• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I know it s possible to have incremental fields. But what i would like is for the automatic field to be determined by another field on the page. For example if they select Department A the project field would be DEPA001, and so forth. But if they were to choose Department B from the field the project number would be DEPB001.

I have tried a few things but i cannot get the project number to increase incrementally based upon the department selection.

E.g If someone creates an opportunity for Department A the Project Number is DEPA001, but if someone then creates an opportunity for Department B it gives DEPB002.

What i would ideally like is for the Project Number number to increase incrementally for each Department, not for all of the opportunites as a whole. If someone could let me know if this is possible to achieve and perhaps point me in a helpful direction that would be great.

Many Thanks,

Matt

I have a custom Quote object and this has a line item related list linked to it with the quote products. I have created a visualforce page displaying a table of the products linked to the quote. On this page i want to be able to edit the values, e.g. price of the product. I have then put a save button on the visualforce page. However when you click save it goes back to the quotes page but the values on the line items havnt been updated.

<apex:page standardController="Quotes__c" > <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock mode="edit"> <apex:pageBlockSection Title="Update Products Pricing & Quantities"> <table border="0" width="100%" id="table4"> <tr> <td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">Product</font></td> <td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">Price</font></td> <td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">Quantity</font></td> </tr> <apex:repeat value="{!Quotes__c.Line_Items__r}" var="line"> <tr> <td><apex:InputField value="{!line.Product__r.Name}"/></td> <td><apex:InputField value="{!line.Unit_Price__c}"/></td> <td><apex:InputField value="{!line.Units_Sold__c}"/></td> </tr> </apex:repeat> </table> </apex:pageBlockSection> <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Update"/> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

This is the code for my visualforce page. 

Can someone let me know why the values are not being saved and updated on the quote page.

Many thanks,

Matt

I have created 4 different record types for a custom object, each record type has it own layout. I then created 4 auto number fields and put one on each layout, each auto number field creates a slightly different formated number. What i am trying to achieve is that each record type has its own autonumber. However, when you create a record for a certain record type it also increases the other autonumber fields for the other record types.

How can i go about this so that it only increases the autonumber for the certain record type?

Matt

Hi, I have built a quoting system using custom objects. However i have discovered that you cannot use advanced currency management and dated exchange rates on custom objects.

Is there a solution for using dated exchange rates on custom objects?

Matt

Hi i am fairly new to visualforce and apex.

What i am trying to create is a system that works similar to that of the standard object for opportunites and products. I am going to work with custom objects, i will have a main object (like opportunities in this case), and then i want to be able to add records from another object in the similar fashion of adding products to opportunties. So on the related list i would be able to click add item, and then check the items i want to add and attach them to the main object.

Im looking for some suggestions on the best way to go around doing this. I was thinking that it would be best to follow a wizard system using visualforce pages?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Matt 

Im designing a visualforce page to display info from a custom quote object.

The basic layout for displaying the items would be something like this:

Product Name          Price          Quantity        Cost         Revenue        Profit

Product 1               10                 3                4                 30             18

Product 2               50                 2                20               100           60

etc...

What i then want to do is Total the Revenue And Profit Columns at the end. Would it best to go around this by creating a visualforce page and then using apex classes to make the calculations.

If anyone knows of a simpler way to create this visualforce page it would be a great help

Matt  

I have a custom Quote object and this has a line item related list linked to it with the quote products. I have created a visualforce page displaying a table of the products linked to the quote. On this page i want to be able to edit the values, e.g. price of the product. I have then put a save button on the visualforce page. However when you click save it goes back to the quotes page but the values on the line items havnt been updated.

<apex:page standardController="Quotes__c" > <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock mode="edit"> <apex:pageBlockSection Title="Update Products Pricing & Quantities"> <table border="0" width="100%" id="table4"> <tr> <td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">Product</font></td> <td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">Price</font></td> <td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">Quantity</font></td> </tr> <apex:repeat value="{!Quotes__c.Line_Items__r}" var="line"> <tr> <td><apex:InputField value="{!line.Product__r.Name}"/></td> <td><apex:InputField value="{!line.Unit_Price__c}"/></td> <td><apex:InputField value="{!line.Units_Sold__c}"/></td> </tr> </apex:repeat> </table> </apex:pageBlockSection> <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Update"/> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

This is the code for my visualforce page. 

Can someone let me know why the values are not being saved and updated on the quote page.

Many thanks,

Matt

Hi i am fairly new to visualforce and apex.

What i am trying to create is a system that works similar to that of the standard object for opportunites and products. I am going to work with custom objects, i will have a main object (like opportunities in this case), and then i want to be able to add records from another object in the similar fashion of adding products to opportunties. So on the related list i would be able to click add item, and then check the items i want to add and attach them to the main object.

Im looking for some suggestions on the best way to go around doing this. I was thinking that it would be best to follow a wizard system using visualforce pages?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Matt