• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Going through the Developer Tutorial (pdf) and need to locate the Location.csv file to import data for custom object as part of the lesson.  Text reads: "This file is available from the Code Share project for this book and has the name of Location.csv."  I searched under the Code Share and only found a previous posting raising this question a year ago with no solution found.  Thanks for any insight you can provide!
  • March 20, 2010
I was (after much help from the community - thanks!) able to get my first (simple) page up on the Sandbox. It works fine and displays correctly.  In migrating to the Production Server, though, the page is not displaying the boxes for data entry, nor the radio buttons (from a Picklist) for the survey questions.  Again, this is the first page I'm moving over, so please feel free to state the obvious if it seems cogent.  Thanks!
  • March 10, 2010

Hello. I'm creating a VF page and incorporating a PickList Field from a Custom Object.  I've set the Validation Rule to ensure that the field isn't empty but that only works from within Salesforce. 

I need to ensure a value is selected from the PickList when an end user is entering a record through the VisualForce page.

FYI: Text fields that are marked as Required DO spawn the appropriate Error Msg if they are left blank.

Message Edited by kenzo on 02-09-2010 03:57 PM
  • February 09, 2010

Found the below on previous posts, but it's not working. Too newb to know why. Any help greatly appreciated.

AND(ISPICKVAL( Aircraft_Model__c ,""))

I've tried the above [as is and without the "AND" and extra ()] trying to verify that the user selects any item from the picklist for the custom object "Aircraft_Model__c" -- and if they don't make a selection then to refuse the record submission and spawn an Error Msg. 

I have the Validation Rule marked as Active and have an Error Message set in the appropriate field. However, the form still allows the end user to leave the field "blank" (system default) and submit the record.

• February 08, 2010

Hey - Newbie Q:  I found postings from '07 indicating SFDC doesn't support Radio Buttons, but instead allows for PickList functionality only in Custom Objects.

Just want to verify that this is still the case.

I found code for creating Radio Buttons on a page, but I'm assuming there is no way to connect the User's selection to a Custom Field in a Custom Object.  Correct?

Trying to avoid the visual design of many, many drop-down boxes.

Any status updates will be appreciated.  Thanks.

• November 03, 2009

SuperNewbie trying to achieve simple task.  I have a VF page for Public Access (customers to fill out warranty info) with a standardController referencing a Custom Object (the warranty info fields). 

After entering data and clicking:  commandButton action="{!save}"  I want to redirect user to outside URL (e.g. HTML "thank you" page). 

Should I be adding an Extension ( e.g. standardController="Warranty__c" extensions="redirect" ) and if so, I'd love a sample of the correct Apex Class code.

The closest I've gotten is to have the page redirect upon loading.  A bit premature I'm afraid.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help a non-developer develop.  :)

Message Edited by kenzo on 10-30-2009 12:23 PM
Message Edited by kenzo on 10-30-2009 12:25 PM
  • October 30, 2009
Going through the Developer Tutorial (pdf) and need to locate the Location.csv file to import data for custom object as part of the lesson.  Text reads: "This file is available from the Code Share project for this book and has the name of Location.csv."  I searched under the Code Share and only found a previous posting raising this question a year ago with no solution found.  Thanks for any insight you can provide!
  • March 20, 2010
I was (after much help from the community - thanks!) able to get my first (simple) page up on the Sandbox. It works fine and displays correctly.  In migrating to the Production Server, though, the page is not displaying the boxes for data entry, nor the radio buttons (from a Picklist) for the survey questions.  Again, this is the first page I'm moving over, so please feel free to state the obvious if it seems cogent.  Thanks!
  • March 10, 2010

Hello. I'm creating a VF page and incorporating a PickList Field from a Custom Object.  I've set the Validation Rule to ensure that the field isn't empty but that only works from within Salesforce. 

I need to ensure a value is selected from the PickList when an end user is entering a record through the VisualForce page.

FYI: Text fields that are marked as Required DO spawn the appropriate Error Msg if they are left blank.

Message Edited by kenzo on 02-09-2010 03:57 PM
  • February 09, 2010

Found the below on previous posts, but it's not working. Too newb to know why. Any help greatly appreciated.

AND(ISPICKVAL( Aircraft_Model__c ,""))

I've tried the above [as is and without the "AND" and extra ()] trying to verify that the user selects any item from the picklist for the custom object "Aircraft_Model__c" -- and if they don't make a selection then to refuse the record submission and spawn an Error Msg. 

I have the Validation Rule marked as Active and have an Error Message set in the appropriate field. However, the form still allows the end user to leave the field "blank" (system default) and submit the record.

• February 08, 2010

Hey - Newbie Q:  I found postings from '07 indicating SFDC doesn't support Radio Buttons, but instead allows for PickList functionality only in Custom Objects.

Just want to verify that this is still the case.

I found code for creating Radio Buttons on a page, but I'm assuming there is no way to connect the User's selection to a Custom Field in a Custom Object.  Correct?

Trying to avoid the visual design of many, many drop-down boxes.

Any status updates will be appreciated.  Thanks.

• November 03, 2009