• Mindtree LTD

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

Can i update a field in SFMC data extension using automation studio? Example: If the Marketing team updates a check box in the data extension then it should update a dropdown field
Hi,

I have a situation here:

Client has MSNavision as their system and it is usually slow, now we would like salesforce to fetch data (Inventory, Spares, Tickets) and push it to salesforce or sometimes push to MSNavision system. We cannot rely on the MSNavision system since it can go down when salesforce needs certain critical information from people on the field.(Note: There is no scope of decomminsiong MS navision)

From an approach perspective i was thinking is there a possibility that i can cache the data from MSNavision in a tool for a 12-24hours and then retrive it to salesforce when required and then during off peak hours discard the data from the cache tool. The cache tool is something outside of salesforce that could be built/brought.

The data size stored locally/outside would be 100-150MB of records and storing on SFDC would not be an option i think.

1) Kindly let me know about any other approach
2) Suggest on tools that can be levraged on the same
3) Any kind of suggestions are welcome except closing down on MS Navision :-)
4) If any idea of timelines and costs as well

Thanks
Santosh

HI,

I have an requirement for informatica, when the record is created i do not want to push that information into sql so i am writing a formula, when created and lastmodified date are same then formula field should display as 00/00.... but this formula is not working as expected it shows the last modified date in the formula field even though created and last modified are the same:
if(LastModifiedDate <> CreatedDate,LastModifiedDate,DATETIMEVALUE("0000-00-00 00:00:00"))

Criterias:

Created and last modified are same  then display 0000-00-00 00:00:00

When created and last modified are not same then display last modified date

Can anyone help me with this.

Hi Guys,

I have done SSO using the federated way using ADFS and this is working fine on the desktop browser, my client has the requirement that if this is done then users should be able to login in to the following apps without using

password: - Touch.salesforce.com - Salesforce Classic - Salesforce for Outlook.

I am presentl trying to do for the Ipad using touch.salesforce.com: Intially when i placed the SSO link in the safari browser it was redirecting me to touch.salesforce.com app, accidentally someone in the team clicked as to log out of this app and now when i place the SSO link it takes me to the normal browser version, can any one help me out with the following questions: 1) Can anyone help me getting the browser version of touch.salesforce.com when i use the SSO login in the safari browser - I reinstalled the App but enven then the browser does not redirect me to the app.

2) When i click on the icon of touch.salesforce.com(app in ipad) it redireccts me to the login screen, why does this happen ? 3) Should i always put the SSO link or enter the password, if this is the case then the whole idea of SSO is lost? Can anyone help me out with this issue, the project is in the critical stage and i am stuck so is sfdc support.

Followed this Link: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000176614&language=en_US No other docs are present in google. Any help is apprecciated.

Thanks

Santosh

Hi Guys,

I have done SSO using the federated way using ADFS and this is working fine on the desktop browser, my client has the requirement that if this is done then users should be able to login in to the following apps without using

password: - Touch.salesforce.com - Salesforce Classic - Salesforce for Outlook.

I am presentl trying to do for the Ipad using touch.salesforce.com: Intially when i placed the SSO link in the safari browser it was redirecting me to touch.salesforce.com app, accidentally someone in the team clicked as to log out of this app and now when i place the SSO link it takes me to the normal browser version, can any one help me out with the following questions: 1) Can anyone help me getting the browser version of touch.salesforce.com when i use the SSO login in the safari browser - I reinstalled the App but enven then the browser does not redirect me to the app.

2) When i click on the icon of touch.salesforce.com(app in ipad) it redireccts me to the login screen, why does this happen ? 3) Should i always put the SSO link or enter the password, if this is the case then the whole idea of SSO is lost? Can anyone help me out with this issue, the project is in the critical stage and i am stuck so is sfdc support.

Followed this Link: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000176614&language=en_US No other docs are present in google. Any help is apprecciated.

Thanks Santosh

Hi,

I am setting up autoforward from gmail to salesforce and i am having the following issues.

Scenario1) When the SFDC user sends an email and the customer replies back the email is bounced from SFDC, i am unable to understnad this?

2) Now there are many emails which come to the mail box for example the customer might write directly to the user in such cases also the emails which are autoforwarded will bounce back how do i resolve this?

3) The users send out templates to leads and contact and when the templates are sent he wants a copy of the email in his mailbox also, so when i set up BCC from SFDC, the email goes and sits in the SFDC users mailbox but again this gets autoforwarded to sFDC and there is another activity record created.

