• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I'm new to the Visual Process Manager, and although I skimmed through the Firefly Illustrator documentation, I cannot seem to figure out how to do return & display a recordset.

What I want to do is have the user search for an item and be presented with a list of matching items to help them further drill down.  I can, of course, use the Account Lookup feature to display options like this, but it seems to be fairly limited.  First, the Account Lookup object can only display a single column of information - say, the Name of each record.  Second, it can only display a few results.  If the search term finds 30 or 40 results, the remainder aren't provided as selection options.  Ideally, I would like to be able to display a table of results with multiple columns to help our users identify the record they're looking for.  I've tried various approaches, but nothing seems to work right.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

I am using Apex Data Loader 18 to import records into a custom object I created.  My SDL field mapping file has a line that looks like this:

Attorney_Firm_Key=Account\:External_Key__c

My CSV import is structured correctly, the External_Key__c field exists in the Account object, and it is appropriately marked as an external identifier.

I know this general import method can work, as I have successfully imported our company contacts from an external system and linked them to their related accounts with the same "Account\:External_Key__c" value.

My problem is that running the import for my custom object fails with the following message:

"Invalid property name 'Account:External_Key__c'"

When I look at my Enterprise WSDL, the Account object has External_Key__c listed.

Again, I am confused that this would work for importing Contacts but not for importing custom objects.

I was able to temporarily work around this issue by using Import Custom Objects under Data Management in our SFDC org.

I'd like to know what's going on and how to fix it so that I can setup automated nightly imports using the Data Loader.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hi All,

I'm new to the Visual Process Manager, and although I skimmed through the Firefly Illustrator documentation, I cannot seem to figure out how to do return & display a recordset.

What I want to do is have the user search for an item and be presented with a list of matching items to help them further drill down.  I can, of course, use the Account Lookup feature to display options like this, but it seems to be fairly limited.  First, the Account Lookup object can only display a single column of information - say, the Name of each record.  Second, it can only display a few results.  If the search term finds 30 or 40 results, the remainder aren't provided as selection options.  Ideally, I would like to be able to display a table of results with multiple columns to help our users identify the record they're looking for.  I've tried various approaches, but nothing seems to work right.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

I am using Apex Data Loader 18 to import records into a custom object I created.  My SDL field mapping file has a line that looks like this:

Attorney_Firm_Key=Account\:External_Key__c

My CSV import is structured correctly, the External_Key__c field exists in the Account object, and it is appropriately marked as an external identifier.

I know this general import method can work, as I have successfully imported our company contacts from an external system and linked them to their related accounts with the same "Account\:External_Key__c" value.

My problem is that running the import for my custom object fails with the following message:

"Invalid property name 'Account:External_Key__c'"

When I look at my Enterprise WSDL, the Account object has External_Key__c listed.

Again, I am confused that this would work for importing Contacts but not for importing custom objects.

I was able to temporarily work around this issue by using Import Custom Objects under Data Management in our SFDC org.

I'd like to know what's going on and how to fix it so that I can setup automated nightly imports using the Data Loader.  Any help would be appreciated.