• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I am trying to find out objects level relationship betwwen Roles and Reports - A Role has access to which all Reports? I don't see any object level relationship in schema to implement this in Apex. I have same doubt for Public Groups and Reports - A group has access to which all Reports?

Thanks!

Dcoder

• August 08, 2012

Hi,

We have a requirement to send attachments to a FTP server from our Prod org. I was reading about many app exchange apps like FTP attachments. As I understand, it can be used to attach files and store it on our storage server. But our requirement is send existing attachments to our FTP server. We want to have this process scheduled too like every 5 mins.

Please help me if we have any app which can do it or Can I do any customization in our org to achieve this. For example, we have HTTP commands in salesforce, on the similar lines Do we have for FTP?

thanks!

Hi,

We are Upserting a custom object A using API calls from .Net code. In the Upsert call, we have been specifying External ID of the custom object A. Now, A has a lookup relationship with custom object B. We are thinking if A can be upserted and linked (with B) in one API call. For example, when we upsert using Data Loader, there is a way to specify lookup relationship in .sdl file.

<customobject_B__c>=<nameOfRelationship__r>\:<externalIDField_c>

We are searching for a similar way of doing this in our .Net code to save number of API calls to link B to A. In the Apex API guide, there are examples of Upserting objects with its own external IDs but not with related (lookup, Parent objects) objects by specifying their External IDs. Please share if anyone is having any idea about it.

Thanks!

• March 10, 2011

Hi,

I have a class in sandbox and have it exported in a project in eclipse. When I run test for it in eclipse, it gives me 90% test coverage for it but when I run test in salesforce app front end it gives 75%. I have noticed that while running test in salesforce app it is not including the exception block as executed whereas in eclipse it does. I have put code in test method of that class to have the exception block executed.

to give you a brief about testmethod:

static testmethod void test1(){

try

{

.........test code for testing most part of the class

.......test code to generate exception so it can be caught in exception block below

}

catch(exception e)

{

....this exception block is empty in testmethod but has statements in class

}

} // end testmethod

Please help me out what can be possible cause of this issue and how it can be resolved.

Thanks!

• November 10, 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to show date time with Apex:outputtext using the below code:

<apex:outputText value=" {0,date,MM/dd/yy HH:mm a}">
       <apex:param value="<DateTime field>"/></apex:outputText>

The result of this is date is coming in GMT timezone. Please let me know how can we show it in user's timezone.

thanks!

• October 13, 2010

Hi All,

I am creating PDF attachments from custom object records. These PDFs are created from the VF page which is being rendered as PDF. This VF page shows the data from those records itself.

pdf = new PageReference('/apex/testVFpdf');

pdf.getParameters().put('ID',<custom object record ID>);
          Blob pdfContent = pdf.getContent();

temp_att = new attachment();

temp_att.body = pdfContent;
          temp_att.ContentType = 'pdf';

temp_att.

Name = 'test.pdf';

temp_att.ParentId = <custom object record ID>;

insert temp_att;

Now, the issue is , sometimes this attachment gets created correctly and sometimes not. Does anyone have any idea about it? How can the PDF file creates properly for most of the time and sometimes it is not able to open. When we try to open it in Adobe, it gives an error saying "either the file type is not supported or it got damaged due to incorrectly decoded". When I run my code again to create the same PDF file, it gets created correctly. So, the issue can not be in that record's content otherwise the PDF could not be created from it ever then.

Please share suggestions.

thanks!!

• September 01, 2010

Hi All,

plz see if neone can help me out...

i wanted to know if we want to expose ideas functionality thru sites to external users on internet, how to achieve it,....i saw starbucks idea site below

http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/

so by seeing the link it seems that it has been implemented thru Sites but when i tried to expose std Ideas page thru sites its asking for login ...........so i hv few questions:

1. how to expose std ideas thru sites?
2. do i need to develop user registration from scratch or it can be done using customer portal?
3. how much VF work is needed to develop a site like starbucks?
4. users should be able to see existing ideas and comments without login, if they want to post an idea or vote/comment on some idea then only they are required to login. so how to implement this?

if my questions are not clear, plz let me know...
thanks
dcoder

Hi All,

We have a requirement to integrate UPS with Salesforce.com. The requirement is to automate below two processes:

1.  to send the information of confirming shipment and get the shipping label from UPS

