• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Is it possible to create multiple user records by importing like record import using data loader?

Thanks

Hi,

Where can I download the Rollout Guide from?

Thanks!

What is the difference setting a field read-only through profiles( I mean at the time of field creation ) vs on page layout? Is there any difference or just two different ways?

Thanks!

Hi, 

Just curious, how different sandboxes are differentiated when single singon is implemented and user logs into the LAN and types in http://test.salesforce.com   :smileyindifferent:

Thanks!

Hi,

I tried to invoke method in the controller Extension class from <apex:actionSupport> tag. Also, pass

a parameter using <apex:param>.

I got the error saying: the method does not exist in the Standard controller.

Is it not possible to invoke the above way? If we can't, is there any way to achieve this.

Please help.  Appreciate your time reading the post.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a tricky situation.

I have a page VF1 with SelectRadio (there are other things, for simplicity consider only this) and corresponding Apex class, class1.  when the form on the page is submitted the variables are set in class1.  

Now, I need to pass some of the values captured in class1 variables to class2.

For that, I declared a  callingMethod in Class1 and calledMethod in class2 passing the variables List<string>.

To invoke the CallingMethod, declared a static{ callingMethod();} block in class1. The problem is I am getting the values as 'null' in class2, may be because of the fact that static block is executed before the varaibles are set on submit button.Please suggest me any workarounds or Am I going in wrong direction.

Appreciate your time.

This is what I am trying to explain:

class1{

static{

callingMethod(List<String> abc);

}

//populate List<String> static callingMethod(List<String> lst) { class2.calledMethod(lst); } } ============== Class2 { static calledMethod(List<String> lst) { // read values from list. I am getting 'null' values } }

Hi all,

I am trying to construct a <selectOption> dynamically by reading the values from a custom object which will be displayed in VF page.

Here is my code:

public List<SelectOption> getZipList () { List<SelectOption> zipList = new List<SelectOption>(); List<Zip_List__c> zipListObj= new List<Zip_List__c>(); zipListObj = [Select Name From Zip_List__c]; for (integer i=0;i<zipListObj.size;i++) { zipList.add(new SelectOption(zipListObj[i],zipListObj[i])); } }

When I try to save the controller, it throws:

Error: Compile Error: Constructor not defined: [System.SelectOption].<Constructor>(SOBJECT:Zip_List__c, SOBJECT:Zip_List__c)

If I hardcode the values in " zipList.add(new SelectOption(zipListObj[i],zipListObj[i])); ", it is working fine for me,

Please advice. 

Thanks in Advance

Hi all,

I am Facing issues  accessing contact.Email field value from a custom object.

Details:

Custom object (obj__C) has a custom lookup field to "Account".

I thought, because Account and contact have a relationship between them, I could use the following.

When I try to use {!obj__c.Account__r.Contact__r.Email}  merge field in a VF page, the error is:

Invalid field Contact__r for SObject obj__c.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

Can I call a method present in the extension class onclick of a command button.

Or should that method be present in the standard or custom controller.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a custom field with some restriction.

The requirement is, the user should be able to delete the existing text in the filed but should not be able to enter new text into it. To save new value in the field the user has to go to another visualforce page and select the data which satisfies few requirements.

How can I achive this?  Any focus on using validation rules or trigger etc?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can I make use of merge fields (access merge fields) within a Javascript funtion which is present in a visualforce page? 

Thanks.

Hi,

I have <apex:selectRadio> tag in my VisualForce page with  two radio buttons in it. 
I need to pass the value of the selected radio button to a JavaScript function to carry out further functionality.
Here is what I am trying to do:

// partial code from Controller

public List<SelectOption> getStateCountry() {
        List<SelectOption> nameCode= new List<SelectOption>(); 
        nameCode.add(new SelectOption('state','state')); 
        nameCode.add(new SelectOption('Country','Country')); 

return nameCode; 
    }

public String getNameCodeValue() {
        return nameCodeValue;
    }                 
    public void setNameCodeValue(String nameCodeValue) { this.nameCodeValue = nameCodeValue; }

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

// partial code from VisualForce page
<script> 
  function testFunction(radval) 
    {
      alert('in Testfunction  : '+ radval);

}
 </script> 

<apex:form >
                 <apex:selectRadio id="nameCodeID" value="{!nameCodeValue}" onchange="testFunction('{!nameCodeValue}')" >
                <apex:selectOptions value="{!nameCode}"/>
            </apex:selectRadio>
   </apex:form >

============

Alert says:  "in Testfunction  : undefined"

Am I going in the right direction, please help.

Thanks

Hi,

I have <apex:outputPanel id="hide" layout="block">.

Html radio buttons with onclick events. Javascript function to handle the above events. 

My question is: I am trying to hide the the content present in  <apex:outputPanel> [ which results in <div>]

I am not sure how to access the id of the outputpanel and hide/show when the radio buttons are clicked.

I tried something like :  $Component.blockID.tableID

. [Link] , but did not succeed.

Any help or direction on this highly appreciated.

Thanks 

Hi,

Just wondering is there any performance hit if I use Html tags instead of visualforce tags, when it can be done either way.

Thanks.

Can somebody explain what does it mean by Heap size?  Or please direct me in right direction.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

In a master-child relationship between a standard object and custom object. Which of the following statements in NOT true.

Please select two items.

a) Standard object is always master

b) Custom object is always master

c) Custom object is always child

d) Standard and Custom object can be a master

e) Standard object is never a child

Which two options can be selected for this question?

