• 75 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I select a file, I click the button to save the file as an attachment.  This all works fine.  But if I then refresh the browser it adds that same file a second time.  If I refresh again it again adds a 3rd file and so on..

Anyone know how to fix this?  I tried nulling the attachment out in the controller but it doesnt help :(

Here is the inputfile and command button in the VF page.
<apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">
            <apex:inputFile styleClass="btn" value="{!anAttachment.Body}" fileName="{!anAttachment.Name}"/>&nbsp;
            <apex:commandButton id="saveButton" value="{!$Label.Save_Attachment}" action="{!saveAttachment}"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>

Here is the save method in the controller

// save attachment to service case
    public void saveAttachment(){
        // create bridge object for additional functionality
        Attachment__c bridge = new Attachment__c();
        bridge.External__c = false;
        bridge.Restricted__c = false;
        bridge.Service_Case__c = theCase.York_Case__c;
        insert bridge;

// create attachment and add it to the bridge object
        anAttachment.parentId = bridge.id;
        insert anAttachment;
        anAttachment = null;
        anAttachment = new Attachment();
    }

Here is the end result with multiple copies of the same file being attached after I clicked refresh twice.

User-added image

We loaded users with their emails scrambled.  Now we need to correct them.  The problem is we do not want all our users to have to confirm the email change.  The business reason is it would be a logistics nightmare to get all users to properly accept the email change and that it looks unprofessional.

Anyone know a way to bypass this Salesforce limitation?

I am inserting share records on a custom object fine through dataloader.

I am trying to insert a share record in a trigger and I get errors when the user is currently inactive.

This is going to be a huge problem for my project, anyone know how to get around this?

thank you!!

Anyone have luck with aligning a button to be beside a lookup input?  

The HTML that the lookups generate is causing me issues with everything I try.

I believe I may have found a compiler issue.  Anyone else run into the following:

I have one wrapper class called anObject.

I have a second wrapper class that contains the fields for each anObject wrapper.

public class anObject{
        public Boolean isMaster { get; set; }
        public Id sId           { get; set; }
        public aField[] fields  { get; set; }

public anObject(Id i, aField[] fl, Boolean m){
            fields = fl;
            isMaster = m;
            sId = i;
        }
    }
    public class aField{
        public Boolean checked  { get; set; } // this is the problem variable
        public String value     { get; set; }
        public String apiName   { get; set; }

public aField(String v, String a){
            this.checked = true;
            this.value = v;
            this.apiName = a;
        }
    }

I translate the sObject into my custom anObject and put them into a list.

public List<anObject> theObjects    { get; set; }

The problem comes when I call the list in a VF page.

<apex:repeat value="{!theObjects}" var="a">
        {!a.isMaster}<br/>
        <apex:repeat value="{!a.fields}" var="f">
            <input type="radio" name="{!f.apiName}" value="{!f.checked}"/>
            {!f.value} <br/>
        </apex:repeat>

Everything works except for the Boolean variable "checked".  It throws me the following error:

Error: /apex/SMLeadMerge: Cannot coerce from class core.apexpages.el.adapters.RuntimeTypeMetadataELAdapter to class java.lang.Boolean

Interesting additional note, if I do the exact same thing but instead of using a list I use a map then the boolean works fine.  

I've been staring at this code too long and I think something obvious isn't jumping out at me.  I have a recursive trigger causing me to hit the maximum trigger depth but I can't think of how to fix it.  If anyone can help I am posting the trigger in it's entirety and the error.

THANKS!

The scenario is a user updates a custom revenue object.  This fires a trigger to update the record with the "Prior Year Revenue"  and also update the next year's "Prior Year Revenue".

trigger RollUpPriorYear_AIAU on Revenue__c (before insert, before update, after update, after insert){
    Set<String> pastKeys = new Set<String>();
    Set<String> futureKeys = new Set<String>();

Map<String, Revenue__c> currentRevs = new Map<String, Revenue__c>();
    Map<String, Revenue__c> futureRevs = new Map<String, Revenue__c>();

// key: Internal id corrected to last year, total prior year amount 
    Map<String, Integer> pastTotalPriors = new Map<String, Integer>();
    List<Revenue__c> priorRevs = new List<Revenue__c>();

// revenue to be updated
    List<Revenue__c> futurePlaceHolders = new List<Revenue__c>(); 
    List<Revenue__c> futureRevsToBeUpdated = new List<Revenue__c>();

for(Revenue__c r: trigger.new){    
        // gather the internal ids

// current 
        currentRevs.put(makeKey(r, 0), r);

