• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

Is there any possibilities to add additional fields in user table(standard object)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

KSR 

• October 26, 2009

A 'Save and Add Product' button is added to the opportunity page layout. What i want to do is..

restrict the user from creating the and saving the opporunity if products are not added to it.

Suppose a user creates an opp and upon clicking, save and add product, the opp gets saved, and user is redirected to the add products page, but if the user then closes the window or clicks on another tab, the opp still gets created in the database, i want to stop the creation of this opportunity if no products are added to it.

please help me,

ur replies will be greatly appreciated. 

~Sumita

Hi,

I am having a small requirement. I have made a button on account detail page, which takes some values from that record, populates those values in the custom vf page(thru merged fields; dynamically), and then using content-type as ppt in <apex: page>, it shows the page output as ppt correctly. but this copy is on the local machine. What i want is that, the complete page that is showing up, should get a 'ppt document' created in documents folder so that it may become a server copy so whover can access it. I hope i have made myself clear. Hope to get help from all of you..

• March 03, 2010
My question relates to aes 256 bit encryption in browser post. I want to integrate an intranet application with salesforce and want the data transfer between them should be aes 256 bit encrypted so that the client gets utmost security. Can anyone give me ideas as to how it can be implemented? the integration b/w them will also be through SSO. i want the data transfer between the salesforce and application shud be browser post with aes 256 bit encryption.
Message Edited by sumita on 02-07-2010 11:24 PM
  • February 08, 2010

Hi,

I need to achieve the following:

There are 4 fields in Opportunity, namely: manager1, manager2, manager3, manager4.

If an opp is created/edited, these 4 fields are populated in such a way that the owner of the opportunity's manager is filled in manager1, manager1's manager(all taken from user table) is filled into manager2, maintaining the hierarchy and so on..and want these fields editable (formula fields cant be used)..

I want to ask that whether this thing can be achieved using salesforce out of the box customisations or a trigger has to be written for that. 

I tried to do this using temporary formula fields and populating the actual fields through a workflow.

but the challenge i faced is that i did it though taking the manager of 'created by', but this wont work in case of data loader. So we hve to use the 'Owner' instead of created by.

I hope some intelligent minds wud definitely provide a solution.

Thanks

~S

• October 26, 2009

Hi,

I need to achieve the following:

There are 4 fields in Opportunity, namely: manager1, manager2, manager3, manager4.

If an opp is created/edited, these 4 fields are populated in such a way that the owner of the opportunity's manager is filled in manager1, manager1's manager(all taken from user table) is filled into manager2, maintaining the hierarchy and so on..and want these fields editable (formula fields cant be used)..

I want to ask that whether this thing can be achieved using salesforce out of the box customisations or a trigger has to be written for that. 

I tried to do this using temporary formula fields and populating the actual fields through a workflow.

but the challenge i faced is that i did it though taking the manager of 'created by', but this wont work in case of data loader. So we hve to use the 'Owner' instead of created by.

I hope some intelligent minds wud definitely provide a solution.

Thanks

~S

• October 26, 2009

Hi,

I am having a small requirement. I have made a button on account detail page, which takes some values from that record, populates those values in the custom vf page(thru merged fields; dynamically), and then using content-type as ppt in <apex: page>, it shows the page output as ppt correctly. but this copy is on the local machine. What i want is that, the complete page that is showing up, should get a 'ppt document' created in documents folder so that it may become a server copy so whover can access it. I hope i have made myself clear. Hope to get help from all of you..

• March 03, 2010

Hi All,

My scenario is thus:

1. I create a Contact.

2. Click New Opportunity button in the related lists sectionof the Contact.

3. Save Opportunity.

4. Opportuntity now shows up on related list of contact.

Now, does anyone know of a way to show the contact details such as Name, Address, etc of the Contact on the Opportunity details page? ( not a look-up )

This is so when we are viewing an Opportunity we dont have to goto the Contact record to see the Contacts details associated with the Opportunity.

I was thinking of a before insert Trigger on the Opportunity but I cant get access to page params this way. (conid)

Thanks for any help.

Message Edited by danlat on 01-21-2010 02:40 AM
  • January 21, 2010

Can I deploy all page layout I created in one custom object I created so that it will be viewable to all user? Or only one page layout that can be set per profile user?

I have problem deploying the page layout so that it will be viewable to all user. Please help..

Our opportunities have statuses. When they are at prospect status, how do I prevent users from creating objects off of this opportunity?

I do not know where to start to develop this. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

• November 24, 2009

Hi everyone,

In my appliction i am using picklist field.My requirement is, in picklist i should not be display "-None-" option and it won't accept null values also.if any one knows this plz tell me the solution.

Thanks in advance,

anu..

Is there any limition for the apex class send email

Thanks very much! 

Hi All,

Is there any possibilities to add additional fields in user table(standard object)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

KSR 

• October 26, 2009

Hi

I have created a visualforce page with contentType="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint".

I want to know how to provide a "slide-break" (not sure if that's the right term to be used) in order to specify the content in different number of slides.

Because right now, irrespective of the size of the visualforce page, the entire page content falls into just a single slide.

I would appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks,

Suri

• June 17, 2009
Hi,

I have a Visual Force page which I am rendering as a pdf. I want to add page breaks to the pdf file because if the page is longer than 1 page it just splits up the page wherever it runs over. Is there any way I can control this?

Thanks
Jina
Could somebody guide me how to setup logouturl  and ssoStartPage for single sign on (SSO). I have implemented SSO for my orgn but want to forward to our internal page, if the user clicks logout or if the session has timed out.
I checked the .NET implementation part, but could not make it workable in Java platform. I am doing in jsp/java platform.

Let me knlow if you need any more details.

Message Edited by DB-Priya on 07-01-2008 10:07 AM
Hi

Anyone know the meaning of the login form fields ?
un => is the login yser name
pw => the password
startUrl ==> ???
LogoutUrl ==> where the logout in Salesforce will redirect (?)
ssoStartPage ==> ???
jse ==> ???
rememberUn ==> ????

Thanks