• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Any ideas on how to use the Opportunity Stage to drive the Account Record Types?

Need:

When Opportunity Stage = Implementation

Change Account Record Type = Customer

Regular workflow with a field update won't work because of being cross-objects.

Ideas would be greatly appreicated! Thank you!

How do I remove the [change] text link from page layouts for specific profiles, but still allow the record owner to edit the rest of the fields? We want only specific users to be able to reassign Leads, Accounts, etc.

I've turned off all of the Admin & General permissions on the profile. The only way I can remove [change] is to not allow edit rights on the object, which then makes the entire record read only.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

jt

Does anyone have a work around to remove the "Add to Case" button in Outlook when using Connect for Outlook? All training materials indicate that the visibility of the buttons are standard and they cannot be removed/turned off. We want to be able to remove the buttons we don't use to allow for a clean "roll out". Thank you.

Resident_Contact_Name__r.FirstName  Resident_Contact_Name__r.LastName

I have created a field update to a Standard field. It works with EITHER the first OR last name, but I can't include both. It generates the following error.

Error: Syntax error. Found 'Resident_Contact_Name__r.FirstName'

Any ideas?

Thank you.

jt

We are currently asking our agents to capture the Contact Name in the Oppty Name field because our interest is at the Contact level rather than the Account level.

Here's the problem:

When creating a workflow rule to send an internal email based on the installation date, we can only include Oppty fields in the content of the email. Related Contact data will not generate.

Proposed solution from SFDC:

Create a Contact relationship lookup field on the Oppty. However, now our agents would have to enter the same info in two fields. Is it possible to create a workflow rule that would "copy & paste" from the Contact relationship lookup field to the standard Oppty Name field?

Second problem:

Does anyone know how to create cross object formulas so that I can duplicate some of the data from the Contact to the Oppty?

Thank you!

Any ideas on how to use the Opportunity Stage to drive the Account Record Types?

Need:

When Opportunity Stage = Implementation

Change Account Record Type = Customer

Regular workflow with a field update won't work because of being cross-objects.

Ideas would be greatly appreicated! Thank you!

How do I remove the [change] text link from page layouts for specific profiles, but still allow the record owner to edit the rest of the fields? We want only specific users to be able to reassign Leads, Accounts, etc.

I've turned off all of the Admin & General permissions on the profile. The only way I can remove [change] is to not allow edit rights on the object, which then makes the entire record read only.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

jt

Resident_Contact_Name__r.FirstName  Resident_Contact_Name__r.LastName

I have created a field update to a Standard field. It works with EITHER the first OR last name, but I can't include both. It generates the following error.

Error: Syntax error. Found 'Resident_Contact_Name__r.FirstName'

Any ideas?

Thank you.

jt