// past
        pastKeys.add(makeKey(r, -1));

// future
        futureKeys.add(makeKey(r, 1));  
    }

// retrieve all the past total forecasted
    for(Revenue__c re: [SELECT Account__c,Team__c,User__c,Total_Forecast__c,Quarter__c,Fiscal_Year__c,Platform__c FROM Revenue__c WHERE InternalId__c IN : pastKeys]){
        String reKey = makeKey(re, 0);
        if(pastTotalPriors.containsKey(reKey)){
            Integer aTotal = pastTotalPriors.get(reKey);
            aTotal += Integer.ValueOf(re.Total_Forecast__c);
            pastTotalPriors.put(reKey,aTotal); 
        }
        else{
            pastTotalPriors.put(reKey,Integer.ValueOf(re.Total_Forecast__c));
        }

priorRevs.add(re);
    }

// create placeholders if no current rev exists to hold prior rev
    for(Revenue__c pr : trigger.new){
        if(!futureRevs.containsKey(makeKey(pr,0))){
            Revenue__c ph = new Revenue__c();
            ph.Account__c = pr.Account__c;
            ph.Team__c = pr.Team__c;
            ph.Platform__c = pr.Platform__c;
            ph.Fiscal_Year__c = String.ValueOf(Integer.ValueOf(pr.Fiscal_Year__c.substring(0, 4)) + 1); 
            ph.Fiscal_Year__c += '-';
            ph.Fiscal_Year__c += String.ValueOf(Integer.ValueOf(pr.Fiscal_Year__c.substring(5, 7)) + 1);
            ph.Quarter__c = pr.Quarter__c;
            ph.User__c = pr.User__c;
            ph.Date__c = pr.Date__c;
            futurePlaceHolders.add(ph);
        }
    }

if(trigger.isBefore){
        // this deals with updating past revenue records
        for(Revenue__c r: trigger.new){
            system.debug('*** updating the following pastTotalPriors: ' + pastTotalPriors);  
            r.Final_Prior_Year__c = pastTotalPriors.get(makeKey(r,-1));
        }
    }  

if(trigger.isAfter){
        // this deals with updating future revenue records - so they also fire this trigger
        for(Revenue__c rev: [SELECT id FROM Revenue__c WHERE InternalId__c IN : futureKeys]){
            futureRevsToBeUpdated.add(rev);
            futureRevs.put(makeKey(rev,0),rev);
        }
        update futureRevsToBeUpdated;

// this creates placeholders for prior year revenue values sitting on the current year revenue records
        // THIS IS GIVING ME THE ERRORS
        insert futurePlaceHolders; 
    }

// utility method    
    private String makeKey(Revenue__c rev, Integer yrAdj){
        //Account__c + Team__c + TEXT( Platform__c ) + Fiscal_Year__c + TEXT( Quarter__c ) + User__c
        String theKey = String.ValueOf(rev.Account__c).substring(0, 15);
        theKey += String.ValueOf(rev.Team__c).substring(0, 15);
        theKey += rev.Platform__c;
        theKey += Integer.ValueOf(rev.Fiscal_Year__c.substring(0, 4)) + yrAdj;
        theKey += '-';
        theKey += Integer.ValueOf(rev.Fiscal_Year__c.substring(5, 7)) + yrAdj;
        theKey += rev.Quarter__c;
        theKey += String.ValueOf(rev.User__c).substring(0, 15);
        System.debug(' *** theKey: ' + theKey);
        return theKey;
    }
}

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger RollUpPriorYear_AIAU caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: RollUpPriorYear_AIAU: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, RollUpPriorYear_AIAU: maximum trigger depth exceeded Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7Ds] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7Dt] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7Du] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7Dv] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7Dw] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7Dx] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7Dy] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7Dz] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7E0] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7E1] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7E2] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7E3] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7E4] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7E5] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7E6] Revenue trigger event AfterInsert for [a06c0000000Y7E7]: []: Trigger.RollUpPriorYear_AIAU: line 79, column 1

If I want to message a particular user I can just use @Mark Benioff.  Is there a way to message a whole organization?

My client wants to organize their accounts into teams for reporting purpose.  The accounts are wide open (everyone can see, create etc) so they do not teams for sharing.  They do need to manage the teams a bit (ex. adding and removing team members done by managers).

What would you suggest I use? 

Thank you.

Old code is now throwing me an error.

