• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I see many different built in function such as TODAY or THIS WEEK, for example; however, I do not see one for YEAR TO DATE!

Does anyone know how I can get a report to dynamically get year to day date only?

I have created a custom field called Booking Quarter (Booking Qtr) and I want to auto populate this field with a specific fiscal quarter.  For example, when my sales team enters Close Date of 6/15/2010, I want the Booking Qtr field to auto-populate with Q2 2010.  Any advice on how to do this?  Our fiscal quarters align with calendar quarters (i.e. CY Q1 = FY Q1).

Thank you.

I need to delete some opportunities with past close dates, is there a way to do this all at once?
  • March 19, 2010

Hi,

I have an issue. I want to mass change the ownership of accounts, ensuring that contacts and opportunities associated with previous owner should change to new owner.

One way to do this is using "Transfer Accounts" tool. but, this would restrict us to 250 accounts only.

Also, when you want to search accounts by ID's using "Transfer Accounts" is not possible.Salesforce does not give the option of Account Id in the available values of picklist for filtering.

I only have Account ID and New Owner Id values in my spreadsheet.

Another way to update on a mass basis is using "Data Loader" and map the owner to new Owner ID.

But, this only changes the Account owner, but does not change owner in Contact and Opportunity that previous owner owned.

Can anybody help me with this.

Thanks in advance!

Sales4ce

Message Edited by sales4ce on 03-18-2010 10:58 AM

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to output the day text part? ie for 1st, it would be 'st', 2nd 'nd', etc. It doesnt seem possible with Java date formatting: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by danlat on 03-18-2010 08:21 AM
  • March 18, 2010

I am inserting records in a custom object name as RAW patient order through data loader and i have written a trigger which picks some values from this object and insert into patient and patient order objects.

We have to do one more additional check here for the patients. Customer mentioned that they will get the orders from the same patient over and over. In that scenario we should not be creating duplicate patients. We have to check for the following patient and see if it exists. If so, skip the creation process and just create patient orders alone by associating with the existing patients.

Unique Identifier for Patient: first name, last name and birth date

Now I am facing the problem that how would i check this condition from the database. if i go for soql query one by one for every inserting record than surly i will face soql execution limits.

Please suggest, if any one have any idea to achieve this functionality

Thanks in advance!!

• March 14, 2010

I have a master detail relationship between two objects. I have to export child object data to csv. while exporting the child object records I should also have some fields from parent object in the csv. Please let me know how can I do this either from Apex data loader or Informatica ondemand.

Thanks in advance.

vrk.

• March 14, 2010

We have 2 salesforce instances A & B. We need to keep track in instance A of all opportunities won in instance B.

For example, if in B, 3 opportunities closed won with the expected revenue of 50000, closed date 12/12/2010.

In A, the custom object x would have this information.

Tell me how to connect with Salesforce B from Salesforce A (within A). in an APEX class, Visualforce controller or a trigger.

Thanks!

I need a way to apply lead assignment rules whenever the lead score goes above 99 and the lead review status is complete.

Here is my trigger code:

trigger ApplyLeadAssignmentRules on Lead (before update, before insert) {

for (Lead l:trigger.new) {

Decimal score =   l.Score__c;
        String review_status =  l.Review_Status__c;

if(score == null) score = 0.0;
        if(review_status == null) review_status = '';

if( (score >= 100) && (review_status.equalsIgnoreCase('Complete'))  ){
            Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
            dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule = true;
            l.setOptions(dmo);
            Database.update(l);   
        }     

}

}

This throws the following exception:

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization:

Source organization:

ApplyLeadAssignmentRules: execution of BeforeUpdate

caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id ; first error: SELF_REFERENCE_FROM_TRIGGER, Object (id = 00QQ0000001Q2av) is currently in trigger ApplyLeadAssignmentRules, therefore it cannot recursively update itself: []

How do I fix this? Any solution?

I need to build a complex report (multi level, custom formatting and printable) in Sales Force.
I guess I'll have to use Visual Force/ APEX. Can anyone provide me any sample code? Any directions?
I know how to create visual force pages and APEX triggers.

I have a matrix report that shows leads created by user by month.

I need to create a dashboard to display the same using vertical chart. How do I do it ?

The chart does not give me an option to select months or assigned rep name. It creates a chart between user and the total number of leads created.

