• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How do I allow users using standard profiles to view a custom object?

Some of the users in my organisation are not able to see all the custom objects that I have created.

Trying to fix this, I've been around and checked every checkbox I could find that looked even vaguely applicable to no avail. Apart from the ones under Setting->Manager Users->Profiles because apparently the standard profiles cannot be edited.

Which is where I start to get confused. Because according to the documentation "users with standard profiles can't access new custom objects—you must assign them custom profiles and edit the profiles" ... but about half of my custom objects are accessible with the standard profiles.

So obviously there must be way to allow standard profiles access to custom objects because I've apparently already done it several times but as I'm making this up as I go along learning this as I go along I didn't realise it was impossible at the time and now can't remember how to do it again.

Can anyone enlighten me?

• April 22, 2010
I've been running some tests and it looks like the primary campaign source does not automatically populate for opportunities created on person accounts attached to campaigns. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any way around it? I would like the opportunities to be associated with the most recent campaign attached to the person account.
  • November 20, 2009
My company just started using email-to-case. We'd like to track how long it takes our customer service reps to initially respond to an email when it comes in. The tricky part is that often times the initial response does not solve the issue, so the case is still open. I was hoping to run a report on the average time it takes an activity to close, because we automatically create activities whenever a new case is created. From what I can see, this isn't possible. I tried creating a custom field for date/time closed, but cannot automatically update it with workflow. Has anyone figured out a way to get this information?
  • November 19, 2009
Is there any way to create separate related lists for different record type? I have two types of contacts that have completely different roles, and having them in the same related list can cause confusion. I couldn't figure out how to make separate related lists, so I ended up creating a custom object for one of the types. The problem with this is that I lose some functionality, like the ability to mass email. Any suggestions for how I can make a clear separation but still keep all of the records as contacts?
  • October 22, 2009

I'm having some problems with time based workflow. I have set up an email drip campaign using time based workflow. To do this, I created a series of outbound emails based on a custom date field, "activation date". I also created completed tasks associated with each of these emails so that we would have a record that the emails were sent.

The emails are sent out over the course of a 35 day period. When I first activated the campaign, I went through and triggered the workflow on a list of contacts that are already somewhere along that 35 day period. I then went to monitor my time based workflow and noticed that the actions that should have taken place in the past showed up in the queue. (e.g. if someone was supposed to receive an email 10, 20, 27, and 35 days after 9/1/09, they showed up in the queue for all of these dates, regardless of whether the date had passed or not.) I deleted all of the past dates from the queue, cancelling the actions, because I did not want these people to receive all of these emails in one day.

Unfortunately, this morning I noticed that the associated tasks with the workflow showed up in the contacts' activity history. I ran a report, and sure enough, the tasks were logged for all of the past dates even though I had cancelled the workflow. I ran a report for html email sent, but unfortunately came up with no results--maybe it does not record email sent through workflow?

I have a few questions, and answers to any of them would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is there any way that I can see if the emails actually went out? It's probably just wishful thinking, but I'm hoping just the tasks were logged and the emails didn't go out.

2. Is it possible to create workflow rules that will only trigger future actions? i.e. Can I create workflow that will put someone on the middle of a series or do they always have to start from the beginning?

3. Any ideas of why the workflow was still executed even though I cancelled it?

• October 07, 2009

How do I allow users using standard profiles to view a custom object?

Some of the users in my organisation are not able to see all the custom objects that I have created.

Trying to fix this, I've been around and checked every checkbox I could find that looked even vaguely applicable to no avail. Apart from the ones under Setting->Manager Users->Profiles because apparently the standard profiles cannot be edited.

Which is where I start to get confused. Because according to the documentation "users with standard profiles can't access new custom objects—you must assign them custom profiles and edit the profiles" ... but about half of my custom objects are accessible with the standard profiles.

So obviously there must be way to allow standard profiles access to custom objects because I've apparently already done it several times but as I'm making this up as I go along learning this as I go along I didn't realise it was impossible at the time and now can't remember how to do it again.

Can anyone enlighten me?