They seem to no longer support retrieving a value directly in a custom setting as seen below.  Anyone else had this problem after Saturday's release?

ex:

Id publicCalendarId = HardcodedIDs__c.getall().values().id__c;

Using the following formula field:

HYPERLINK( '/' + Contact__c , Contact__r.LastName & ', ' & Contact__r.FirstName,'_parent')

When I sort the a related list by this formula field it does not correctly sort.  For example, Instead of Apple, Bob, Cat it sorts seemingly randomly like this.. Bob, Apple, Cat.

Anyone else encounter this?

I am displaying two dates (a from and to date) like this, 8/8/2011 to 8/10/2011.  If no to date is entered then I do not want to display the " to " text.  

I am using a simple outputText like below but it does not work:

<apex:outputText value=" to " rendered="{!Account.To__c != null}"/>

I used the same code but with a text field and had no problems:

<apex:outputText value=", {!Account.Name}" rendered="{!Account.Name != null}"/>

Any ideas?

<apex:image url="https://c.cs7.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id={!TD_Logo}&oid={!$Organization.Id}"/>

I remove all hardcoding but this one is giving me problems.  Is there a command to pull the org instance?

Why doesnt this trigger work?  It doesnt throw any errors it just doesnt populate the title field.  Can I not use a reference like Contact__r.Contacts_Title__c in a trigger?

trigger AddTitleToAttendee_BI on Attendee__c (Before Insert) {  

for(Attendee__c a : trigger.new){
        a.Title__c = a.Contact__r.Contacts_Title__c;
    }
}

Is there anyway to dynamically populate a picklist on a standard edit page?  The standard edit page is so restricted and the project doesnt have the budget timeframe to rewrite the whole standard page fully in VF just to add one custom field to the edit page.

Thank you.

Has anyone been able to get jQuery to work in a custom button for a standard page layout?  All the examples I can find are on custom VF pages :(

Example code or a link to example code would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

It is a pretty simple scenario so I will summarize it.   I cannot find anything to explain this behaviour so I am hoping some of you Apex geniuses can tell me that I am just making a simple mistake.

The users enters input into a field and then clicks a button.  The button calls the controller to create another sObject and it is displayed on the VF page using a repeat.  Another button is suppose to delete the last item from the list.  The field the user is inputting is a master-detail and therefore is a required field but why do I get the "Error: You must enter a value" when I am trying to just remove the last sObject from the list?

Here is the code.

<apex:repeat value="{!requests}" var="r">
                    <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!r.Contact__c}"/>
                    </apex:pageBlockSection>

public List<Attendee__c> requests {get; set;}

public void addAttendee() {
        attendeesList.add(new Attendee__c(Meeting__c = meet.Id));
}

public void removeAttendee() {
        if(attendeesList.size() > 0){
            attendeesList.remove(requests.size()-1);
        }
}

Thank you!

Any way to click a button to print all of a record's attachments?

Thanks.

I am cloning a record and then using a for loop to change say half of the fields on the cloned record.  Then I am updating the object.  I dont want to write a line for every field I am updating so I wrote a for loop.  Unfortunately, its not working.

public void setupMergedAccount(){
        mergedAccount = toAccountObj.Clone();
        List<String> fieldsToChange = new List<String>{'Phone','BillingCity'};
        for(String f : fieldsToChange){
            mergedAccount.[f] = fromAccountObj.[f]; // USING THE VARIABLE HERE DOESNT WORK 
        }
}

Anyone?

Salesforce saves phone numbers like this (905) 123 - 1234

Agents type numbers in the search like this 9051231234

This works for standard account and contact objects but not for my client's custom objects.

There are hundreds of thousands of records so the addition of a hidden field that changes the phone format to be more searchable is not a valid option at this point since this field would only be updated if each record was opened and resaved.

The Salesforce support does not have any solutions for me so I am reaching out to you guys in the dev community.  Please help! 

A little challenge,

I have say 100 strings in a list that are in this format: 3 to 5 numbers, a space, a name.  

Example 1: "1234 Product Name One"

Example 2: "12345 Product Name Two"

How do I most efficiently remove the 1234 and the space so I just have Product Name? 

Result 1: "Product Name One"

Result 2: "Product Name Two "

I select a file, I click the button to save the file as an attachment.  This all works fine.  But if I then refresh the browser it adds that same file a second time.  If I refresh again it again adds a 3rd file and so on..

