• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I'm developing application on force.com platform and I need to do the following:

1) upload image using Visualforce page

2) save uploaded image to the force.com database 

3) retrieve saved image from the database and display it on another Visualforce page 

For step 1 I can use <apex:inputFile ../> component to get an Apex blob object representing uploaded image.

However, for step 2 I don't know how to save this object to force.com database as it doesn't support blob fields.

For step 3 I assume I can use <apex:image .. /> component to display the image.

Could anyone advice if I'm on the right track or what is the right way to do this kind of things on Force.com platform?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis 

Hi All,

I'm developing application on force.com platform and I need to do the following:

1) upload image using Visualforce page

2) save uploaded image to the force.com database 

3) retrieve saved image from the database and display it on another Visualforce page 

For step 1 I can use <apex:inputFile ../> component to get an Apex blob object representing uploaded image.

However, for step 2 I don't know how to save this object to force.com database as it doesn't support blob fields.

For step 3 I assume I can use <apex:image .. /> component to display the image.

Could anyone advice if I'm on the right track or what is the right way to do this kind of things on Force.com platform?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis