• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have added a custom field at the account level for an account email address -- most contacts do not have an email address of their own -- the primary email is at the account level.

I would like to be able to create a report for all new donations (Opportunities) made per account and email a receipt to the account email address.

In addition to just regular receipts, I'd like to send an email that contains all of their donations for the year to serve as the donors annual tax statement.

Has anyone setup something like this? Is it possible using built in SalesForce tools, or is their a plugin I can use?

I'm passing in a SalesForce session ID and session URL to an Intranet page as a means of authenticating the current user.

This is the code I am using for that:

require_once (SALESFORCE_SOAPCLIENT_BASEDIR.'/SforceEnterpriseClient.php'); $mySforceConnection = new SforceEnterpriseClient(); $mySoapClient = $mySforceConnection->createConnection(SALESFORCE_SOAPCLIENT_URL.'/enterprise.wsdl.xml'); $mySforceConnection->setSessionHeader($sessionId);

$mySforceConnection->setEndpoint($sessionUrl);

That successfully logs in the current user, now I want to try to pull some contact records from the database, so I use this code:

$contactResult = $mySforceConnection->query("SELECT Formula_Field_Name__c, Name, Id FROM Contact LIMIT 50"); if (count($contactResult->records)) { foreach ($contactResult->records as $record) { echo '<pre>'; print_r($record); echo '</pre><hr>'; } }

In the print_r output, I'll get Name and Id -- but the Formula field is no where to be found. At first I thought maybe I didn't spell it correctly, so I tried adding random characters to the fieldname to ensure it would create an error, which id did. So I know I am spelling the field correct, I just can't get it to show up in the results.

The host I am on is using PHP 5.2.6, can someone exaplain what I need to do to fix this? Any help is much apprciated.

I'd like to automatically format the Account Name field in the standard Accounts object based on the value of a few select custom fields.

This is something I'd normally create a formula for, but there's no way to do that on standard field as far as I can see.

Basically, let's say I'm editing or creating a new account inside salesforce.com -- I have the following custom fields:

Prefix

First Name

Last Name

Middle

Suffix

I'd like to set it up so the standard account name fields gets updated via JavaScript as the values in those custom fields are modified.

Is this possible, or a pipe dream?

I have added a custom field at the account level for an account email address -- most contacts do not have an email address of their own -- the primary email is at the account level.

I would like to be able to create a report for all new donations (Opportunities) made per account and email a receipt to the account email address.

In addition to just regular receipts, I'd like to send an email that contains all of their donations for the year to serve as the donors annual tax statement.

Has anyone setup something like this? Is it possible using built in SalesForce tools, or is their a plugin I can use?

I'm passing in a SalesForce session ID and session URL to an Intranet page as a means of authenticating the current user.

This is the code I am using for that:

require_once (SALESFORCE_SOAPCLIENT_BASEDIR.'/SforceEnterpriseClient.php'); $mySforceConnection = new SforceEnterpriseClient(); $mySoapClient = $mySforceConnection->createConnection(SALESFORCE_SOAPCLIENT_URL.'/enterprise.wsdl.xml'); $mySforceConnection->setSessionHeader($sessionId);

$mySforceConnection->setEndpoint($sessionUrl);

That successfully logs in the current user, now I want to try to pull some contact records from the database, so I use this code:

$contactResult = $mySforceConnection->query("SELECT Formula_Field_Name__c, Name, Id FROM Contact LIMIT 50"); if (count($contactResult->records)) { foreach ($contactResult->records as $record) { echo '<pre>'; print_r($record); echo '</pre><hr>'; } }

In the print_r output, I'll get Name and Id -- but the Formula field is no where to be found. At first I thought maybe I didn't spell it correctly, so I tried adding random characters to the fieldname to ensure it would create an error, which id did. So I know I am spelling the field correct, I just can't get it to show up in the results.

The host I am on is using PHP 5.2.6, can someone exaplain what I need to do to fix this? Any help is much apprciated.

I'd like to automatically format the Account Name field in the standard Accounts object based on the value of a few select custom fields.

This is something I'd normally create a formula for, but there's no way to do that on standard field as far as I can see.

Basically, let's say I'm editing or creating a new account inside salesforce.com -- I have the following custom fields:

Prefix

First Name

Last Name

Middle

Suffix

I'd like to set it up so the standard account name fields gets updated via JavaScript as the values in those custom fields are modified.

Is this possible, or a pipe dream?