Thanks and Regards,

Devendra S

I have a "financially sensitive" client undergoing a proof of concept project using Chatter Plus / Force.com E One-App.  In order to meet some of their requirements, I might need to re-create accts and contacts as custom objects since I can fit it within the 10 object/user limit (Accounts & Contacts are read-only in OneApp).  

I expect a few complications and challenges, but has anyone out there already tried this (working around the read-only by simply re-creating them as custom obljects) and can tell me what to expect?  I want to do it for them, but I also dont want to open up a can of worms that takes countless hours to back out of.

Any experience or other work-arounds are appreciated. 

What is the difference setting a field read-only through profiles( I mean at the time of field creation ) vs on page layout? Is there any difference or just two different ways?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me with the following issue(a simple one but I am unable to solve it)

I have two record types A, B of which B is set as default. 'B' has 5 profiles associated with it. Now, I want to delete the record type 'B' but unable to do so.  

Tried doing the following things but was unsuccessful:

1. Deactivate record type 'B'

2. Create new record type 'C' which has existing record type as 'B' and making it default.

When I try to delete 'B', there is an error message saying 'This record type cannot be deleted because the following profiles use this record type as default.' 

Any help in this is much appreciated...

Thanks in advance. 

• October 31, 2009

I am getting this error in my Visual force page:

Cannot coerce from class core.apexpages.el.adapters.ApexObjectValueELAdapter to class core.apexpages.el.adapters.metadata.ApexObjectValueMetadataELAdapter

• September 19, 2009

Hi,

I tried to invoke method in the controller Extension class from <apex:actionSupport> tag. Also, pass

a parameter using <apex:param>.

I got the error saying: the method does not exist in the Standard controller.

Is it not possible to invoke the above way? If we can't, is there any way to achieve this.

Please help.  Appreciate your time reading the post.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a tricky situation.

I have a page VF1 with SelectRadio (there are other things, for simplicity consider only this) and corresponding Apex class, class1.  when the form on the page is submitted the variables are set in class1.  

Now, I need to pass some of the values captured in class1 variables to class2.

For that, I declared a  callingMethod in Class1 and calledMethod in class2 passing the variables List<string>.

To invoke the CallingMethod, declared a static{ callingMethod();} block in class1. The problem is I am getting the values as 'null' in class2, may be because of the fact that static block is executed before the varaibles are set on submit button.Please suggest me any workarounds or Am I going in wrong direction.

Appreciate your time.

This is what I am trying to explain:

class1{

static{

callingMethod(List<String> abc);

}

//populate List<String> static callingMethod(List<String> lst) { class2.calledMethod(lst); } } ============== Class2 { static calledMethod(List<String> lst) { // read values from list. I am getting 'null' values } }

Hi all,

I am Facing issues  accessing contact.Email field value from a custom object.

Details:

Custom object (obj__C) has a custom lookup field to "Account".

I thought, because Account and contact have a relationship between them, I could use the following.

When I try to use {!obj__c.Account__r.Contact__r.Email}  merge field in a VF page, the error is:

Invalid field Contact__r for SObject obj__c.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

Can I call a method present in the extension class onclick of a command button.

Or should that method be present in the standard or custom controller.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a custom field with some restriction.

The requirement is, the user should be able to delete the existing text in the filed but should not be able to enter new text into it. To save new value in the field the user has to go to another visualforce page and select the data which satisfies few requirements.

How can I achive this?  Any focus on using validation rules or trigger etc?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have <apex:selectRadio> tag in my VisualForce page with  two radio buttons in it. 
I need to pass the value of the selected radio button to a JavaScript function to carry out further functionality.
Here is what I am trying to do:

// partial code from Controller

public List<SelectOption> getStateCountry() {
        List<SelectOption> nameCode= new List<SelectOption>(); 
        nameCode.add(new SelectOption('state','state')); 
        nameCode.add(new SelectOption('Country','Country')); 

return nameCode; 
    }

public String getNameCodeValue() {
        return nameCodeValue;
    }                 
    public void setNameCodeValue(String nameCodeValue) { this.nameCodeValue = nameCodeValue; }

// partial code from VisualForce page
<script> 
  function testFunction(radval) 
    {
      alert('in Testfunction  : '+ radval);

}
 </script> 

<apex:form >
                 <apex:selectRadio id="nameCodeID" value="{!nameCodeValue}" onchange="testFunction('{!nameCodeValue}')" >
                <apex:selectOptions value="{!nameCode}"/>
            </apex:selectRadio>
   </apex:form >

============

Alert says:  "in Testfunction  : undefined"

Am I going in the right direction, please help.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a custom object and I need to establish "Master-Detail Relationship" with "Lead" object.

I don't find the LEAD populated in the "Related To"  picklist where I have to select the Parent Object.

All other standard Objects like Account, Contact, Opportunity are populated in the list EXCEPT "LEAD".

I am stuck with that and could not find the reason. What are the possible reasons?

Please help me.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

I'm trying to compare date fields on an object in an Apex SOQL statement:

Contact[] contacts = [SELECT id,
                      name,
                      member_status__c,
                      last_update__c,
                      renewal_date__c
                      FROM Contact
                      WHERE member_status__c = 'Active' AND  renewal_date__c < last_update__c];

Is this possible?  I'm getting 'unexpected token' errors with queries like the example above.  It appears, the command interpreter is not expecting the second field name.  Date functions like TODAY and LAST_X_DAYS work of course.