• April 22, 2010
My company just started using email-to-case. We'd like to track how long it takes our customer service reps to initially respond to an email when it comes in. The tricky part is that often times the initial response does not solve the issue, so the case is still open. I was hoping to run a report on the average time it takes an activity to close, because we automatically create activities whenever a new case is created. From what I can see, this isn't possible. I tried creating a custom field for date/time closed, but cannot automatically update it with workflow. Has anyone figured out a way to get this information?
  • November 19, 2009

Hello,

Anyone using Case Age In Business Hours package from appexchange is having problems with Email2Case?

We're getting a lot of errors because of too many SQL queries...

Thank you for any help!

2009-09-23 13:45:36,770 145373 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.mail.GenericClient - Wed Sep 23 13:45:36 WEST 2009:Error:0: CalculateBusinessHoursAges: execution of BeforeUpdate

caused by: System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21

Trigger.CalculateBusinessHoursAges: line 20, column 32
2009-09-23 13:45:36,792 145395 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.mail.GenericClient - Wed Sep 23 13:45:36 WEST 2009:Error:1: CalculateBusinessHoursAges: execution of BeforeUpdate

2009-09-23 13:45:36,792 145395 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.mail.GenericClient - Wed Sep 23 13:45:36 WEST 2009:Error:2: CalculateBusinessHoursAges: execution of BeforeUpdate

2009-09-23 13:45:36,792 145395 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.mail.GenericClient - Wed Sep 23 13:45:36 WEST 2009:Error:3: CalculateBusinessHoursAges: execution of BeforeUpdate

2009-09-23 13:45:36,792 145395 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.mail.GenericClient - Wed Sep 23 13:45:36 WEST 2009:Error:4: CalculateBusinessHoursAges: execution of BeforeUpdate

2009-09-23 13:45:36,792 145395 [Timer-0] INFO com.sforce.mail.GenericClient - Copying 5 messages to error mailbox
2009-09-23 13:46:21,784 190387 [Timer-0] INFO com.sforce.mail.GenericClient - Wed Sep 23 13:46:21 WEST 2009:Success:0 ID=02s20000002VbynAAC Success=true
2009-09-23 13:46:21,784 190387 [Timer-0] INFO com.sforce.mail.GenericClient - Wed Sep 23 13:46:21 WEST 2009:Success:1 ID=02s20000002VbyoAAC Success=true
2009-09-23 13:46:21,784 190387 [Timer-0] INFO com.sforce.mail.GenericClient - Wed Sep 23 13:46:21 WEST 2009:Success:2 ID=02s20000002Vc2DAAS Success=true

Message Edited by MiguelGuerreiro on 09-23-2009 01:54 PM
I have created a simple workflow rule that sends a lead an email with a particular attachment based on a simple checkbox.  The problem is I get no history, either through Activity History or HTML Email Status.  Is there a way to do this?  I can get it in to History via an additional workflow rule, but would prefer to track through HTML email.
Message Edited by mbolton on 09-13-2009 06:11 PM
  • September 14, 2009

I would like SF to create a new case automatically when another one with certain conditions has been closed.

- Create a new case with custom case type and assign it to a queue.

- Closed case has to fill certain criterias: case type, some field values must match criteria, and so on..

How can this be done? I'm not able to do very complicated programming. Do you have any pointers on how to proceed with this task?

• September 09, 2009

I installed this App successfully in my dev org, but when I repeat the process in my client's Production Org, clicking the 'Find Nearby Accounts' link opens the VF window, but then I get an empty dialog box, and no results.

The batch Geocode Accounts function works fine. 

I have de-installed, repeated the setup process, but same results.

Ideas? 

Message Edited by pinkelk3 on 08-11-2009 11:17 AM

I am trying to grab an email address from the parent window when my Custom Button is clicked on a Lead Detail page.  But it seems like I am doing something wrong in my JavaScript to get at the parent window's HTML (Lead Detail page).   Does anyone know the correct syntax to get the HTML of the Lead Detail page when my JavaScript is invoked?

Here is my code snippet:

var obj = parent.document.getElementsByTagName('td');

Alert(obj.innerHTML);

Whatever I am getting back issnt the HTML of the Lead Detail page.   And I have tried different combinations of window.parent, parent.window etc etc with no luck.

thanks in advance. 

