• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am building a custom button on the opportunity page which needs to get all the contacts associated with that opportunity. And then I need to get the contact details for this contact. How can I do this? I need to do this using Javascript, as I don't have s-control available on my edition of salesforce.

Appreicate your help.

Thanks!

Sent: 01 March 2010 07:44
To: priyank.garg@advancevalves.com
Subject: Case #03344005: Unable to use ActiveX in a custom button [ ref:00D062.50037rpye:ref ]

Dear Priyank,

Unfortunately code development is not supported by the Technical Support Team.

It is recommended that users visit the Developers forum for assistance in such issues.

http://developer.force.com

Best regards,
David Bellew
salesforce.com

Want to tell us about your support experience?

You may be sent a customer satisfaction survey in a few days, please complete this as we value your feedback.

------ Your Question/Comment ------

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom button which will execute JavaScript. In the Javascript code I am using ActiveX to read/write files on the user's desktop. I am trying this out from IE8. However, the button is giving me an error: "A problem with the OnClick JavaScript for this button or link was encountered: Automation server can't create object".

Can you please help how I can get this to work?

Basically, I am trying to provide the client with a functionality to generate a document from his opportunity.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am building a custom button on the opportunity page which needs to get all the contacts associated with that opportunity. And then I need to get the contact details for this contact. How can I do this? I need to do this using Javascript, as I don't have s-control available on my edition of salesforce.

Appreicate your help.

Thanks!

Sent: 01 March 2010 07:44
To: priyank.garg@advancevalves.com
Subject: Case #03344005: Unable to use ActiveX in a custom button [ ref:00D062.50037rpye:ref ]

Dear Priyank,

Unfortunately code development is not supported by the Technical Support Team.

It is recommended that users visit the Developers forum for assistance in such issues.

http://developer.force.com

Best regards,
David Bellew
salesforce.com

Want to tell us about your support experience?

You may be sent a customer satisfaction survey in a few days, please complete this as we value your feedback.

------ Your Question/Comment ------

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom button which will execute JavaScript. In the Javascript code I am using ActiveX to read/write files on the user's desktop. I am trying this out from IE8. However, the button is giving me an error: "A problem with the OnClick JavaScript for this button or link was encountered: Automation server can't create object".

Can you please help how I can get this to work?

Basically, I am trying to provide the client with a functionality to generate a document from his opportunity.

Thanks!