• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How you are managing Billing and Metering?
  • September 16, 2008

We are developing an Apex product where we are using a Visualforce email template which uses the child objects in <apex:repeat> tag.

When we are executing the template from the DE where product is developed (na6), email template fails which means there is no content in the Email.

But same template when we execute from other Orgs then it works fine. If you have any idea on the issue please let us know.

Thanks!

• January 18, 2011

We have a workflow which kicks-off based on a checkbox update in a custom object and sends email alert with Visualforce Email Template. Visualforce Email Template must have <apex:image>.

Then We developed an Apex scheduler which can update the checkbox so that the email alert goes every hour. While executing the Apex code it failed at the update of the checkbox with error -
'EXCEPTION_THROWN|[12]|System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0A90000000AsaXEAS; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, java.lang.NullPointerException: Argument Error: Parameter value is null:[]'

We can update that checkbox manually and send that email alert without any problem OR if we remove <apex:image> tag then it works fine.

Any idea on this issue???

• December 23, 2010

I have a custom object which has a checkbox and the checkbox is set true a Workflow fires and Email Alert is sent. It works fine when we update the checkbox directly on the screen.

Now I created a button like 'Send Email' and added javascript to update the object, set that checkbox true. When I press that button, the check box is setting true, but workflow never fires.

I checked Debug log for both the cases, in first case workflow is firing fine but in second case workflow never fires.

Any idea on this problem?

Thanks

Bhaskar Roy

• August 24, 2010

It seems we can't use the 'Action' method in <apex:page>. If any Action method is defined in the controller which takes an Id, then it violates 'Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)' and the custom Action method doesn't support anti-CSRF token.

In suggestions, it's mentioned that to use POST method, but I am not sure how to use POST method in <apex:page> Action.

If you have any idea on this problem, please let us know.

Thanks

Bhaskar Roy

• June 18, 2010

Is there any limits on number of workflows can fire in day? or is it unlimited? Each workflow can have a field update which may call a trigger to fire also. So if 10000 workflows fire at a time, how salesforce handles that? any idea or suggestions?

Thanks

Bhaskar Roy

• May 31, 2010

I am trying to send a pdf attachment which is generated from Visualforce page (like invoice or quote) through scheduled emails.

I can send that pdf attachment using the Email client, but when I am trying to send that automatically using the scheduler, that pdf gets corrupted. Receiver can not open the pdf file.

I am using the regular attachment code. If anyone knows the solution, please post that.

Thanks

Bhaskar

http://www.chikpea.com

• May 03, 2010

Current documents has no example on how to schedule apex jobs every 10 mins. I tried with unix cron job syntax style (like 0,10,20,30,40,50 slots), that doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• February 17, 2010

Contrary to what I was reading in the documentation,  it appears that if you are using an Authenticated Website user license for a Sites portal user, that user does not have access to custom objects if there is a master-detail lookup from the custom object to the Contact object .... even if the Contact is the contact associated with the login. 

Can anyone confirm this for us?  

The online documentation (search "Granting High-Volume Customer Portal Users Access to Objects") states:

Access to Records

High-volume portal users can access records if any of the following conditions are met:
  • They own the record
  • They can access a record's parent, and the organization-wide sharing setting for that record is Controlled by Parent
  • The organization-wide sharing setting for the object is Public Read Only or Public Read/Write
  • The record is the account or contact under which they are enabled (read access only)

However when I configure a custom Auth Website profile, these objects cannot be checked (or enabled).  And my tests in Sites result in errors or missing field values when I access the objects.

High-volume customer portal licenses however appear to have access, but these I think aren't priced as low for SF customers, so we have to assume that most of our customers will be buying the Auth. Website user licenses for Sites implementations.

Thanks,

Ron

We have a workflow which kicks-off based on a checkbox update in a custom object and sends email alert with Visualforce Email Template. Visualforce Email Template must have <apex:image>.

Then We developed an Apex scheduler which can update the checkbox so that the email alert goes every hour. While executing the Apex code it failed at the update of the checkbox with error -
'EXCEPTION_THROWN|[12]|System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0A90000000AsaXEAS; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, java.lang.NullPointerException: Argument Error: Parameter value is null:[]'

We can update that checkbox manually and send that email alert without any problem OR if we remove <apex:image> tag then it works fine.

Any idea on this issue???

• December 23, 2010

I have a custom object which has a checkbox and the checkbox is set true a Workflow fires and Email Alert is sent. It works fine when we update the checkbox directly on the screen.

Now I created a button like 'Send Email' and added javascript to update the object, set that checkbox true. When I press that button, the check box is setting true, but workflow never fires.

I checked Debug log for both the cases, in first case workflow is firing fine but in second case workflow never fires.

Any idea on this problem?

Thanks

Bhaskar Roy

• August 24, 2010

It seems we can't use the 'Action' method in <apex:page>. If any Action method is defined in the controller which takes an Id, then it violates 'Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)' and the custom Action method doesn't support anti-CSRF token.

In suggestions, it's mentioned that to use POST method, but I am not sure how to use POST method in <apex:page> Action.

If you have any idea on this problem, please let us know.

Thanks

Bhaskar Roy

• June 18, 2010

Is there any limits on number of workflows can fire in day? or is it unlimited? Each workflow can have a field update which may call a trigger to fire also. So if 10000 workflows fire at a time, how salesforce handles that? any idea or suggestions?