Thanks,

King Kong

I need to create a report on a single object that shows data in multiple columns for Jan, Feb, Mar ... Dec.

Is it doable in Salesforce by any means ? How ?

Thanks,

KK

lead.OwnerID gives the user id and not the user name which I need to save in a custom field.

How do I access user name from owner id in a workflow rule/ field update action.

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

King Kong

Background: 

Assigning a lead to a sales rep, changes the lead owner to sales rep name automatically.

If a sales rep changes the lead status to Unresponsive, the lead goes back into queue and the queue becomes the lead owner.

Issue:

I need to create a report that shows how many leads are assigned to each sales rep in a month (lets say).

My Solution/ Workaround:

To solve this, I created  a custom field Most Recently Assigned Sales Rep in Lead object and then set up a workflow that saves the lead owner in this custom field (this is applied when the lead owner is not a queue). When I run the report, I only see the ID and not the actual name of the sales rep. So, I created another field and created a trigger to get the user name based on the id. This works but I'm not sure if this is the best way...

Any feedback:

We have 2 salesforce instances A & B. We need to keep track in instance A of all opportunities won in instance B.

For example, if in B, 3 opportunities closed won with the expected revenue of 50000, closed date 12/12/2010.

In A, the custom object x would have this information.

Tell me how to connect with Salesforce B from Salesforce A (within A). in an APEX class, Visualforce controller or a trigger.

Thanks!

Hello,

I see many different built in function such as TODAY or THIS WEEK, for example; however, I do not see one for YEAR TO DATE!

Does anyone know how I can get a report to dynamically get year to day date only?

I have a little java button that checks a few items before changing the status via a trigger.  What I'd like to do is keep the checks in place, but at the end submit the item to my approval process.  Problem is, I don't know how to call an approval process via java script.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm not a developer, but am not afraid to put in the effort.

if('{!SVMXI__Parts_Request__c.Status__c}'=='Submitted'){
alert('This Sales Order is already submitted to QAD');
}
else if('{!SVMXI__Parts_Request__c.Status__c}'=='Complete'){
}
else if('{!SVMXI__Parts_Request__c.Status__c}'=='Processing'){
}
else if('{!SVMXI__Parts_Request__c.Total_parts_line__c}' <=0){
alert('There are no line items to submit');
}
else{
document.location.href="/apex/SVMX_PRStatusUpd?id={!SVMXI__Parts_Request__c.Id}";
}

• May 21, 2010

I have created a custom field called Booking Quarter (Booking Qtr) and I want to auto populate this field with a specific fiscal quarter.  For example, when my sales team enters Close Date of 6/15/2010, I want the Booking Qtr field to auto-populate with Q2 2010.  Any advice on how to do this?  Our fiscal quarters align with calendar quarters (i.e. CY Q1 = FY Q1).

Thank you.

Hi.

I see that SF auto update the close date every time I change(not rename) the account of opportunity, why?? Does it normal for SF ?

For example:

I have opportunity with:

won = true

closedate = 01 jan 2010

stagename = close/won

today 21 may 2010 if I change(not rename) account of the opportunity , because I check that is wrong, and I save the opportunity the results will be:

won = true

closedate = 21 may 2010

stagename = close/won

I have no worfkflow or trigger active, that do this change of closedate.

I think it is a bug of salesforce.

Another bug is that in 21 may 2010, if I change account of the opportunity some workflow will be fired again. This workflow that will be fired doesn't have any criteria linked to the change of account!!

I am calling a serach method using enterprise Web Service. I am able to get the resuls correct by using city name in search parameter but not able to do with account id..

Working with city name

find {Jacksonville} returning " +
            "Account(id), Opportunity(AccountId), " +
            "Contact(AccountId, Primary_Contact__c, Title, FirstName, Middle_Initial__c, LastName, Birthdate, Gender__c, OtherStreet, " +
            "Other_Address_Line_2__c, OtherCity, OtherState, OtherPostalCode, County__c, Phone, MobilePhone, " +
            "Email, MailingStreet, MailingCity, MailingState, MailingPostalCode, Marital_Status__c, Spouse_First_Name__c, " +
            "Spouse_Last_Name__c, Spouse_Date_of_Birth__c, Medicare_Eligibility_Indicator__c WHERE Primary_Contact__c = true

