• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've been working on this for a while, but I can't quite figure it out.

1. When you send an email from a case, it sends as the user, not as the customer support email address, by default.  It is a selection though. How do I make it default to the correct address?

2. Say we reply to a case, then close it.  A customer repsonds and it gets back into the case.  What's the best practice for us to KNOW that it's been replied to, instead of just staying closed?

Thanks

I'm pretty new to the SF API, but I do have most of the development tools installed, API access via PHP on my server, the force.com eclipse thing, apex expolorer, workbench, excel data connector, etc...

I need to run this query (in SQL) once now to update current records, and then I can put a little more effort into having it run  nightly:

Update Lead set matchfield = concat(Email, Affiliate_Of__c)  where matchfield is null        

Ideas?  Will that SQL run or do I need to change it?

I've done a few things with the API, and DO know the long way would be to pull every record and then update them (individually or batch)  But I can't help but to believe there must be a simpler way to run that update.

Thanks

In the lead or contact, on the campaign history list... What would be the easiest way to put a button that.

1. Changes campaign status to 'attended' for the campaign member.

2. Changes jumpstart__c to 'Attended'

3. Changes jumpstart_date__c to TODAY()

#1 is most important, but it would be nice if #2 and #3 could be done.

I'm not afraid of URL hacking buttons...

Thanks  

We have have a custom field that we originally put on the account...  Well now it seems that we need to be able to access that via a 3rd party email marketing system, but they can only read the fields on a contact.

What's the easiest way to get Account.ShortUrl__c to populate Contact.ShortUrl__c on every contact in the system? 

I'm familar enough with the API to be able to do this via querys from my servers with PHP... but that's overkill and I'm sure this can be done from salesforce directly.  

I know this code won't run, but it's as far as I can get...

trigger UpdateContactonAccountUpdate on Account (after update) {

for (Account a : Trigger.new) {
Update Contact set Contact.ShortUrl__c = a.ShortUrl__c;

}

}

Any ideas on how to make that actually work? 

I know SF will do this, I've even seen it before, but I don't know what it's called or where to find it in the setup.

When someone hits save on an updated record, I want it to trigger an external URL.   

Where do I find this? 

I'll start with a disclaimer... I haven't done much APEX, I'm a PHP developer... but I have played with the php API, got in with the force.com IDE,  and have a decent idea about what's going on.

So, what I'm looking for is:

Stage 1: A button that, when click runs something like "Update leads set start_date = tomorrow()+1day, status = 'sent' where status='registered' and start_date <= today() and id = "memberid";

Stage 2: Have that query, without the id=memberid restriction run on a cron job.  Preferably in salesforce, if it'll do that.  Otherwise I can kick it off from my server...

I'm not looking for someone to code this for me, but kinda let me know the best place to implement this.  A visual force page?  A php page on my server that runs the query?  Is there cron functionality in SF?

Thanks  

We have have a custom field that we originally put on the account...  Well now it seems that we need to be able to access that via a 3rd party email marketing system, but they can only read the fields on a contact.

What's the easiest way to get Account.ShortUrl__c to populate Contact.ShortUrl__c on every contact in the system? 

I'm familar enough with the API to be able to do this via querys from my servers with PHP... but that's overkill and I'm sure this can be done from salesforce directly.  

I know this code won't run, but it's as far as I can get...

trigger UpdateContactonAccountUpdate on Account (after update) {

for (Account a : Trigger.new) {
Update Contact set Contact.ShortUrl__c = a.ShortUrl__c;

}

}

Any ideas on how to make that actually work? 

I know SF will do this, I've even seen it before, but I don't know what it's called or where to find it in the setup.

When someone hits save on an updated record, I want it to trigger an external URL.   

Where do I find this?