Anyone know how to fix this?  I tried nulling the attachment out in the controller but it doesnt help :(

Here is the inputfile and command button in the VF page.
<apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">
            <apex:inputFile styleClass="btn" value="{!anAttachment.Body}" fileName="{!anAttachment.Name}"/>&nbsp;
            <apex:commandButton id="saveButton" value="{!$Label.Save_Attachment}" action="{!saveAttachment}"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>

Here is the save method in the controller

// save attachment to service case
    public void saveAttachment(){
        // create bridge object for additional functionality
        Attachment__c bridge = new Attachment__c();
        bridge.External__c = false;
        bridge.Restricted__c = false;
        bridge.Service_Case__c = theCase.York_Case__c;
        insert bridge;

// create attachment and add it to the bridge object
        anAttachment.parentId = bridge.id;
        insert anAttachment;
        anAttachment = null;
        anAttachment = new Attachment();
    }

Here is the end result with multiple copies of the same file being attached after I clicked refresh twice.

User-added image

I am inserting share records on a custom object fine through dataloader.

I am trying to insert a share record in a trigger and I get errors when the user is currently inactive.

This is going to be a huge problem for my project, anyone know how to get around this?

thank you!!

If I want to message a particular user I can just use @Mark Benioff.  Is there a way to message a whole organization?

<apex:image url="https://c.cs7.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id={!TD_Logo}&oid={!$Organization.Id}"/>

I remove all hardcoding but this one is giving me problems.  Is there a command to pull the org instance?

Why doesnt this trigger work?  It doesnt throw any errors it just doesnt populate the title field.  Can I not use a reference like Contact__r.Contacts_Title__c in a trigger?

trigger AddTitleToAttendee_BI on Attendee__c (Before Insert) {  

for(Attendee__c a : trigger.new){
        a.Title__c = a.Contact__r.Contacts_Title__c;
    }
}

Has anyone been able to get jQuery to work in a custom button for a standard page layout?  All the examples I can find are on custom VF pages :(

Example code or a link to example code would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

It is a pretty simple scenario so I will summarize it.   I cannot find anything to explain this behaviour so I am hoping some of you Apex geniuses can tell me that I am just making a simple mistake.

The users enters input into a field and then clicks a button.  The button calls the controller to create another sObject and it is displayed on the VF page using a repeat.  Another button is suppose to delete the last item from the list.  The field the user is inputting is a master-detail and therefore is a required field but why do I get the "Error: You must enter a value" when I am trying to just remove the last sObject from the list?

Here is the code.

<apex:repeat value="{!requests}" var="r">
                    <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!r.Contact__c}"/>
                    </apex:pageBlockSection>

public List<Attendee__c> requests {get; set;}

public void addAttendee() {
        attendeesList.add(new Attendee__c(Meeting__c = meet.Id));
}

public void removeAttendee() {
        if(attendeesList.size() > 0){
            attendeesList.remove(requests.size()-1);
        }
}

Thank you!

Hi,

Any ideas how I can print an Attachment given I know the url to it? The url to an Attachment is something like:

https://na3.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00PA0000002Dlc5

The Documents.Open() method takes in a url, and the above url doesn't work.

• October 01, 2010

Hi all,

I have a standalone Flex app, e.g. not embedded in a VF page.

I can log into a non-sandbox org, but I cannot seem to log into a sandbox org.

I have tried changing the LoginRequest.server_url property to "https://test.salesforce.com" and "http://cs2.salesforce.com" with no luck, and I also tried changing xmlns:salesforce= to both of these values as well.

How is this meant to be attained? 

Thanks!

Salesforce saves phone numbers like this (905) 123 - 1234

Agents type numbers in the search like this 9051231234

This works for standard account and contact objects but not for my client's custom objects.

There are hundreds of thousands of records so the addition of a hidden field that changes the phone format to be more searchable is not a valid option at this point since this field would only be updated if each record was opened and resaved.

The Salesforce support does not have any solutions for me so I am reaching out to you guys in the dev community.  Please help! 

SAML for Web Access and Delegated Authentication for API (Web Service - desktop client) access.

Thanks.

• October 14, 2009

I have a button that when the user clicks it it is suppose to grab from the fields the user just filled in and say return them an alert message.  I am having trouble tho because the object is not saved so the values do no exist in the db yet.   

How do I retrieve values from the user's currently open page before they save those values? 

Message Edited by Redfin on 10-05-2009 02:28 PM
Hi,

I am a new bee to Apex development.
I am trying to generate Apex class from Fedex shipping WSDL file.

After parsing the file, I tried to generate the Apex class but I was getting the following error,

Apex generation failed.
Error message:
Error: Unsupported WSDL. Operation 'deleteShipment' has more than one output element.

How do I generate the Apex class?

please throw some light on it.

thanks
sk
  • June 26, 2008