But Not working:

find {001S000000C0*} returning " +
            "Account(id), Opportunity(AccountId), " +
            "Contact(AccountId, Primary_Contact__c, Title, FirstName, Middle_Initial__c, LastName, Birthdate, Gender__c, OtherStreet, " +
            "Other_Address_Line_2__c, OtherCity, OtherState, OtherPostalCode, County__c, Phone, MobilePhone, " +
            "Email, MailingStreet, MailingCity, MailingState, MailingPostalCode, Marital_Status__c, Spouse_First_Name__c, " +
            "Spouse_Last_Name__c, Spouse_Date_of_Birth__c, Medicare_Eligibility_Indicator__c WHERE Primary_Contact__c = true

Any help is much appreciated. thank you..

• May 12, 2010

Using enterprise.wsdl

I have a standalone PC based java application, this application would be distributed to many different users PC's

The application sends files to sf accounts as attachements.

Right now, the sf username, password, and token are stored in a database within the application and used to login to saleforce when needed.

I was wondering if there is a better way to gain access without having to provide the password?  I looked at the OAuth documentation, doesn't fit my

need.  The end user of the application doesn't know that they are sending data to saleforce, just that they are sending a file to their financial institution.

Is there a different user type in salesforce that can somehow be tied to only allow access through the api and not the portal, something like that?

Wanted to be sure I haven't missed something.

Thanks

I need to delete some opportunities with past close dates, is there a way to do this all at once?
  • March 19, 2010

Hi,

I extracted CSV file using informatica ondemand , i am getting date with time stamp in one of the column  in CSV in which i want only date without time stamp .How to remove that time stamp. 

• March 19, 2010

Hi,

I have a CSV file, which has Lead information, like Lead Owner, First Name, Last Name, Address Line1,City,State,Country,Postal Code.

I want those Leads to be added to a campaign.I go to that campaign, then use the wizard to import leads.

I follow the steps in the wizard and map corresponding columns and i finish my import.

To My surprise, everything related to lead showed up except "Address Information" for all Leads.

The Address Information means, Address Line 1, City, State,Country,Postal Code.

Did anybody encounter this issue before?

I am looking if anybody can help me with this or am i missing anything?

I used to do the same before, it didn't happen before.But lately, whenever i try to import leads using that wizard, it isn't updating address information.

Thanks in advance for help/idea.

Sales4ce

Hi All,

I'm new to salesforce (both as a user and as a soon-to-be developer) and I was wondering if I could get a little help in trying to design out how to implement customer logins to our corporate site.

We want to have a single user login for everything on our site including:

- Watching Screencasts / Webinars

- Using a trial sandbox of our software

- Support/Case tracking

- Feature suggestion

- Commenting on our corporate blog

- Forums

- etc.

- Anythign else we might want to add in the future

Basically, we want our customers to have a single identity that they use whenever they interact w/ our company, and we want that login to be tied directly to the Contact record in Salesforce, so we can have as complete a picture as possible about their activities w/ us.

I've had a chance to read up on (at a high level) sites and customer portal (self service, and the full), and I'm not sure that our needs can completely be met through these. The only solution that I can think of right now is to manually to all of the authentication, and then use the authenticated info to query Salesorce through the API.

I'm hoping that there's a better way to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Is there a supported way to automate the download of the weekly export files?  (Setup > Data Management > Data Export)  Thanks
  • March 17, 2010

I need a way to apply lead assignment rules whenever the lead score goes above 99 and the lead review status is complete.

Here is my trigger code:

trigger ApplyLeadAssignmentRules on Lead (before update, before insert) {

for (Lead l:trigger.new) {

Decimal score =   l.Score__c;
        String review_status =  l.Review_Status__c;

if(score == null) score = 0.0;
        if(review_status == null) review_status = '';

if( (score >= 100) && (review_status.equalsIgnoreCase('Complete'))  ){
            Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
            dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule = true;
            l.setOptions(dmo);
            Database.update(l);   
        }     

}

}

This throws the following exception:

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization:

Source organization:

ApplyLeadAssignmentRules: execution of BeforeUpdate

caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id ; first error: SELF_REFERENCE_FROM_TRIGGER, Object (id = 00QQ0000001Q2av) is currently in trigger ApplyLeadAssignmentRules, therefore it cannot recursively update itself: []

How do I fix this? Any solution?