• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all hopefully someone can tell me if this is possible or not. On a contact page I have 6 different email address fields ( 1 for each contract and the std field) these fields should all be the same but often they aren't. Is there a formula that can compare the fields and flag when a different value has been entered? The other issue is that I will never know in advance which address is correct so the formula can't just take the std field as correct and compare against it.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi there I have a custom button to create a new form and pre-populate some fields.

It works fine for me but not the users for whom it is intended. I am 99.9% certain that they have the correct level of access to the fields and custom form but when they press the button 2 fields are left blank.

https://eu1.salesforce.com/a0I/e?CF00N20000002Tk5e={!Contact.Name}
&CF00N20000002Tk5e_lkid={!Contact.Id}
&00N20000002Tk5j={!Account.Current_Branch_ID__c}
&00N20000002Tk5t={!Account.Name}
&retURL=/{!Contact.Id}

thanks in advance for your help

Paul

I have the below formula which gives a score based on the type and length of our sales guys activity. I want to expand the formula to say that if they have have ticked a drive time box it will add 1 to the formula total.

So if this criteria is true     IF(or( No_of_people_in_meeting__c >=10), 3,

and the box is ticked the total score should be 4.

Can I add this to the formula or do i need to have seperate fields?

Thanks in advance

Paul

IF(AND(OR(Activity_Text__c ="Drop In"), AND(DurationInMinutes < 20)),0.33,

IF(or(Activity_Text__c ="Cancelled - notice given"), 0,
IF(or(Activity_Text__c ="Cancelled - after arrival"), 1,
IF(or(Activity_Text__c ="Admin"), 0,
IF(or(Activity_Text__c ="Roadshow"), 3,
If((Activity_Text__c ="Manager Exception"),1,

IF(or( No_of_people_in_meeting__c >=10), 3,
IF(or(No_of_people_in_meeting__c >= 2) ,2,

IF(OR( DurationInMinutes >= 300),3,
IF(OR(DurationInMinutes >= 120) ,2,
IF(OR(DurationInMinutes < 120),1,

Null)))))))))))

Hi there guys looking for some help with creating custom buttons.

I am trying to pre-populate a sales case when a user hits my new button but am struggling to reference the Close Date and the Stage. when I am referencing a custom field i can see the salesforce ID but this is missing from the standard fields. Also is there anything that needs done when trying to populate a picklist?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Looking for some help here as am getting lost in this formula

We have 14 territories which are housed in Territory__c (text field)

We have 6 types of accounts, there are 3 key ones which are banded "Proactive","Reactive","Head Office" and are housed in Banding__c (picklist)

Conditions

If an account is banded "proactive" or "reactive" AND falls in territory 1-6 then it should be Telephone Manager A

If an account is banded "proactive" or "reactive" AND falls in territory 7-14 then it should be Telephone Manager B

If an account is banded "Head Office" then it should be Head Office

Any other banding should be Field Sales

I have been working on this a while now and trying to build it up but keep getting stuck with errors.

IF(AND(OR( Territory__c ="01",Territory__c ="02",Territory__c ="03",Territory__c ="04",Territory__c ="05",Territory__c ="06"),AND( ISPICKVAL( Banding__c ,"Reactive",),1,

0)))

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

Hi there everyone, we recently took a new client on who used salesforce and have moved onto our org. We have an issue in that one of their staff members had already downloaded the data loader and is now able to extract data from our system using the data loader. Other than diverting his email to me and resetting his security token im not sure how to stop this. Help please.

Paul

I have created a fact find document which is attached to the account. I would now like to be able to display 1 or 2 fields from the fact find on the account page. Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Paul

I need to find a way to monitor / stop my users data exports. We work in a sales environment where staff could leave and take their customer list with them when joining a competitor. Currently salesforce has no way to allow me to track who has exported what and recover it. Does anyone have any recommendations of add ons from appexchange or other companies that I could look at? I have found a company called "Outprotect" which could fit the bill.

All suggestions and comments welcomed.

Paul

I need to find a way to monitor / stop my users data exports. We work in a sales environment where staff could leave and take their customer list with them when joining a competitor. Currently salesforce has no way to allow me to track who has exported what and recover it. Does anyone have any recommendations of add ons from appexchange or other companies that I could look at? I have found a company called "Outprotect" which could fit the bill. All suggestions and comments welcomed.