2.  to have the tracking information updated in SF from UPS

I have researched on it and found below points:

1. The WSDL provided by UPS cannot be directly consumed in SF.com, it throws an error 'Found schema import from location UPSSecurity.xsd. External schema import not supported'.
  2. I am also in touch with UPS to confirm if we can integrate it using HTTP request/response. For it I’ll require their webservice URL on which I can POST data using HTTP callout and get response back in XML. BUT before proceeding in that, I would like to confirm that Can we make HTTP callouts from a trigger or scheduled APEX? As our requirement is to automate the shipping so most probably we’ll be doing HTTP callouts from a trigger (calling Future class) or may be batch Apex. I found the below post on discussion boards related to it which states that there can be some issues:

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Scheduled-Apex-and-HTTP-Callouts/td-p/177792

3. There are some applications on AppExchange like ExactShip (ShipCRM) but those don’t meet the requirements as they are manually driven.

4. There are some third-party products like AIVEA (eShip), who provide webservices to integrate with UPS but their WSDL could not be consumed too (Error: Failed to parse wsdl: Unable to find schema for element; {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}schema. None of their clients have earlier integrated their webservices with SF.com. I am working on integrating their webservices using HTTP request/response but would like to get any detailed documentation on HTTPS callouts (to pass parameters to webservice and parse the XML response). Kindly let me know where I can find details about it.

It would be really great if I can get any help on this.

Thanks !

• April 28, 2010

Hi,

I have created a home page component having Javascript to hide a standard button across all forms. I have included this component in left pane. This component is having javascript function to check if any button exists on forms of the given name, if yes its display is set as None to hide it. I am calling this function on windows.onload event.

After some time I noticed that the helptexts (question marks near fields to show specific help texts) are disabled due to my javascript.

Anyone has idea how to overcome this issue. Please help.

regards

dcoder

• December 07, 2009

Hi,

The open Activities of the contact records related to an Account object are shown in open Activities on that Account record. But, the open Activities of a custom child  (having lookup to Account) object's are not shown on related Account record. Any idea, why is it so?

Thanks

dcoder

• November 18, 2009

Hi,

I was just testing that Tasks created for Contacts are viewable on related Account's detail page. But, if in the same way we have two custom objects A & B (having a Lookup to A) and we create a new Task on B then we it wont show-up on A's open activities.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• November 16, 2009

Hello,

Could you plaese help me with this. We need to change the display of required fields to have red '*' rather than the red '|' icon. This needs to be done with all standard and visualforce pages. Any suggestions please.

Thanks!

• November 02, 2009

Hi,

We are Upserting a custom object A using API calls from .Net code. In the Upsert call, we have been specifying External ID of the custom object A. Now, A has a lookup relationship with custom object B. We are thinking if A can be upserted and linked (with B) in one API call. For example, when we upsert using Data Loader, there is a way to specify lookup relationship in .sdl file.

<customobject_B__c>=<nameOfRelationship__r>\:<externalIDField_c>

We are searching for a similar way of doing this in our .Net code to save number of API calls to link B to A. In the Apex API guide, there are examples of Upserting objects with its own external IDs but not with related (lookup, Parent objects) objects by specifying their External IDs. Please share if anyone is having any idea about it.

Thanks!

• March 10, 2011

Hi,

I have a class in sandbox and have it exported in a project in eclipse. When I run test for it in eclipse, it gives me 90% test coverage for it but when I run test in salesforce app front end it gives 75%. I have noticed that while running test in salesforce app it is not including the exception block as executed whereas in eclipse it does. I have put code in test method of that class to have the exception block executed.

to give you a brief about testmethod:

static testmethod void test1(){

try

{

.........test code for testing most part of the class

.......test code to generate exception so it can be caught in exception block below

}

catch(exception e)

{

....this exception block is empty in testmethod but has statements in class

}

} // end testmethod

Please help me out what can be possible cause of this issue and how it can be resolved.

Thanks!

• November 10, 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to show date time with Apex:outputtext using the below code:

<apex:outputText value=" {0,date,MM/dd/yy HH:mm a}">
       <apex:param value="<DateTime field>"/></apex:outputText>

The result of this is date is coming in GMT timezone. Please let me know how can we show it in user's timezone.

thanks!