• August 04, 2009

Hi...I have a custom object ('line_item') that is related to Contracts via the contract number.  I have two questions :

1. Can I pull values for the related line items when I mail merge from the contracts page?

2. Can I use the same syntax as opportunity product lines (i.e. 'LINE_ITEM_CONTRACT_ID_START') for printing multiple records?

I am on Professional Edition, thanks for any help forthcoming.

Cheers....Ben

Addendum : I am actually not getting ANY items returned from 'Line Item' - even if I included nothing but their field names.
Message Edited by BJHollingsworth on 07-10-2009 06:47 AM
Message Edited by BJHollingsworth on 07-10-2009 07:09 AM

I am trying to find a way to track an html status of an email.All of my outboud email is going from workflow email alerts .Is there any way that i can keep track of emails opened by customer  and count .

Any help is appreciated..... 

hi all, this is my first post, made in desperation after searching to try and find this solution already discussed but no luck so far.

my problem is the restrictions on the behaviour of the inbuilt send email button in only lookingup contacts or person accounts. - I need to use the 'send email' functionality from my custom object (in order to merge the custom object field data into the email template) to send emails to leads as well as accounts, and I don't want to convert these leads at this stage just so that I can send them this email (I intend to automate this email being send to new leads on creation in the future).

I understand that I need to use a custom 'send email' button in replacement of the standard one, and the code for this button should facilitate contacts/person account and leads both being permitted in the recipient lookup.

has anyone built this already and can help me out?

thanks

Hi!  How can I create a Workflow - To create a new Case with Predefined information in it?

I can setup a worlkflow to create a task easy enough but thats it :(

Thanks!
Hi,

I need to update the Owner Id of a Contact each time it is inserted/updated. The Owner Id for Contacts is assigne to each Contact based in some criterias.  That is why I was thinking to use workflow rules, however I couldn't find any lookup fields in the list when I chose to update a field in the workflow action options. I really need to update Owner Id for each contact based in custom fields values... Is there any other way to do it if this one is not possible???

Any help?

many thanks!
  • October 09, 2008
Can any one tell me how the locale in salesforce mobile can be set to match that of the web system??
My case is that we have deployed salesforce mobile to our users world wide.
Administration of the users is done from the UK (myself).
Users within Sweden are setup with the Locale (in the web profile) as Sweden and the Time Zone
(GMT+01:00) Central European Summer Time (Europe/Berlin) but when an entry is made to the calendar for an event the times do not match

For example -
Event entry to salesforce.com for meeting from 12:00 - 13:00hrs replicates in the salesforce mobile system at the time of 11:00 - 12:00hrs.

The device we use is the Blackberry 8800.
Any ideas/solutions etc welcomed and greatfull.

Many thanks in advance.

sincerely

Baffled :smileyindifferent:

Now i thought this was easier than it actually is.

I would like to pass the value from an Opportunity field into an Account field.

Of course i cannot use a formula field to do this. I'm wondering if i can update a field with an S-Control that queries the Opportunity table.

I already have the query set up.

var SearchString="Select Type, Membership_Status__c, Membership_End_Date__c from Opportunity where AccountId = '{!Account.Id}' And Membership_Status__c = 'Active'";

Now this will give me a number of records. But i would like to populate a field in the Account table with a value pulled from that query.

Unless there is another way of doing this.

Please help :)
Hi - I am pretty new to salesforce - so new that we are still manipulating our trial account to see if salesforce will work for us.

We have two custom objects that are related.  "Oppty Product" is the parent and "Horizon Products" is the child.

I have a lookup for "Horizon Products" on the "Oppty Product" l layout.  What I would like to do it pull in a bunch of the fields from "Horizon Products" object onto the "oppty product" object.  These fields would need to have the ability to be changed by the user and would stay on the "Oppty Product" object.

Basically, we have a bunch of products but many of the products can be customized.  Thats why I want to pull in the default values from the Horizon Product but yet give the user the ability to modify them.

Is this currently possible?  If so, I would really appreciate some guidance - thanks!!!!!!

Fred
  • April 21, 2008