• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello.

I am trying to create a statement of changes for Opened opportunities but not sure how to do it.  The report is a simple table in excel with the following fields:

January         February         March ....

Opening Balance ($ Open Opportunities)    1,000,000        844,000

+ New Opportunities created                           +20,000          etc

-  Wins                                                            -50,000           etc

- Losses                                                          -80,000

- Holds                                                            -46,000

Closing Balance ($Open Opportunities)       844,000

Any Ideas??

Does anyone know if it's possible to replicate the "Opportunity Product" functionality of the Opportunities object on a custom object? 

We have a custom object called Projects and we would like to be able to add products just like we do in opportunities with all of the built in functionality such as establishing revenue schedules.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Hello,

I want to create a simple trigger which automatically inserts products after an opportunity is first created.

I have gotten as far as:

trigger ProductAddTrigger on Opportunity (after insert) {

}

What is the syntax to add opportunity products? 

Hello,

I want to create a simple trigger which automatically inserts products after an opportunity is first created.

I have gotten as far as:

trigger ProductAddTrigger on Opportunity (after insert) { }

Can someone please let me know the easiest way to make an apex class available in production mode??

Is Eclipse the only way or can I also do it from the online user interface?

Can someone please let me know the easiest way to make an apex class available in production mode??

Hello!
I am new at writing APEX code and I need some help.   I want to write the following Excel logic in APEX CODE:

My organization has three products….let's call them "Product 1" , "Product 2", and "Product 3"

For Each Product I have a field called "Product 1 Rate", "Product 2 Rate" and "Product 3 Rate"

I want to declare a variable called "PriceDaily" and have it equal one of the product rates.

So I want to say:  If Product name is  "Product 1" than "Price Daily" is "Product 1 Rate",
                                    If Product name is  "Product 2" than "Price Daily" is "Product 2 Rate",
                                    If Product name is  "Product 3" than "Price Daily" is "Product 3 Rate"

How is this written in an APEX Class? 

Thank you for you help!!!!!!!!!
Hello!
I am new at writing APEX code and I need some help.   I want to write the following Excel logic in APEX CODE:

My organization has three products….let's call them "Product 1" , "Product 2", and "Product 3"

For Each Product I have a field called "Product 1 Rate", "Product 2 Rate" and "Product 3 Rate"

I want to declare a variable called "PriceDaily" and have it equal one of the product rates.

So I want to say:  If Product name is  "Product 1" than "Price Daily" is "Product 1 Rate",

Hello!

My organization has three products.let's call them "Product 1" , "Product 2", and "Product 3"

My question specifically is about Matrix Reporting and the limitation of having only two columns to summarize.  To reiterate, I am looking to be able to run a matrix report (at a summary level) that has multiple columns that describe it such as: Region, Brand, Product Class, Industry, and so on…. And at the same time summarize revenue schedules by month.

It would look something like this:   

Multiple Descriptive ColumnsProduct 1 Revenue ScehduleProduct 2 Revenue ScehduleProduct 3 Revenue ScehduleTotal Revenue Schedule
Opp.AccountRegionBrandClassSub ClassJanFeb MarchJanFebMarchJanFebMarchJanFebMarch
Opoprtunity 1xxxxx$$$$$$$$$$$$
Opoprtunity 2xxxxx$$$$$$$$$$$$
Opoprtunity 3xxxxx$$$$$$$$$$$$

Is there a workaround for this? 

The only other thing that I can think of is creating dynamic name fields.  Meaning custom Fields that the label itself is a date (not text) that changes and that I can use when creating a custom formula.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!!

Does anyone know how to add multiple fields in a matrix report...

For instance:  I would like to the foolowing report

Opportunity Name              Account           Contact        State        Month 1    Month 2..................

A                                       Ford                 John             CA           $ 100        $200

B                                       GM                   Tony            OH           $ 200        $300

Instead:  Salesforce Does not allow detail info such as Account, State.Contact and so on to be shown on the summary level....is there a way I can instruct the system to show that info on the summary report? 

Does anyone know how to set workflow rules to individual products.  For instance we have three generic products:

Product 1

Product 2

Product 3

WorkFlow 1 - I want Product 1 Date to be 21 days after today() - this one is simple - I did this one

WorkFlow 2 - I want Product 2 Date to be after product 2

Workflow 3 - I want Product 3 Date to be after Product 3

I have already composed the formulas for all three in the opportunity object and in the product object but when creating the formula I can not chose custom fields.  It looks like I can only chose standard fields.  Is there any way around this?

Hello!

Does anyone know if Salesforce has a better tool to use with regards revenue recognition other than the Product Schedule option?

The Product Schedule option is clever but not nearly as flexible as it needs to be.  (atleast from what I know)

Pre Salesforce we used a simple excel spreadsheet to forecast monthly revenues from our pipeline. 

So essentially what we need is to set automatic schedules based on formula rates and start dates rather than having to manually edit each record’s start date and rate.

Any Ideas?  Here is an example of what we need and how robust it needs to be

Total Project                      Daily Revenue                                   Formula Start Date      Month 1     Month 2    Momth 3     Momth 4

Revenue                                     Recognition Rate                             

$100,000                                            $2,000                                                                August 31                            2000       60,000            38,000

$300,000                                           $4,000                                                                 August 30                            8000       120,000          120,000         52,000

We have all the formula fields needed but we don’t know how to tell Salesforce to use them for forecasting or revenue scheduling. 

Thank you for your help!!!!!

Harry

Hello,

I am trying to find a formula/function in Salesforce that is the equivalent to the EOMONTH function in excel.  The excel function is as follows:

Scenario 1 =EOMONTH(A1,0)  => this gives me the end date of the month that is in cell "A1"

Scenario 2 =EOMONTH(A1,1)  = > this give me the end date of 1 month after the month  that is in cell "A1"

So if A1 is Jan 15,2009 the function would give me Jan 31, 2009 in scenario 1 and Feb 28, 2009 in scenario 2.

Does anyone know how this can be accomplished in Salesforce?

Hello,

I am trying to find a formula/function in Salesforce that is the equivalent to the EOMONTH function in excel.  The excel function is as follows:

Scenario 1 =EOMONTH(A1,0)  => this gives me the end date of the month that is in cell "A1"

Scenario 2 =EOMONTH(A1,1)  = > this give me the end date of the month after the month  that is in cell "A1"

So if A1 is Jan 15,2009 the function would give me Jan 31, 2009 in scenario 1 and Feb 28, 2009 in scenario 2.

Hello,

Scenario 2 =EOMONTH(A1,1)  = > this give me the end date of the month after the month  that is in cell "A1"

Hello,

I have gotten as far as:

trigger ProductAddTrigger on Opportunity (after insert) {

}

Hello!

Hello!

My organization has three products.let's call them "Product 1" , "Product 2", and "Product 3"

Hello,