• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

my problem is that a trigger in Opportunity makes future calls to an external API, one call per product in the opportunity.

Now, we have to update 1200 opportunities at once, we can do it with the "massive updater", but the trigger will fail 'cos of the maximum 10 future calls governor limit, is that right?

Do you know any way to pass trough this issue? 

Message Edited by Sergi on 02-11-2010 11:40 AM
  • February 11, 2010

It's possible to check if a field has been modified with an after update trigger?

Similar to the workflow rule condition ischanged(field_name)

I want to take some actions if the ownerId field from Account has changed. 

• January 25, 2010

Hi,

I've a custom VF page with a custom controller too. When the controller catches an exception I put it in an ApexPages.Message, and return null (to the VF page).

Is there any way to catch this message with javascript and show an alert with the text? 

• January 21, 2010

Hi,

I just made a VF page related to Accounts that searches state and city based on the postal code.

Thats 2 VF pages and an apex class.

Now I have to do the same with Leads, the code will be the same, only changing the standard controller and a couple of object calls. But the structure of the pages will be the same.

There's any way I can keep only one VF page, switching the standard controller or something like that?

• November 05, 2009

Do you know if there's any way to know in witch enviroment (production or sandbox) is running an Apex application (class, trigger...)?

I mean inside the code of course. Any "global variable" that tells the enviroment?

• October 20, 2009

Hi,

I'm writing an apex class, working with Force.com IDE in Eclipse.

When I add the following line to the code, it doesn't upload the code to the server for an unknown error

c = [SELECT Id, Name FROM Account WHERE Id = :c.Id];

It seems that the problem is in the :c.Id (c is an Account), if I put

Id = 'xxx' //scalar value

in the WHERE section works fine.

• September 25, 2009

Hi,

I'm tying to launch a custom SOQL query:

SELECT Phone, PersonAssistantName, Owner.FirstName, Owner.LastName, Owner.Username, Owner.CommunityNickname, (SELECT Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastName, Contact.MobilePhone, Contact.Email FROM Account.Contacts LIMIT 1) FROM Account

But can't access to the CommunityNickname field of User table.

Looking at the documentation for User, it must exist. What am I doing wrong?

• September 08, 2009

It's possible to check if a field has been modified with an after update trigger?

Similar to the workflow rule condition ischanged(field_name)

I want to take some actions if the ownerId field from Account has changed. 

• January 25, 2010

Do you know if there's any way to know in witch enviroment (production or sandbox) is running an Apex application (class, trigger...)?

I mean inside the code of course. Any "global variable" that tells the enviroment?

• October 20, 2009

Hi,

I'm writing an apex class, working with Force.com IDE in Eclipse.

When I add the following line to the code, it doesn't upload the code to the server for an unknown error

c = [SELECT Id, Name FROM Account WHERE Id = :c.Id];

It seems that the problem is in the :c.Id (c is an Account), if I put

Id = 'xxx' //scalar value

in the WHERE section works fine.

• September 25, 2009

Hello,

I need your help to fix a problem that i have with my application using salesforce API,

I'm using PHP development invironment. 

I'm used to send XML request to create/update salesforce objects [leads, contacts or activity history].

And to send the XML request, i have to escape the XML special characters so i can send a valid XML request.

Special characters are like:

• '&' (ampersand) becomes '&'
  • '"' (double quote) becomes '"' when ENT_NOQUOTES is not set.
  • ''' (single quote) becomes ''' only when ENT_QUOTES is set.
  • '<' (less than) becomes '&lt;'
  • '>' (greater than) becomes '&gt;'

Note: if i didn't escape these special characters then the request will fail.

The problem is that these special characters aren't mapped back on the server to thier equivalent, i mean if want to set the description of a lead into:

this is a customer description for a lead with these special & " ' < > characters.

Then what i find on Salesforce is:

this is a customer description for a lead with these special &amp; &quot; &#039; &lt; &gt; characters.

Which doesn't make sense.

Please i need your help on how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance

eng.imad.atia@gmail.com 

Hi,

I'm tying to launch a custom SOQL query:

SELECT Phone, PersonAssistantName, Owner.FirstName, Owner.LastName, Owner.Username, Owner.CommunityNickname, (SELECT Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastName, Contact.MobilePhone, Contact.Email FROM Account.Contacts LIMIT 1) FROM Account

But can't access to the CommunityNickname field of User table.

Looking at the documentation for User, it must exist. What am I doing wrong?

• September 08, 2009

I have a visualforce page sitting on the home page within an iframe.  I want the user to be able to click a link on that visualforce page and display the details page for the specific object (e.g. a Task).

When the user clicks the link the page refreshes but only within that iframe. How do I get the parent window (i.e. my main salesforce window) to refresh as if the page was being accessed normally?

Thanks in advance...

• April 29, 2009

Hi,

While Running a testmethod, I am getting the exception "System.TypeException: Testmethods do not support webservice callouts". This testmethod is for testing a trigger, which is calling the Google API service for Latitude and Lonitude Conversion. I am using Salesforce API version 15.0

What can be the alternative way? Please help..

Thanks in advance,

Suvra

• April 17, 2009