• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

When someone fills the web form, my sales users recieve an Email saying that a new lead was created in Salesforce. 

Can i have the LINK to this new lead in the template so my sales team can just click on it and open the new lead in salesforce??

where do i customise this?

Thanks

• March 23, 2011

Is there a way to set up a report to show all Accounts that do not contain a custom related list?

We have a custom object that is a child of the Account, I want to see all the Accounts where there hasn't been any data yet populated in this custom object, so when data is put in there, it will come off of the report.

Thanks!

Hi All,

How can we assign a picklist value to a record type once it is created.

I have picklist field called Integration and it has values x,y,z but while adding z i forgt to assign it to a record type A, now i want it to assign z to A record type..is this possible?

We currently use SFDC to track Support cases and we're using a pretty stock Case tab. When editing the Case details, upon saving the record, the Last Modified date is updated as expected. However, the support engineers are very fond of using a related list - Case Comments and emails to continually add comments to the case. However, they'd like the Case Detail last modified date to be updated each time a comment or email is updated or created.

Any workarounds for this? seems like a requirement for tracking proper support metrics.

• February 11, 2010

Hello all,

I am using a custom 'Send an Email' button on Lead page (for partner portal users) which will auto-populate the 'Additional To' and 'CC' fields.

the code i am using behind this button is:

https://org.secure.force.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&template_id=00XC0000001eo51&p5=&retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&p4={!Lead.OwnerEmail}

This was working fine untill recently.

Since last couple of days when portal users are trying to use this button to send an email, the following error is popping up:

Page Not Found: /_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor

I tried to test if the standard 'Send an Email' button is working from the Activity History related list and the same error message pops up.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

VK

• February 16, 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to delete a Lead record type but when trying to do so the system is throwing an error message that this lead record type is default for the profile name "External Who"

When i click on this profile it is saying i do not have the privileges to view/edit this profile (I am a system admin)

Am i missing something?

Thanks,

VK

• July 08, 2011

Hi,

I am aware that Partner Portal users do not have access to delete records of standard objects.

Wondering if we can have a custom button on Contacts object which will force delete that record on button click?

Thanks,

VK

• July 06, 2011

Hello all,

I have this requirement where I need to set up more than 100 different lead assignment rules (assigning leads to users based on Lead Zip Code).

Wondering if there was any other simpler way to achieve this?

Thanks,

VK

• July 05, 2011

Hello all,

I have a report on Account with Invoice and Invoice Items. (Account is Master to Invoice and Invoice is master to Invoice Items)

Created a custom report which should display Account name, Invoice detail and invoice item details. This is working fine for EE users but when the same report is run by partner portal users, they are not able to see either Invoice object fields or Invoice Item object fields.

I checked for the following but still the problem persists:

1. Invoice and Invoice Item objects are made available to partner portal profile

2. Checked if these fields are available in the custom report type

3. Field level security for all the fields for the two custom objects

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

VK

• June 06, 2011

Hello all,

I have two situations here.

1. Account has a custom 'Acc Number'  field which is unique and case-sensitive. If any partner portal user searchs for an account by this custom acc number,  the system is not finding the appropriate account.

2. Also, I am using the default search for partner portal users and it is not working for custom objects.

Example: Invoice is a custom child object to Account (Master -detail relationship). When a user tries to search an invoice by invoice number, no results are showing up.

Am i missing anything here?

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

VK

• May 16, 2011

Hello all,

I have a custom object 'Prospect' and want this to be similar to standard Lead object i.e., a convert button which converts prospect record to Account and Contact.

Just an FYI. This is a Force.com enterprise platform where CRM objects (Leads, Campaigns, Opportunities, etc.) are unavailable.

Thanks in advance,

VK

• May 16, 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to run a report on Accounts-->Custom Obj A-->Custom Obj B (master detail relationship)

I see that not all fields of custom obj B are available to show in the report (i am trying to display a text field here)

Am i missing something?

Thanks,

VK

• April 18, 2011

Hello all,

I have a custom object 'Invoice' which is a child to Account obj.

I have few invoice records (example: inv1, inv2, inv3,..) which are already assigned to an account (example: Acc1).

Now i want to assign these to another account (example: Acc2).

Any pointers how to achieve this is really appreciated.

Thanks,

VK

• March 25, 2011

Hello all,

I always insert/update thousand of records using the apex data loader v21.0

Today, when i performed the same thing, i got this strange error: "UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW:unable to obtain exclusive access to this record". Only a few of them were inserted and the others had this error.