Thanks

Bhaskar Roy

• May 31, 2010

Hi All,

I work with an ISV Partner who has a developer org where a managed package is updated / upgraded / tested and then uploaded "privately' to the exchange for a set of clients to install.

The orgs that install my package have the standard EE limits applied to them.

Herein lies the issue I have come across, whilst doing some development a new TAB was inadvertently added to the managed package and subsequently uploaded as a 'managed - released' package. It took the custom TABS within the managed package to 26.

This as you can see has caused HUGE implications across the current install base and for new clients. The package is constantly being updated / customised to suit clients needs and updates are continously being pushed however now that it has 26 TABS it will not install on any of the orgs as it reaches the 25 custom tab limit.

I REALLY NEED HELP BRAINSTORMING SOME POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS!!!

As I see it there are a range of possibilities and I look to any sf reps / partner ops / product managers subject matter experts out there to let me know what is feasible.

IDEAL SOLUTION - Since the tab that has been added is not installed on any clients org (it physically cannot be because of the limit on the install orgs, developer org doesn't have a tab limit) - I'm looking for an overall package admin or someone that can reference or edit the package I have created and manually remove the tab from it altogether. It can be deleted from the salesforce developer instance altogether I don't care it's not needed at all! Support tells me it cannot be deleted but someone out there must have access to it!!

Is there a way to 'rollback' to a previous package version that only had 25tabs in it's managed set>? And then be able to delete the 25th tab somehow completely from the developer org?

Other options include:

Going through the LMA process and getting the application security checked so that it's contents do not affect sf org limits. This is obviously primary concern right now however the whole process could take up to 2-3 weeks which is time we don't have! This problem needed to be sorted out YESTERDAY!

Upgrading provisions on future clients and current installbase so that orgs can install apps with more than 25 tabs. (i.e. increase tab limit)

I really need to know if the ideal solution is feasible here as that would be well... Ideal. But I'm interested to see if anyone has any other suggestions.

TIME IS A FACTOR. There are new clients coming on board this week and next not to mention the current install base that is catered for in package updates so this really needs to get sorted out.

As always any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any reads of this post.

Patrick

Current documents has no example on how to schedule apex jobs every 10 mins. I tried with unix cron job syntax style (like 0,10,20,30,40,50 slots), that doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• February 17, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has tried deleting the time based workflow actions in the workflow queue through Apex trigger or Apex methods (e.g. delete the outgoing email alerts scheduled for a future date) ?

I know we can accomplish this through App setup menu (Setup-->Admin Setup--> Monitoring--> Time based workflows--> select records and click delete) but can we do this using Apex code ?

• January 25, 2010

I noticed this entry on the Spring '10 Preview website: http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Spring10/Authenticated+Website+User

Sounds intriguing - I assume this means we can allow public, non-portal site users to create user accounts and authenticate.

I kicked around a Spring 10 pre-release org and see the profile type there, but I cant do much with it.

Anyone have details around this new user type? Also, what's the pricing structure going to be? The portal pricing structure has been the main reason why we haven't been able to move ahead with creating authenticated Force.com sites. Hope this changes things... 

• January 18, 2010

I included some custom tab definitions in a managed-released package. Those tabs are no longer necessary and I want to remove them from future versions of the package.

Could any one enlighten me on how to do this?

I can make this tab hidden from all profiles - but is there a way to clean up the package definition? 

Thanks for your help.  

• October 27, 2009

How many emails can the sendEmail  Apex method send out per day?

I went through the documentation, and here is what is says:

a. "All mass email and single email messages sent with the sendEmail method count against the daily mass mail limit of the sending organization."

b. "You can send mass email to a maximum of 1000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)."

Statement 'b', in my opinion means that you can send emails to maximum 1000 distinct email addresses per day, but it says nothing about the number of actual email messages being sent.

Thanks.

How you are managing Billing and Metering?
  • September 16, 2008
Hi Folks,
I would like to make a copy of an opportunity and all its line-items when someone clicks on a custom button (via an S-Control calling a web-service using Apex)

I figure I will pass the Opportunity ID as a parameter in the webservice call, but now I'm having a problem with the cloning part.

If I initialize an Opportunity object "opp" with an SOQL select statement, and then call "opp.clone(true), am I only cloning the object that I initialized? I want to make a copy of the entire thing.  I'm missing a fundamental concept I think.

here's the Apex routine.

WebService static String duplicateOpp(String arg) {
      String test = '005E0000003Relo';
      Opportunity opp = [ select Id,Name from opportunity where id=:test];

Opportunity newOpp = opp.clone( true);

update newOpp;

return 'Copied ' + newOpp.Name + ' of type ' + newOpp.Type;
    }
I have downloaded a Blackberry Mobile simulator (version: 8130-Verizon) from the Blackberry site and installed it in my machine. I have configured Blackberry MDS simulator to work behind a proxy. It is working fine. I have installed the Salesforce Mobile Application.
But after that whenever I am trying to configure the Salesforce Mobile application, I am getting struck in the screen showing: "Device info has been sent to salesforce.com and is awating registration".
 It is not proceeding any further. Any help?

thanks,
srijan