My customer does not have the budget to have any other application and he wants us to acheive this using the standard SFDC functionality, but suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

Santosh

Hi Guys,

My development team has created a calendar using the chatter calendars base functionality, there were many changes done from the original functionality andnow when we are in the end of the project we have discovered that the calendar values are not displaying on IE8,9 and Mozilla firefox V22.

We are using jquery and java scripts on the calendar along with Apex and VF pages, has anyone faced this issue, can anyonne anyone suggest me solution i am in dire straits now..

Help is highly appreciated

Hi Guys,

My development team has created a calendar using the chatter calendars base functionality, there were many changes done from the original functionality andnow when we are in the end of the project we have discovered that the calendar values are not displaying on IE8,9 and Mozilla firefox V22.

We are using jquery and java scripts on the calendar along with Apex and VF pages, has anyone faced this issue, can anyonne anyone suggest me solution i am in dire straits now..

Help is highly appreciated

Hi,

If any one looking out for freelance support/admin/implementation/consultation please contact me i take up free lance projects.

Thanks

santro652@gmail.com

Hi,

If any one looking out for freelance support/admin/implementation/consultation please contact me i take up free lance projects.

Thanks

santro652@gmail.com

Hi Guys,

i wanted to check if we can do parallel approvals:

Example: i send a record for approval for 6 division together:

The approval may go step by step but if any one divison rejects this i want this to go to next step.

Or

the approval can go to all the divisions together and the managers of respective diviosns approve/reject and the rejected ones be sent for approval again.

regards

Hi,

1) I have an question, will roll up fields work in the back end and similarly if i have referenced some fields via rollup in an workflow and if i do not display the same on the page layout will these WF run.

2) Suppose i keep a roll up field on the page layout for the system admin and if i have a different page layout for other users then will the related workflow run for the other profiles/page layouts....

Hi,

I have to customize which i am not able to figure out requirement are as follows:

there are 2 custom objects A and B which are in master detail relationship:

When the record is created in object A the user enters a date in the field and if he does not enter the date it is considered default year 2000.

Every year the user should enter a record in B and this happens every year(Only one record is entered per year and the user knows this), if the user does not enter the record for a particular year then on the master object A, a check box should be checked.

When the user enters the particular record then the check box should get un-checked automatically.

i tried this via workflow but got stuck:

I created a rollup from object B to rollup records to object A(number of records: Count).

I wrote a formula field which gives the number of years on object A (today()-2000 or Today()-year enterd) this results in a number like =0 or 1 or as per the year calculation.

I did a comparison in the workflow saying; when the (no of years passed on object A > Rollup) then check the box on record A, but there is one more criteria which will come up which i have explained below:

User creates the record and enters the year(date) as 2010 on object A and saves the record, eventually when the year 2011(Jan) comes up the formula calculates and shows as '1' and now there is a difference between the two formulas and the workflow rule should trigger but this wont happen as the record should be edited and saved for the WF to trigger, i tried using somes dates and got really vary confused.

can anyone suggest me any idea or give me any trigger, this will be really very helpfull....

trigger PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit on UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c (before insert) 
{
set<String> agid=new set<String>();
set<id> pid=new set<id>();

id ppid;
for(UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c UOP:Trigger.new)
{
ppid=UOP.Process_Unit__c;
agid.add(UOP.Aggregation_Group__c);
pid.add(UOP.Process_Unit__c);
}

Process_unit__c pp=[select id,name,Aggregation_Group__r.id from Process_Unit__c where id=:ppid];
id aagid=pp.Aggregation_Group__r.id;
UOP_Aggregation_Group__c aa=[select id,name from UOP_Aggregation_Group__c where id=:aagid];
id prid=aa.id;
List<Process_Unit__c> pc=new List<PRocess_Unit__c>();
pc=[select id,name from Process_Unit__c where Aggregation_Group__r.id=:prid and id!=:ppid];
System.debug('total PU'+pc.size());

List<UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c> insrtpay=new List<UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c>();
    UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c inpay=new UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c();

for(Process_Unit__c p:pc)
    {

insrtpay.add(new UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c(Payment_History_Event__c='Report',Process_Unit__c=p.id));

}

System.debug('insrtpay'+insrtpay.size());

if (!insrtpay.isEmpty()){
    insert insrtpay;
        }

}

Error Msg:

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit: maximum trigger depth exceeded UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new]: []: Trigger.PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit: line 38, column 1

When i save the record the abover error msg comes up..

Please any one help me out from this issue..