• October 13, 2010

Hi All,

I am creating PDF attachments from custom object records. These PDFs are created from the VF page which is being rendered as PDF. This VF page shows the data from those records itself.

pdf = new PageReference('/apex/testVFpdf');

pdf.getParameters().put('ID',<custom object record ID>);
          Blob pdfContent = pdf.getContent();

temp_att = new attachment();

temp_att.body = pdfContent;
          temp_att.ContentType = 'pdf';

temp_att.

Name = 'test.pdf';

temp_att.ParentId = <custom object record ID>;

insert temp_att;

Now, the issue is , sometimes this attachment gets created correctly and sometimes not. Does anyone have any idea about it? How can the PDF file creates properly for most of the time and sometimes it is not able to open. When we try to open it in Adobe, it gives an error saying "either the file type is not supported or it got damaged due to incorrectly decoded". When I run my code again to create the same PDF file, it gets created correctly. So, the issue can not be in that record's content otherwise the PDF could not be created from it ever then.

Please share suggestions.

thanks!!

• September 01, 2010

Hi All,

plz see if neone can help me out...

i wanted to know if we want to expose ideas functionality thru sites to external users on internet, how to achieve it,....i saw starbucks idea site below

http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/

so by seeing the link it seems that it has been implemented thru Sites but when i tried to expose std Ideas page thru sites its asking for login ...........so i hv few questions:

1. how to expose std ideas thru sites?
2. do i need to develop user registration from scratch or it can be done using customer portal?
3. how much VF work is needed to develop a site like starbucks?
4. users should be able to see existing ideas and comments without login, if they want to post an idea or vote/comment on some idea then only they are required to login. so how to implement this?

if my questions are not clear, plz let me know...
thanks
dcoder

Hello,

I have a problem with the @Future in Apex and a VisualForce page.

Problem:
I need a function that can create PDF files out of a VF page and send this byEmail. And I want to processes many records (between 150 and 750 records) byclicking 1 button.

Tried this:
I have a APEX class that is executed @Future.
This Class will select some records (accounts) and then loop these records.
In this loop an existing VF page is "called"/"created" withthe record ID as parameter. This page is a VisualForce page withRenderAs="PDF".

So I just want to get a PDF file based on that VF page and the record ID.

Then I want to send out an email with some of these PDF files as attachments.

When I run this code on a selection with 1 record and I don't use @future,everything works. I recieve an email with a PDF attachment and the rightcontent is in the PDF.

When I run this code on many records and don't use @future, I get a time outerror in the browser.

When I run this code on many records and use @future, It seems to work becauseafter a while I recieve an email with many attachments, but I can not open theatatchments because they are no good PDF files and all of the same size : 2 kb. The normal PDF should be like 14 KB.

How can I fix this?

Kind regards,

Bart Caelen

Adapti 

Message Edited by AdaptiDev on 01-22-2010 05:33 AM
Message Edited by AdaptiDev on 01-22-2010 06:13 AM

Is there anyway to remove/hide the standard Save & New button on the edit page of Salesforce.

I don't want this action for my User and I don't have control over the standard edit page layout of Salesforce unlike the detail page layout. Please let me now if this is possible in some ways in the standard Salesforce page itself.

Regards,

Karthik.

How do you get my test method to only work with records created in my test method?

For example im trying to setup records to test with in my test method, and i want to limit my asserts to working with these records created in the test method.

I dont want the test method to work with "real" records in the Org, because If my test method uses "real" records and i write asserts to test correctly with sandbox records, my test will fail once i move it from the sandbox to production, because the record counts are not the same between the two Orgs.

For example when I do something like this test method below, it seems to be testing "real" records, not stricly test records created in the test method. I expect this to assert to zero, but the actual is 10, because I have 10 "real" records in the Org:

public static testMethod void testUserVerticalAssociation() { Profile careersPro = [select Id,Name from Profile where UserLicense.Name='Customer Portal Manager Standard' and Name like '%Careers' limit 1]; system.debug('profile is... '+careersPro.Name); User u01 = [select Id,Name,ProfileId from User where Profile.UserType='PowerCustomerSuccess' and IsActive=true limit 1]; u01.ProfileId=careersPro.Id; update u01; system.debug('user is... '+u01.Name); alertController ac = new alertController(); System.runAs(u01) { ac.getCurrentUserInfo(); ac.assignUserToVerticals(); system.assertEquals(0, ac.ProfileAppropriateAlerts.size() ); } }

Also I am having a lot of trouble testing logic that works with users and profiles. For example I am finding that I can not insert a profile in a test method. It says DML is not allowed on profile. This means I have to pre-build "real" profile records and then query for those in my test method. So in this sceanrio my test method MUST work with "real" profile records. Strange, what am I doing wrong?