I uploaded the unsuccessful records again and had this issue with more than half of the total records.

I had to perform the upload quite a few times to upload all the records.

Did anyone face the same issue before? if so, please let me know why this happens and what to do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,

VK

• March 18, 2011

Hello all,

I want to have the 'Find Duplicates' button for the Leads accessed by partner portal users.

For this, i am aware that the the portal user profile should have 'Delete' access on the object.

I see that we can provide delete access to custom objects but not standard objects. Is partner portal set up in this way (without delete access) by SFDC or am i missing something?

I dont want to install any third party de-dupe apps from AppExchange.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks,

VK

• March 09, 2011

Hello all,

I have searched this forum for a better answer to the issue i am facing right now but couldn't get any.

First off, i am new to VF page development and here's my situation:

I am using a VF page which returns Sales Order details along with Order items (Master-Detail relationship)

I am using the following code:

<apex:repeat value="{!Sales_Order__c.Order_Item__r}" var="line">
           <tr>
               <td>{!line.Name}</td>
               <td>{!line.Unit_of_Measure__c}</td>
               <td>{!line.Qty_Ordered__c}</td>
               <td>{!line.Qty_Shipped__c}</td>
               <td>{!line.Qty_Backordered__c}</td>
               <td>{!line.Unit_Price__c}</td>
               <td>{!line.Total__c}</td>
           </tr>
       </apex:repeat>

but when i try to save it, i get the foolowing error msg. :   Error: Invalid field Order_Item__r for SObject Sales_Order__c

I saw in an other post to make use of extension class but as i am new i do not know where to start and how to write a extension class.

Any help regarding this is much appreciated.

Thanks,

VK

• March 03, 2011

Hello all,

I have a Lead Assignment rule setup and want to use it in the Web2Lead form.

I see that we can hard code any field value using 'hidden' code in the form (example: <input type=hidden name="lead_source" value="Website Catalog Request"> )

I am aware that we can set the Assignment rule header to TRUE by default but this will be set even if a user creates a new Lead manually.

Please let me know if we can use an Assgnment rule in the form itself; that way the rule will be active only for leads coming in from web.

Thanks,

VK

• February 16, 2011

Hi all,

I want to create a rollup summary field which sums up the amount from its child records.

This summing of amounts should take place only if flag is checked on the child record. Otherwise, the rollup field should ignore this amount field on the child records.

Really appreciate any help or idea on how to implement this.

Thanks,

VK86

• June 15, 2010

Hello all,

I need to create two new leads when an Opportunity is closed-won and map over some date from Opp to the new leads.

I am a newbie to Apex programming and any pointers how to do this is really appreciated.

Thanks much,

VK86

• May 14, 2010

Hello All,

I have created a formula field on Lead which evaluates to CreatedBy.EmployeeNumber

I want the field to show record owners' Employee Number but couldnt find a way to do this.

Any help in suggesting how to do this is much appreciated.

Thanks much!

• April 27, 2010

Hello All,

I have a workflow(on Opportunity) which sends out an email with Opportunity details.  

In the email template, I want to merge the 'Opportunity Line Item' but didn't find them.

Is there a way I can get the Opportunity Line items onto the email template? 

Any suggestions please?

Thank you,

VK86 

• February 23, 2010

Hello All!

I have created a work flow rule on the 'Case Comment' object which sends an email alert to 'Case Owner' and 'Case Comment Creator'. Everything is working fine.

Now, I also want the email notification to be sent to 'Case Creator' too but not able to do so. 

Any help how to implement this is much appreciated.

Thank you,

VK86 

• February 17, 2010

Hello all,

I am a newbie SFDC developer and desperately trying to learn Apex and Visualforce programming.

Is there any book for those new to this field?

Any suggestions on where to get this is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

VK86 

• February 02, 2010

Hello All,

Happy New Year!

Please help me with this issue which I am trying to solve since many days.

I am using the Quote2PDF (http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Visualforce_EmailQuote2PDF) This package is awesome.

All I want is to add a custom button "Email Quote" which sends email automatically(with attached PDF quote) to the contact associated.

Sorry, if this question is already posted. I am unable to find a solution to this.

Any help or pointers how to implement this will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

VK 

• January 06, 2010

Hello all,

I am using a custom 'Send an Email' button on Lead page (for partner portal users) which will auto-populate the 'Additional To' and 'CC' fields.

the code i am using behind this button is:

https://org.secure.force.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&template_id=00XC0000001eo51&p5=&retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&p4={!Lead.OwnerEmail}

This was working fine untill recently.