Thank you

Hi,

In my company there was a developer who made a mandatory field read only on a "Standard Page Layout" by writing a script from the 'custom component' section of 'Home Page Component' section and now the same task has been assigned to me and i am trying to replicate the same code by just changing the fieldID's and object ID's but i am not able to do: I have pasted the code which my developer had previously done:

In this code the developer has made a mandatory field read only on a custom object with standard page layout:

<div id="Pi">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; <script> function mytest2()
{var strHref = window.parent.location.href; if(strHref.indexOf('/a3A')>0)
{ var b=document.getElementById('00N80000004eXaP') ; if(b !=null)
{ parent.document.getElementById('Name').disabled = true;}} }
var t=setTimeout("mytest2()",1000); </script> </div>

IN this code the developer has made case status drop down disabled:
<div id="Picklistvaluesid">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; <script> function mytest()
{var strHref = window.parent.location.href; if(strHref.indexOf('/500')>0)
{ var b=document.getElementById('CF00N80000004rYE7') ; if(b !=null)
{ parent.document.getElementById('cas7').disabled = true;}}}
var t=setTimeout("mytest()",1000); </script> </div>

Now i have replicated the same code on another cutom object but it does not seem to work:

div id="Pi">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; <script> function mytest2()
{var strHref = window.parent.location.href; if(strHref.indexOf('/a42')>0)
{ var b=document.getElementById('00NS00000001CiQ') ; if(b !=null)
{ parent.document.getElementById('00NS00000001Ci2').disabled = true;}} }

Please help me.............................

In the ablove code i am trying to make a mandatory standard field read only on a standard page layout..i am not a pro in development but i am forced to do this so everones help is needed and appreciated,...

Hi,

I have created links from standard 'buttons and link' on the accounts object and i have placed in the page layout, now my customer wants few custom link in a different section so i am forced to create a new inline VF page, but i am not able to pull the links which i have created can any one post the code to pull the link into VF page. I do not want to create a URL field and pull the fields instead i want to use the fields created in "Buttons and Link" section

Hi,

We have many roles in the system and this is my customers requirement:

Role-1: Royalty admin

Role-2: Temp Royalty

Role-3: Royalty User

Hierarchy level : Role1,2,3 are in same hierrachy: I.E: Reporting to one particular role

Object: X

The records which are created by Royalty Admin should be visible to 'Temp Royalty' and ' Royalty User' and the users should have only read only access for the records.

On object X there is a check box named 'Duplicate' and the records which are created with the check box=True, these records should be visible only to 'Royalty Admin' users.

I have created 2 public groups where in the first group contains Role-1 and the 2nd Group contains Role-2&3.

I have written a sharing rule where in Group-1 is shared with Group-2 with only read only permission.

But when i create another criteria based sharing rule where in only the records which have duplicate = True to be visible to Group-1. When i do this the records which have duplicate=True is visible to Group-2 also. can anyone check and let me know if i am doing correct or is there any alternative solution for this.

Hi,

We have many roles in the system and this is my customers requirement:

Role-1: Royalty admin

Role-2: Temp Royalty

Role-3: Royalty User

Hierarchy level : Role1,2,3 are in same hierrachy: I.E: Reporting to one particular role

Object: X

The records which are created by Royalty Admin should be visible to 'Temp Royalty' and ' Royalty User' and the users should have only read only access for the records.

On object X there is a check box named 'Duplicate' and the records which are created with the check box=True, these records should be visible only to 'Royalty Admin' users.

I have created 2 public groups where in the first group contains Role-1 and the 2nd Group contains Role-2&3.

I have written a sharing rule where in Group-1 is shared with Group-2 with only read only permission.

But when i create another criteria based sharing rule where in only the records which have duplicate = True to be visible to Group-1. When i do this the records which have duplicate=True is visible to Group-2 also. can anyone check and let me know if i am doing correct or is there any alternative solution for this.

Thanks for help......

Hi,

Can any one suggest me a method how to send email alerts to certain set of email Id's when records are deleted in an object, I tried through workflow but could not do is there any other way. please suggest:

Is this possible by daily reports?

The customer preffers email alerts though.

Help is highly appreciated.

Hi,

I have a custom object named 'Process_Unit__c' :

1) The user clicks on the Process unit tab.

2) Then clicks on the 'New' button and goes to record type selection and selects the record type.

3)  then he goes and creates a new record, when the new record shows up i want to populate a default value named "Please do not type here" in a mandatory field called 'process unit name' and make it read only is this possible?