Im also having trouble with inserting a User record and assigning that User to an appropriate Profile when inserted via a test method. For example my profile query above is not working to use the ID of that profile and assign it to a user upon new user insert in the test method. I get "invalid user type cross reference". I assume this is because its inserting one user license type and the profile is for another user license type. However when i attempt to assign UserType upon new user insert, i get 'UserType not write-able'. So Im not sure how you get around the 'invalid usertype cross reference'.

So I am finding I have to pre-build "real" User and profile records, associate the Profile to the User via user update, and update the user accordingly to test my logic.

The other thing I am doing wrong and dont understand is when i attempt to use my test method to update "real" records using test methods, since my test method wants to work with "real" records for testing. But what I see is my test method is working with real records for testing but my test method can not update real records via test methods updates.

For example if I have my runas() containing the below, with the rest of the test method code the same as the above test method:

System.runAs(u01) { for(Solution sO : [select IsPublished from Solution]) { sO.IsPublished=false; update sO; } ac.getCurrentUserInfo(); ac.assignUserToVerticals(); system.assertEquals(0, ac.ProfileAppropriateAlerts.size() ); }

I would expect this to be zero, since I went through and set IsPublished=false on all "real" records.

Then since ac.assignUserToVerticals(); only add IsPublished=true to ac.ProfileAppropriateAlerts, the list should have none since i unpublished them all.

But what i get is an actual of six, since in this scenario the users profile is associated to "careers" keyword, and i have six "real" records with either Platform__c==null or pName.contains('Careers')==true.

I must be doing something really wrong to have such a mix of "needing to query real records to test user/profile logic" and "not wanting to test with real records" to get my counts in assert to test correctly.

This is the entire class:

