• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi SFDC developers -

I've been trying to see if there is a way in Apex to retrieve the values of a picklist by record type.  The getPickListValues() method doesnt seem to take input arguments for record type id.  Also the DescribeSObjectResult object seems to retrieve record types info, but this child object doesnt seem to be able to get the values either.   Is there sometihng I'm missing or is there another creative solution for this?  

The basic requirement is on VF page to dynamically show task object picklist values based on what country a user is  from (we'll get that off user record and match to a record type on the task object and get the appropriate values). 

Thanks everyone!

Hi - I have a VF page with a custom controller. It allows for a multi-line entry of Tasks and when I hit save (command button, save page reference), it does the normal ajax call to run the controller logic and outputs a designated message on the VF page once its done processing. However, in some cases the message doesnt come back quickly, and it seems like users are clicking on the "Save" button multiple times. This is creating duplicate task records. Is there a way to display a message right away while the logic is processing -- similar to the "Waiting Dots" popup in s-controls -- so the users can know not to keep clicking? Or has anyone come up with other creative solutions? tag did not seem to work. 

Thank you in advance!

When a picklist multi is in a regular pagelout, it appears I automatically get this two-column GUI object that let's me moved selected items from one column to the selected column.

Is there an input type in VF that does that automatically or would it have to be coded by hand?