• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I think I read in the apex developer's guide that it is possible to have up to 10 (or 25?) email addresses in the "to" field of the mail object for a single outgoing email.  All of the examples I have found show just a single address, something like this:

OutMail.setToaddresses('joe.blow@acme.com');

Ideally, I'd like to be able to send an email to anywhere from 3-8 addresses.  I am able to send to 3 addresses, by assigning one email field to the setToaddresses,  one to the setCcaddresses, and one to the setBccaddresses.

Also, it appears to me that only fields created as an email type work.  I've tried to create a text field and put in multiple email addresses (ex 'joe@acme.com', bill@acme.com') and assign this to the setToaddresses mail object, but no dice. 

Right now, I feel like I'm limited to 3 email addresses.  Does anyone know how to combine multiple email addresses (from individual custom fields or one big text field) into the setToaddresses mail object?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to remove blank fields of an MS Word mail merged document and replace them with "n/a".  The salesforce fields in our mail merge template are all numerical, so I do not think  I can use any rules/features of SalesForce - besides, I don't want to put in something like '9999', as this will create false data in our database.  I was thinking of some VBA on the MS Word document side, but once a document has been merged, all field properties are lost...and I'm finding it difficult to move the cursor to specific positions with word.  Anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

I think I read in the apex developer's guide that it is possible to have up to 10 (or 25?) email addresses in the "to" field of the mail object for a single outgoing email.  All of the examples I have found show just a single address, something like this:

OutMail.setToaddresses('joe.blow@acme.com');

Ideally, I'd like to be able to send an email to anywhere from 3-8 addresses.  I am able to send to 3 addresses, by assigning one email field to the setToaddresses,  one to the setCcaddresses, and one to the setBccaddresses.

Also, it appears to me that only fields created as an email type work.  I've tried to create a text field and put in multiple email addresses (ex 'joe@acme.com', bill@acme.com') and assign this to the setToaddresses mail object, but no dice. 

Right now, I feel like I'm limited to 3 email addresses.  Does anyone know how to combine multiple email addresses (from individual custom fields or one big text field) into the setToaddresses mail object?

How do I get mail merge to work with windows 7