public class alertController { // start variables public string log { get; set;} {log='';} public string userId { get; set;} {userId='';} public string pName =''; public datetime myDateTime = datetime.now(); // map profiles to verticals public Map<String,String> userProfileToSolutionPlatfromMap = new Map<String,String>(); // alerts for profile mapping public List<Solution> profileAppropriateAlerts = new List<Solution>(); // alerts for time to live public List<Solution> timeAppropriateAlerts = new List<Solution>(); // send alerts to the right server public List<Solution> alwaysShowTheseInAlertsPageList = new List<Solution>(); // list of light box alerts public List<Solution> showTheseInLightBoxList = new List<Solution>(); // make the light box not visible by default public boolean lightBoxPopUp { get; set;} {lightBoxPopUp=false;} // hide the alerts on the dashboard by default public boolean alertRenderController { get; set;} {alertRenderController=false;} // end variables /** The next section is the constructor for the page, its all the scripts we will run **/ public alertController() { userId+=UserInfo.getUserId(); // get info about current user getCurrentUserInfo(); // start assign solutions to users assignUserToVerticals(); // lightbox alerts putAlertsIntoLighBox(); } /************* end constructor */ void getCurrentUserInfo() { for(User u2 :[select Id,Profile.Name from User where Id = :UserInfo.getUserId() limit 1]) { pName = u2.Profile.Name; } } void assignUserToVerticals() { for(Solution s : [select Platform__c,Importance__c,Posted__c,Takedown__c,SolutionName,Portal_Version__c, Log__c,Lightbox_Popup__c,SolutionNote from Solution where RecordType.DeveloperName='Messages_and_Alerts' and IsPublished=true order by Ranking__C Desc nulls last,Importance__c Desc nulls last,Posted__c nulls last]) { // if there is no platform selected, give it to everyone if(s.Platform__c==null && s.Posted__c<myDateTime && s.Takedown__c>myDateTime) {profileAppropriateAlerts.add(s);} // if its the 'all vertical' profile, give them everything except 'testing' else if(pName.contains('All Verticals')==true && s.Posted__c<myDateTime && s.Takedown__c>myDateTime) {profileAppropriateAlerts.add(s);} // no matter what give everything to the system admin else if(s.Platform__c!=null && pName.contains('System Administrator')==true && s.Posted__c<myDateTime && s.Takedown__c>myDateTime) {profileAppropriateAlerts.add(s);} // now match up the solution platform with the user profile else if(s.Platform__c!=null && pName.contains('Careers')==true && s.Platform__c.contains('Careers')==true && s.Posted__c<myDateTime && s.Takedown__c>myDateTime) {profileAppropriateAlerts.add(s);} else if(s.Platform__c!=null && pName.contains('Motors')==true && s.Platform__c.contains('Motors')==true && s.Posted__c<myDateTime && s.Takedown__c>myDateTime) {profileAppropriateAlerts.add(s);} else if(s.Platform__c!=null && pName.contains('Real Estate')==true && s.Platform__c.contains('Real Estate')==true && s.Posted__c<myDateTime && s.Takedown__c>myDateTime) {profileAppropriateAlerts.add(s);} } // end assign solutions to users } void putAlertsIntoLighBox() { // start list for lightbox for(Solution s9 : profileAppropriateAlerts) { // if i dont account for a blank value here i get the attempt to dereference a null value error if(s9.Log__c==null || (s9.Log__c!=null && s9.Log__c.contains(userId)==false)) { showTheseInLightBoxList.add(s9); } } // end list for lightbox } /** this next section has all of the list returns - start **/ // return always show alerts public List<Solution> getalwaysShowTheseInAlertsPageList() {return alwaysShowTheseInAlertsPageList;} // return light box alerts public List<Solution> getShowTheseInLightBoxList() {return showTheseInLightBoxList;} // return profile appropriate alerts public List<Solution> getProfileAppropriateAlerts() {return ProfileAppropriateAlerts;} // return time appropriate alerts public List<Solution> getTimeAppropriateAlerts() {return timeAppropriateAlerts;} /************* end */ /** this next method controls the visibility of the lightbox popup & page redirects - start **/ /** this is a new re-write of newCase() method **/ /** this is the current method in csc_frontdoor on test **/ // start method for page run time actions public PageReference controlLightBoxVisibility() { if(profileAppropriateAlerts.size()==0) { PageReference homePage = new PageReference('/home/home.jsp'); homePage.setRedirect(true); return homePage; } if( // check if there are light box alerts for live showTheseInLightBoxList.size()<>0) { // if the light box alert lists are not empty... // render the HTML for them in the page lightBoxPopUp=true; } return null; } // end method for page run time actions /************* end */ /** this next method turns off the light box - start **/ // start method to disable thickbox messages on live public PageReference doNotShowAlertAgain() { for(Solution s5 :showTheseInLightBoxList) { // add the Id for the current user to the log // new method // stop adding the word "null" to the front of my log if(s5.Log__c==null) { s5.Log__c=+UserInfo.getUserId(); } else { s5.Log__c +=' '+UserInfo.getUserId(); } // old method // s5.Log__c += ' '+UserInfo.getUserId(); // Richette wants to change this to only update one alert by ID, not the whole list // update the list update showTheseInLightBoxList; } return null; } // end method to disable thickbox messages on live /************* end */ // start test method public static testMethod void testUserVerticalAssociation() { // find careers profile, for customer portal Profile careersPro = [select Id,Name from Profile where UserLicense.Name='Customer Portal Manager Standard' and Name like '%Careers' limit 1]; system.debug('profile is... '+careersPro.Name); // find motors profile, for customer portal Profile motorsPro = [select Id,Name from Profile where UserLicense.Name='Customer Portal Manager Standard' and Name like '%Motors' limit 1]; system.debug('profile is... '+motorsPro.Name); // find real estate profile, for customer portal Profile realEstatePro = [select Id,Name from Profile where UserLicense.Name='Customer Portal Manager Standard' and Name like '%Motors' limit 1]; system.debug('profile is... '+realEstatePro.Name); // find customer portal user User u01 = [select Id,Name,ProfileId from User where Profile.UserType='PowerCustomerSuccess' and IsActive=true limit 1]; u01.ProfileId=careersPro.Id; update u01; system.debug('user is... '+u01.Name); // initiate controller alertController ac = new alertController(); System.debug('>>>>>>>>>>>> Start test 1.'); System.debug('test what happens when all live alerts have no verticals selected...'); // run as test user System.runAs(u01) { // setup pName // User u02 = [select Id,Profile.Name from User where Id = :UserInfo.getUserId() limit 1]; // ac.pName=u02.Profile.Name; // system.debug('pName is...'+ac.pName); // clear the current list // ac.ProfileAppropriateAlerts.clear(); // unpublish all solutions for(Solution sO : [select IsPublished from Solution]) { sO.IsPublished=false; update sO; } ac.getCurrentUserInfo(); ac.assignUserToVerticals(); system.assertEquals(0, ac.ProfileAppropriateAlerts.size() ); // change three solutions, published, alive, no platform // for(Solution s2 : [select Id,Platform__c,IsPublished,Posted__c,Takedown__c // from Solution where RecordType.DeveloperName like 'Messages_and_Alerts' limit 3]) // { // s2.Platform__c=''; // s2.IsPublished=true; // s2.Posted__c = datetime.newInstance(2008, 1, 1); // s2.Takedown__c = datetime.newInstance(2010, 1, 1); // update s2; // } // ac.getCurrentUserInfo(); // ac.assignUserToVerticals(); // system.assertEquals(3, ac.ProfileAppropriateAlerts.size() ); // System.debug('>>>>>>>>>>>> End test 1.'); } // end run as } // end test method }

