c') camMobileLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Inside_Channel_Account_Manager__c') iCamNameLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Inside_Channel_Account_Manager_Title__c') iCamTitleLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Inside_Channel_Account_Manager_Email__c') iCamEmailLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Inside_Channel_Account_Manager_Phone__c') iCamPhoneLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Inside_Channel_Account_Manager_Mobile__c') iCamMobileLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Marketing_Program_Manager__c') mpmNameLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Marketing_Program_Manager_Title__c') mpmTitleLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Marketing_Program_Manager_Email__c') mpmEmailLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Marketing_Program_Manager_Phone__c') mpmPhoneLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; if(mdfObj.fields[i].name == 'Marketing_Program_Manager_Mobile__c') mpmMobileLabel = mdfObj.fields[i].label; }

Is it possible to convert a Double to a string?  I have a date that is part of a string, and I want to pull out of the date and convert it to a double, but I can't figure out how? 

I have setup Cronkit in my sandbox,  I have it running every hour to fire a trigger I wrote.  It worked the first 30 times, then it just started saying it was late and not running.  I then restarted it, and it ran the first few times again and said it was late. 

What causes it to be late?

Its not an Apex Error... 

Hi I've written a trigger to send emails off the case object in certain scenarios, but I only want this trigger to fire when the user making updates is an internal user and not a customer portal user. Currently I have an If statement that says when profileid <> the customer portal ids. This is not very maintable, is there a flag that I can use to identify if a user is a customer portal user?

Thanks. 

help

I am trying to self-populate information on an account from its contact so that I don't have to double entry data and a user can quickly see key primary contact data at the account level

for example - i have a contact that is billing so in the account record - I also want to show this to make the devlelopment simple I added a lookup function so that I pick up the relative contact - I then used workflow rules to self-populate billing phone number, billing, email, etc.

I have a problem now that I used so many references to post on the account from the conatcts I get the following error:

ideally I would like just to have a checkbox on the contact record saying blling contact and at the account level it would pick up the appropriate contact - using the lookup with workflow rules is a fine workaround but I am finding out is limited.

any suggestions???

Error

You have reached the maximum number of 5 object references on Account

You must remove at least 1 relationship(s) in order to save this formula
Related objects referenced in this formula:
  • Billing_Name__r
Show SectionHide References
Formula NameFormula TypeRelated Object ReferenceLast Modified DateLast Modified By
Account
cleairng/operations fax 2Workflow Field UpdateClearing_Operations_Contact_2__r8/12/2009 3:18 PMFSmit
clearing firm email nameWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 3:24 PMFSmit
clearing firm email updateWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/13/2009 11:08 AMFSmit
clearing firm phone numberWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 3:20 PMFSmit
clearing firm phone number updateWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 3:53 PMFSmit
clearing/operations phone 2Workflow Field UpdateClearing_Operations_Contact_2__r8/12/2009 3:17 PMFSmit
primary account email updateWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 11:34 AMFSmit
primary account phone updateWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 2:00 PMFSmit
update clearing operations 2 emailWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Operations_Contact_2__r8/12/2009 3:17 PMFSmit
update clearing operations faxWorkflow Field UpdateBackOfficeContact__r8/12/2009 3:15 PMFSmit
update clearing/ooperations phone numberWorkflow Field UpdateBackOfficeContact__r8/12/2009 3:15 PMFSmit
update clearing/operations emailWorkflow Field UpdateBackOfficeContact__r8/12/2009 3:13 PMFSmit
update primary acct fax numberWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 2:16 PMFSmit
update primary acct titleWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 2:16 PMFSmit
update primary phone numberWorkflow Field Update

Hi,  I have created a custom object in salesforce called SalesOrder which allows users to create SalesOrders. The issue is a user associated with a territory cannot view the records(salesorders) created by a user of the same territory though he has been assigned to the same territory with same rules.  I have checked the rules and workflows and made sure that both the users have the same sharing rules.  A User above this user in a role Hierarchy cannot view, create, update, salesorder records created by users underneath it. Once again i have checked all the sharing rules and the territory management side and all seems ok.  I have been told that custom objects cannot be linked to territory management and the records created within a custom object cannot be segregated to users.  Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks Shabs 

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a custom field with some restriction.

The requirement is, the user should be able to delete the existing text in the filed but should not be able to enter new text into it. To save new value in the field the user has to go to another visualforce page and select the data which satisfies few requirements.

How can I achive this?  Any focus on using validation rules or trigger etc?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

i've to create a report/E-Mail about Trials (created object). This report/E-Mail have to be execute 5-Days before a date in the trial will be reach.

For example: In the field "deliverence (back)" is the date 08.23. . The current day is 08.18. . A repor/E-Mail will be send to the creater of the Trial.

What can i do to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Hi

Currently I am testing manually the salesforce application. I want to automate the application.Can somebody please suggest me which testing tool will be good for the automation of the salesforce application.

Thanks in advance,

Param

• August 07, 2009

We are adding a new field for the user to enter a total value.  After adding this new field we need to have some kind of mass update to the system so that an existing field's value is copied into the new total field.  Is there some way to do this in the professional version.  I surely do not want to manually modify hundreds of records.

A member of my team found this in the SFDC documentation:

"Workflow rules are *not* triggered when a user is in a language other than the native organization language.

For example - a work flow rule that sends an e-mail when triggered of the field of forecast category with a value of "commit".

The workflow rule would look like this:

[Opportunity: Forecast Category equals Commit].

The English version of the workflow rule is triggered ok.

When a user is logged into an organization with a default language of English, and a Spanish locale, the forecast categories value of “Commit” is translated to "Confirmar" in Spanish.

The workflow rule then compares "Confirmar" to "commit" in the workflow rule and returns false and no e-mail is sent out.

The workaround is to also look for the value Confirmar in the workflow rule.

For example:

[Opportunity: Forecast Category equals Commit, Confirmar]

You would have to include the values of Commit in other languages if you are a multi-language organization."

Our initial testing seems to suggest this is simply untrue. We have tested workflows that have picklist values called in them, and they fire fine in either the master language or a translation language. Anyone have any experience to see if I am missing something? We are doing a very large global roll out of some PRM functionality and I am concerned I may miss something.

I have a visual force page which needs to be rendered as a PDF, but when I set renderAs = "PDF"  it ignores my Javascript entirley. I can't even do a document.write('test');   My issue is that the field labels in the PDF I am rendering need to be dynamic based on the users language. I have written a class to do this for me based on the API field name, but when I try and call it in this page I get nothing.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to dynamically pass field labels to a VF page that will be rendered as a pdf? 

I have setup Cronkit in my sandbox,  I have it running every hour to fire a trigger I wrote.  It worked the first 30 times, then it just started saying it was late and not running.  I then restarted it, and it ran the first few times again and said it was late. 

What causes it to be late?

Its not an Apex Error... 

Hi,

I am creating a PDF using Visualforce where i show data queried from salesforce object. This data contains text from various different languages like, japanese, korean, chinese etc.

This data gets rendered properly on Visalforce HTML page but does not appears on the PDF version.

Can aybody please advise on this. Thanks.
  • January 07, 2009
When I attempt to save a VF page from the Force.com IDE, I get the above message... Any ideas?

I can't seem to find it in any documentation on this, either for VisualForce or the Force.com IDE. It only seems to happen for certain pages, and I can't figure out what may be causing it.

Thanks-

-Jesse
  • December 01, 2008