• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is this possible?

Org A publishes account Acme with phone number field.

Org B subscribes to Acme with phone number field.

Org A updates the phone number field.

Does Org B see the changes? If so, how? 

Is it possible to leave everything as default in the accepting process, and accept 10 accounts at once when they are shared through a connection? Or does each individual record have to accepted manually?

This is what I'm imagining:

Person goes to {site}.force.com/registration

a form comes up with standard conatct information.

They fill out the form  and it populates data in a (Managed) custom object.

The data can then be dealt with.

First off, is this possible? Every time I try to use a VF page with the inputfields from the object, I get a log in. I need there to be no login as this will be a customer signup-like page. 

Has anyone got this able to work?

I was told by eWay support that we create a form for customers to fill out, that form then populates an object in salesforce, and then we manually process the payment.

Where do I even begin to get this started? I have an eWay account and all that setup. I'm just to the point of needing to know how to start accepting payments. 

I want my contact View page link to be determined by the user.

So User 1 would go to /apex1

User 2 would go to /apex2

etc...

Is this possible?

We have 10 users in Salesforce, but we have lots of cooridanators that need to enter data. These cooridnators are spread all across Australia in different ports.

So, is it possible to have a "portal-like" type of page where people can access/enter contacts without having to go through the salesforce website. But heavily restricting them to just data entry mostly.

I've created a more eye-pleasing contact page with tabs. I want to override the "View" button with this VF page, but when I override it, the user that is not allowed to see some of the Related Lists get the "Is not a child entity" error.

Is there a way to hide the related lists when a certain user logs on, or have the user use the old view?

Basically the workflow would be:
If(!standarduser) Then go to (!"View")

And anyone not standard user would go to the VF page. 

I know this is a simple question, but I'm unfamiliar with javascript and apex code, but how do I make a tab the active tab by hovering over it without a custom controller?

I have created a VF page layout where a user is able to lookup a contact, the fields below the lookup form are updated, and then the user can then edit the fields. However, I don't have the functionality working.

It seems simple in my head, but I don't know the correct code to get everything working as it should. 

Here is a picture of the layout:

VF Page

Here is my code:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" title="Youth Street" ><p></p> <apex:pageBlock > <center><H6>THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION!</H6></center> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Hello {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}!"> You are viewing {!contact.Firstname}'s Youth Street Details </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock mode="find" title="Find Contact"> <apex:form> <apex:inputText value="{!Contact.Name}" required="true"/> <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" reRender="ys" value="Update Page"/> </apex:form> <apex:pageBlock title="Youth Street" id="ys"><p></p> <apex:form><center> <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/> <apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel"/> </center> </apex:form> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!contact}" var="con"> <apex:column value="{!con.member_status__c}" id="memstat"/> <apex:column value="{!con.team__c}" id="team"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Team_Leader__c}" id="teamleader"/> <apex:column value="{!con.staff_contact__c}" id="staffcontact"/> <apex:column value="{!con.school__c}" id="school"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Member_since__c}" id="memsince"/> <apex:column value="{!con.YMT_Member_Location__c}" id="memloc"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Consent_Form__c}" id="conform"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Media_Consent__c}" id="medcon"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!contact}" var="con"> <apex:column value="{!con.Parent_Guardian_Relationship__c}" id="garrel"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Name_s__c}" id="names"/> <apex:column value="{!con.PG1_Address__c}" id="pg1add"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>

So my current problem is my "find contact" field doesn't search for anything. And my Youth Street Block isn't editable at all.

Any help?

Hi, I wanted to know how I can query a section of a contact page, and a related list of that contact and put it as a tab.

So my users can click the tab, and it brings up a contact look up field, with other fields from the contact, as well as a related list. 

This is what I'm imagining:

Person goes to {site}.force.com/registration

a form comes up with standard conatct information.

They fill out the form  and it populates data in a (Managed) custom object.

The data can then be dealt with.

First off, is this possible? Every time I try to use a VF page with the inputfields from the object, I get a log in. I need there to be no login as this will be a customer signup-like page. 

Has anyone got this able to work?

I was told by eWay support that we create a form for customers to fill out, that form then populates an object in salesforce, and then we manually process the payment.

Where do I even begin to get this started? I have an eWay account and all that setup. I'm just to the point of needing to know how to start accepting payments. 

I want my contact View page link to be determined by the user.

So User 1 would go to /apex1

User 2 would go to /apex2

etc...

Is this possible?

I've created a more eye-pleasing contact page with tabs. I want to override the "View" button with this VF page, but when I override it, the user that is not allowed to see some of the Related Lists get the "Is not a child entity" error.

Is there a way to hide the related lists when a certain user logs on, or have the user use the old view?

Basically the workflow would be:
If(!standarduser) Then go to (!"View")

And anyone not standard user would go to the VF page. 

I have created a VF page layout where a user is able to lookup a contact, the fields below the lookup form are updated, and then the user can then edit the fields. However, I don't have the functionality working.

It seems simple in my head, but I don't know the correct code to get everything working as it should. 

Here is a picture of the layout:

VF Page

Here is my code:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" title="Youth Street" ><p></p> <apex:pageBlock > <center><H6>THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION!</H6></center> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Hello {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}!"> You are viewing {!contact.Firstname}'s Youth Street Details </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock mode="find" title="Find Contact"> <apex:form> <apex:inputText value="{!Contact.Name}" required="true"/> <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" reRender="ys" value="Update Page"/> </apex:form> <apex:pageBlock title="Youth Street" id="ys"><p></p> <apex:form><center> <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/> <apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel"/> </center> </apex:form> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!contact}" var="con"> <apex:column value="{!con.member_status__c}" id="memstat"/> <apex:column value="{!con.team__c}" id="team"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Team_Leader__c}" id="teamleader"/> <apex:column value="{!con.staff_contact__c}" id="staffcontact"/> <apex:column value="{!con.school__c}" id="school"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Member_since__c}" id="memsince"/> <apex:column value="{!con.YMT_Member_Location__c}" id="memloc"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Consent_Form__c}" id="conform"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Media_Consent__c}" id="medcon"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!contact}" var="con"> <apex:column value="{!con.Parent_Guardian_Relationship__c}" id="garrel"/> <apex:column value="{!con.Name_s__c}" id="names"/> <apex:column value="{!con.PG1_Address__c}" id="pg1add"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>

So my current problem is my "find contact" field doesn't search for anything. And my Youth Street Block isn't editable at all.

Any help?

Hi, I wanted to know how I can query a section of a contact page, and a related list of that contact and put it as a tab.

So my users can click the tab, and it brings up a contact look up field, with other fields from the contact, as well as a related list.