Paul

Hi there am sure this is possible but I cant find a way to track my users activity.

By activity i'm not referring to tasks and events but to what they have looked at on salesforce, what reports they have exported etc. I can track their login history just not what they have been doing on the system.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi all hopefully someone can tell me if this is possible or not. On a contact page I have 6 different email address fields ( 1 for each contract and the std field) these fields should all be the same but often they aren't. Is there a formula that can compare the fields and flag when a different value has been entered? The other issue is that I will never know in advance which address is correct so the formula can't just take the std field as correct and compare against it.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi All, Not really good at this and looking to the SF society for some help/tips?

I have created four different custom fields with picklist format. In the first there are names of Engineers, the second holds telephone numbers, the third fax numbers and the fourth email addressess.

What I am looking to do is to autopopulate the name of the Engineer with his/her telephone,fax and email address. Can anyone tell me how I can do this - in laymans terms pls.....

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to create a quick data validation rule and seem to be having some trouble. I'm trying to make it so if one date field is used on a lead then 2 other text fields are required to save the contract. I have this so far, but keep getting errors:

and(
Appointment__c
,len(Appointment_Time__c, Appointment_City__c)=0
)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi there I have a custom button to create a new form and pre-populate some fields.

It works fine for me but not the users for whom it is intended. I am 99.9% certain that they have the correct level of access to the fields and custom form but when they press the button 2 fields are left blank.

https://eu1.salesforce.com/a0I/e?CF00N20000002Tk5e={!Contact.Name}
&CF00N20000002Tk5e_lkid={!Contact.Id}
&00N20000002Tk5j={!Account.Current_Branch_ID__c}
&00N20000002Tk5t={!Account.Name}
&retURL=/{!Contact.Id}

thanks in advance for your help

Paul

Hi there guys looking for some help with creating custom buttons.

I am trying to pre-populate a sales case when a user hits my new button but am struggling to reference the Close Date and the Stage. when I am referencing a custom field i can see the salesforce ID but this is missing from the standard fields. Also is there anything that needs done when trying to populate a picklist?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Looking for some help here as am getting lost in this formula

We have 14 territories which are housed in Territory__c (text field)

We have 6 types of accounts, there are 3 key ones which are banded "Proactive","Reactive","Head Office" and are housed in Banding__c (picklist)

Conditions

If an account is banded "proactive" or "reactive" AND falls in territory 1-6 then it should be Telephone Manager A

If an account is banded "proactive" or "reactive" AND falls in territory 7-14 then it should be Telephone Manager B

If an account is banded "Head Office" then it should be Head Office

Any other banding should be Field Sales

I have been working on this a while now and trying to build it up but keep getting stuck with errors.

IF(AND(OR( Territory__c ="01",Territory__c ="02",Territory__c ="03",Territory__c ="04",Territory__c ="05",Territory__c ="06"),AND( ISPICKVAL( Banding__c ,"Reactive",),1,

0)))

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

Hi,

I have this formula field. The return type of the field is Text and for some reason all that it shows is #Error!, surely an exception is happening somewhere in the formula. I just have some simple comparison on an if statement. I don't know what could possibly be failing and i don't know how to catch an Exception.

Any suggestions on what approach could i take?

Thanks in advance for any helps.

Luis

Hai all,

can we group by a formula field....?

if any body knows pls tell me, how can it is possible.... i want to group by a formula field.

Thanks

Laxmi reddy.

Hi there everyone, we recently took a new client on who used salesforce and have moved onto our org. We have an issue in that one of their staff members had already downloaded the data loader and is now able to extract data from our system using the data loader. Other than diverting his email to me and resetting his security token im not sure how to stop this. Help please.

Paul

I need to find a way to monitor / stop my users data exports. We work in a sales environment where staff could leave and take their customer list with them when joining a competitor. Currently salesforce has no way to allow me to track who has exported what and recover it. Does anyone have any recommendations of add ons from appexchange or other companies that I could look at? I have found a company called "Outprotect" which could fit the bill. All suggestions and comments welcomed.

Paul

SF does not alow me the ability to load both Account and Opportunity data.  (Person Account) is there something that I am missing?  Is there a tool out there that can assist me with this?

I tried downloading Apex Data Loader But cant get the log in to work (even after adding my Security token to my log in and adding to trusted sites.)

This can't be rocket science RIGHT??

Thanks

Scott

• February 22, 2010