Since last couple of days when portal users are trying to use this button to send an email, the following error is popping up:

Page Not Found: /_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor

I tried to test if the standard 'Send an Email' button is working from the Activity History related list and the same error message pops up.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

VK

• February 16, 2012

I am looking to create a simple Survey App that will enable users to do the following:

• Choose from a simple list of question types
  • Have as many or as fewer questions as they would like
  • Results to be stored and put into a dashboard

I have checked out some of the current apps, but I havent been able to get my head round they have been done!

Many thanks guys!

Andy

Hi Guys

How to run a JavaScript After the 'contact Detail' page Load . Any sample or link to refer would help .

Thanks

Saran

Hi all,

I am trying to delete a Lead record type but when trying to do so the system is throwing an error message that this lead record type is default for the profile name "External Who"

When i click on this profile it is saying i do not have the privileges to view/edit this profile (I am a system admin)

Am i missing something?

Thanks,

VK

• July 08, 2011

Hi,

I am aware that Partner Portal users do not have access to delete records of standard objects.

Wondering if we can have a custom button on Contacts object which will force delete that record on button click?

Thanks,

VK

• July 06, 2011

There are many Ideas and requirements to display image on native contact page, so this is what I have blogged :

http://forceguru.blogspot.com/2011/06/display-picture-in-contact.html

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has an answer to how to do this task.

I find that 70% of email addresses are in the format First.Last@WebAddress
For example in SFDC my name is jeremy gibson
Our web address is held in the Account Website box as http://www.myorg.co.uk/

From this, via a custom button I should be able to generate jeremy.gibson@myorg.co.uk and have it inserted to the Contact eMail field. This I think would save a lot of time and be correct in about 70% of cases.

Has anyone already created a routine for this they would be willing to share.?
I have no idea how to code this capability as a relative newbie user to SFDC.

Best regards
jeremy

Is it possible to remove the "Home" tab? I've searched here in the forums but to no avail. Has anyone done this? 

Hi, Just wanted to know if Salesforce supports any inbuilt survey feature?

Thanks

Is there a way to restrict users from adding tabs to a App in SF?  In otherwords, can you configure a particular app in SF to omit the 'All Tabs' link in order to prevent users from adding additional tabs to a custom app?

Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance!

~ Sean

We have a number of reports used by our Partner Portal users that are built upon a Custom Report Type. These reports have recently started returning 'Insufficient Privileges' messages to the portal users and I've been unable to diagnose the problem. Reports using standard report types on the same objects work correctly. Our instance (na8) has recently been updated to Summer 11 and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems.

Thanks.

Hi All,

We have a workflow rule that autopopulates the Opportunity Name. However when the opportunity record is initially created the field is blank and the user must enter a name in order to save the record as the field is required. 

Is there a way the name field can be populated with “-----Autopopulated-----“ at the time the record is initially created?

Thank you.

--David

Hello,

I want to create a send email button which capture the page from an object - "click 10 point". When an opportuntiy is created, in the opportunity page there is a option for 10 point and when the user clicks it takes some of the field from opportunity into this click 10 point and a different page is displayed with some new fields. Now, I want to capture and send an email for this page using on send button. How to do create that send button?

Please Help

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi,

I created the sample "Mileage Tracker" application from my account. and then created a new user "Bob Smith" with me as manager. Now, when I log in with the "Bob" account, I am not able to view the Mileage tab that I created with my account. I used Force.com IDE also while developing as instructed in the workbook.

Hi,

I want to ask is it possible to change the record type field's label in custom object? I can't edit the record type label in custom object nor in Rename Tabs and Labels.. Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks

I have configured the Partner Portal in my dev environment successfully.

Is there anyway to remove the "Home" tab from the partner portal when a partner user logs in?  I just want to be able to display a few tabs in the partner portal without the user having a Home tab.

I am unable to remove this tab in the Partner User profile, and i can't seem to remove it using the tabs I want to display.

• May 25, 2011

Hello all,

I have a custom object 'Prospect' and want this to be similar to standard Lead object i.e., a convert button which converts prospect record to Account and Contact.

Just an FYI. This is a Force.com enterprise platform where CRM objects (Leads, Campaigns, Opportunities, etc.) are unavailable.

Thanks in advance,

VK

• May 16, 2011