• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have been trying to download the Force.com IDE on my computer without any success.

The download never gets completed. It keeps disconnecting at various intervals of the download process. 

I am downloading it from the follwoing link

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

I am trying to download the Standalone application for Windows 64 Bit edition. Please provide a different link to download.

Thanks

KD

• March 13, 2012

Hello,

We have added a field "Assign to" on Case (a lookup on user) to let Salesforce.com users the ability to change the owner of a case from the case list. The Case owner is then updated via a trigger (before update on case) that is copying the "Assign to" field value into the Case.owner field.

The trigger works fine and the case owner is updated correctly.

The issue is that when the case owner is updated via that procedure, an automatic email is sent to the new Case owner to warn him that he s now assigned to the case. We do NOT want this email to be sent.

How can we prevent that email to be sent? Is there a piece of code available for that?

Here is the code I'm using currently:

trigger AssignToCaseOwner on Case (before update) {
	Integer i = 0;
	for(Case theCase : System.Trigger.new)
	{
		// only executed if the case owner is not changed as well 
		// and if the case owner is not already the "Assign to" user
		if(theCase.OwnerId == System.Trigger.old.get(i).OwnerId && 
			theCase.Assign_to__c != null && 
			theCase.Assign_to__c != System.Trigger.old.get(i).Assign_to__c && 
			theCase.OwnerId != theCase.Assign_to__c)
		{
			theCase.OwnerId = theCase.Assign_to__c;
			// set DML options to remove the auto email -> NOT WORKING
			Database.DMLOptions dlo = new Database.DMLOptions();
			dlo.EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail = false;
			theCase.setOptions(dlo);
		}

// Make the "Assign to" field empty as we do not need the value 
		// to be stored in the record
		theCase.Assign_to__c = null;

i++;
	}
}

Thanks on beforehand,
Martin HUBERT.

Hi,

I have been trying to download the Force.com IDE on my computer without any success.

The download never gets completed. It keeps disconnecting at various intervals of the download process. 

I am downloading it from the follwoing link

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

I am trying to download the Standalone application for Windows 64 Bit edition. Please provide a different link to download.

Thanks

KD

• March 13, 2012

Hello,

We have added a field "Assign to" on Case (a lookup on user) to let Salesforce.com users the ability to change the owner of a case from the case list. The Case owner is then updated via a trigger (before update on case) that is copying the "Assign to" field value into the Case.owner field.

The trigger works fine and the case owner is updated correctly.

The issue is that when the case owner is updated via that procedure, an automatic email is sent to the new Case owner to warn him that he s now assigned to the case. We do NOT want this email to be sent.

How can we prevent that email to be sent? Is there a piece of code available for that?

Here is the code I'm using currently:

trigger AssignToCaseOwner on Case (before update) {
	Integer i = 0;
	for(Case theCase : System.Trigger.new)
	{
		// only executed if the case owner is not changed as well 
		// and if the case owner is not already the "Assign to" user
		if(theCase.OwnerId == System.Trigger.old.get(i).OwnerId && 
			theCase.Assign_to__c != null && 
			theCase.Assign_to__c != System.Trigger.old.get(i).Assign_to__c && 
			theCase.OwnerId != theCase.Assign_to__c)
		{
			theCase.OwnerId = theCase.Assign_to__c;
			// set DML options to remove the auto email -> NOT WORKING
			Database.DMLOptions dlo = new Database.DMLOptions();
			dlo.EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail = false;
			theCase.setOptions(dlo);
		}

// Make the "Assign to" field empty as we do not need the value 
		// to be stored in the record
		theCase.Assign_to__c = null;

i++;
	}
}

Thanks on beforehand,
Martin HUBERT.

Hi everyone,

My requirement is to integrate a rich text editor in to visualforce page .So I want an editor which has rich features like upload image in to salesforce.But iam not able to do this using Rich text editor .So Please tell me how to integrate any rich text editor in to visualforce page where i can upload images to the rich text editor.

Thanks and regards,

Anu..

I am trying to create a trigger that sends an Email Alert (or just an email though Apex code) to the original Idea poster whenever a comment is left for their idea. In looking through the Apex documentation, I noticed it says you can only define triggers for top-level standard objects, but not for standard child objects. When I try to do something like this:

trigger commentEmail on IdeaComment (after insert) {
// send email code here
}

I get "Error: Compile Error: SObject type does not allow triggers: IdeaComment at line 1 column 25". Can anyone point in the right direction to get around this? 

I'm looking to have a trigger that when a lead is created, from a specific web-to-lead form that it will automatically create an activity.  But I'm not sure how to get started and can't seem to find any documentation on how I would do that.

I know how to create the trigger on the Leads, and have this for the stub.

trigger CreateActivity on Lead (after insert) {

}

Hello,

I've developed an application to implement SSO using SAML assertion. Earlier i used to post the startURL and logoutURL along-with the SAML assertion to the salesforce login page and after validation of the assertion I was redirected to the start page I had posted. Also when I logged out I was redirected to the logout URL I had posted while logging in. But it has stopped working for me now. Now even though I post these URL's I'm still redirected to the salesforce default start page and logout page. This feature is working for SSO using delegated authentication. Can someone please clarify if there has been changes with respect to support for these features for  SAML assertion based SSO.

Thanks
Nishant

Hi there --

I'm setting up a trigger to automatically generate an autoresponse e-mail when a case is opened through our website (which requires a secure login).

I have everything working as I want it, except that I can't seem to access the Case.ThreadID that we use for our e-mail templates from within the trigger. I've searched documentation, but can't find out how to refer to it in SOQL land. We need it for when customers reply to the auto-response - otherwise, a new case is created, which we want to avoid.

Help?

Here's the code:

trigger SendAutoResponse on Case (after insert) {

// Iterate over each sObject
for (Case a : Trigger.new) { }

String CaseId = [Select Id, ParentId, SuppliedName, CaseNumber, UID__c, AID__c, Description FROM Case WHERE Id IN :Trigger.new].Id;
String ContactID = [Select Id, ContactID FROM Case WHERE Id IN :Trigger.new].ContactID;

// Create a new single email message object
// that will send out a single email to the addresses in the To, CC & BCC list.
Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

// Specify the address used when the recipients reply to the email.
mail.setReplyTo('us@ourdomain.com');
// Specify the name used as the display name.
mail.setSenderDisplayName('Our Support');

// Who do I send the e-mail to?
mail.setTargetObjectId(ContactID);

// Specify the text content of the email.
mail.setTemplateId('00X50000000phlB');
mail.setWhatID(CaseID);

// Send the email you have created.
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

// Saves as an acivity.
mail.setSaveAsActivity(true);

}

Many thanks -