I'm stumped on this one.  I've opened a case with Salesforce Customer Support, but also posting here in the hopes that someone from the User Community might have run into this.

Meet Professor Plum:

Professor Plum is entered in our system as a Person-Account, with access to the Customer Portal:

His profile setting is "Faculty Portal User", which has READ and EDIT permission on the Custom "Faculty Approval" object:

As you can see from this Detail Record view, Professor Plum is the owner of this Faculty Approval record:

Professor Plum needs to do a review of the student named "JP Seabury".  So he logs in to the Customer Portal and pulls up the Faculty Approval record:

Everything looks in order, so Professor Plum edits the record, rates the candidate, and then tries to save the record.

Oh no!  Professor Plum got an error message:

But how is this possible?  Professor Plum IS the record owner.  His user profile has permissions to EDIT this object, and even while the Sharing Rules are private for this object type (so Faculty Members can only see the Faculty Approval requests that have been assigned to them), when I look at the Sharing details for the record, it's confirmed that Professor Plum should be able to update this record:

I've checked and double checked:

1.) Profile has READ/EDIT privs of the Faculty_Approval__c custom object

2.) Customer Portal User is the record owner

3.) Custom object is viewable to customer portal users

4.) Sharing settings show full access for this customer portal user member.

What am I missing? 

Message Edited by JPSeabury on 05-17-2009 01:58 PM
Hi. I tried to 'disable' the default Attachment function of SFDC with the following trigger:

Code:
trigger AttachmentDisabler on Attachment (before insert) {
 List<Attachment> atts = Trigger.new;
 for(Attachment a:atts) {
  a.addError('Please use the "Attach(FTP)" button on top of the detail page to attach a file.'); 
 }
}

But this does not seem to work. Did I do something wrong or is it impossible this way? Even the debug did not show anything, the trigger does not seem to do anything. Any other ways to disable the normal Attach function of SFDC without removing the entire related list? (want to keep notes function)
I have set up a customer portal and now want to have Single sign on to it from our company website .. I am really struggling with this as I can see "Is SSO enabled" in a normal users profile under General User Permissions but there does not seem to be anywhere to set it in a Portal user's profile .. I've had our web developer review all the Wiki entries and it all makes perfect sense apart from the bit about "make sure the portal user profile has "Is Single-sign-on enabled" checked and you are using the correct login URLs."

Has anyone already set this up and could give me some direction?

Jaz
All,
I understand delegated authentication pretty well, but have a question about how it all works with the Outlook Plugin.

So let's say that I have my delegated authentication setup so that when a user logs into my company intranet, he or she gets issued a SiteMinder token.  Then when they click on the "Go to CRM" link, we convert their network username to their equivalent SFDC username and put the Siteminder token in the password field.   So far, so good, but what about the Outlook Connector?

When the user fires up Outlook and the SFDC Outlook Connector prompts them for a Username and Password what do they enter?  They don't know their SFDC Id and they definitely don't know what their SiteMinder token is.  Has used Delegated Authentication in such a way that it successfully handles the Outlook (or other Office) connectors?

Thanks,
V81