I did try it but i am not able to override the new button of the object it self any idea of how this  can be done or should i use a apex class and trigger to populate this default value in the field in the edit mode:

I did this URL over ride, but i am able to put this button in the page layout and this is visible in saved mode only, i am not able to override the 'New' button with button i created:

https://cs1.salesforce.com/a3A/e?RecordType={!Process_Unit__c.RecordType}&retURL=%2F{!Process_Unit__c.Id}

Help ias higly appreciated.

Hi,

I have a situation here:

Client has MSNavision as their system and it is usually slow, now we would like salesforce to fetch data (Inventory, Spares, Tickets) and push it to salesforce or sometimes push to MSNavision system. We cannot rely on the MSNavision system since it can go down when salesforce needs certain critical information from people on the field.(Note: There is no scope of decomminsiong MS navision)

From an approach perspective i was thinking is there a possibility that i can cache the data from MSNavision in a tool for a 12-24hours and then retrive it to salesforce when required and then during off peak hours discard the data from the cache tool. The cache tool is something outside of salesforce that could be built/brought.

The data size stored locally/outside would be 100-150MB of records and storing on SFDC would not be an option i think.

1) Kindly let me know about any other approach
2) Suggest on tools that can be levraged on the same
3) Any kind of suggestions are welcome except closing down on MS Navision :-)
4) If any idea of timelines and costs as well

Thanks
Santosh

I am having problems understanding what I am doing wrong.  I have an object with a date field on it.  All I want, is when the date = today, it to send an email.

I set up a workflow rule and for the rule criteria set it to Formula Evaluates to True and my formula is Date__c = Today ().  For my action I have an email sent then. 

The problem is the email is never sent. I have to go and edit the record and change something for it to send.  Anyone know a fix for this??

Hi,

I have to customize which i am not able to figure out requirement are as follows:

there are 2 custom objects A and B which are in master detail relationship:

When the record is created in object A the user enters a date in the field and if he does not enter the date it is considered default year 2000.

Every year the user should enter a record in B and this happens every year(Only one record is entered per year and the user knows this), if the user does not enter the record for a particular year then on the master object A, a check box should be checked.

When the user enters the particular record then the check box should get un-checked automatically.

i tried this via workflow but got stuck:

I created a rollup from object B to rollup records to object A(number of records: Count).

I wrote a formula field which gives the number of years on object A (today()-2000 or Today()-year enterd) this results in a number like =0 or 1 or as per the year calculation.

I did a comparison in the workflow saying; when the (no of years passed on object A > Rollup) then check the box on record A, but there is one more criteria which will come up which i have explained below:

User creates the record and enters the year(date) as 2010 on object A and saves the record, eventually when the year 2011(Jan) comes up the formula calculates and shows as '1' and now there is a difference between the two formulas and the workflow rule should trigger but this wont happen as the record should be edited and saved for the WF to trigger, i tried using somes dates and got really vary confused.

can anyone suggest me any idea or give me any trigger, this will be really very helpfull....

Hey guys, 

I need to migrate data from one force organization to another. 

In the app there are several custom objects with lookups to other objects. 

What's the easiest way to migrate the data. 

Thank you for your help!!

HI,

Can anyone help me out with suggestions on how can i customize the approval history buttons.

I have a requirement where once the record has finished the stages of approval the submit for approval button should be disabled. Also how can i customize the Approve/Reject buttons.

Please Suggest

trigger PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit on UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c (before insert) 
{
set<String> agid=new set<String>();
set<id> pid=new set<id>();

id ppid;
for(UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c UOP:Trigger.new)
{
ppid=UOP.Process_Unit__c;
agid.add(UOP.Aggregation_Group__c);
pid.add(UOP.Process_Unit__c);
}

Process_unit__c pp=[select id,name,Aggregation_Group__r.id from Process_Unit__c where id=:ppid];
id aagid=pp.Aggregation_Group__r.id;
UOP_Aggregation_Group__c aa=[select id,name from UOP_Aggregation_Group__c where id=:aagid];
id prid=aa.id;
List<Process_Unit__c> pc=new List<PRocess_Unit__c>();
pc=[select id,name from Process_Unit__c where Aggregation_Group__r.id=:prid and id!=:ppid];
System.debug('total PU'+pc.size());

List<UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c> insrtpay=new List<UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c>();
    UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c inpay=new UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c();

for(Process_Unit__c p:pc)
    {

insrtpay.add(new UOP_Royalty_Payment_History__c(Payment_History_Event__c='Report',Process_Unit__c=p.id));

}

System.debug('insrtpay'+insrtpay.size());

if (!insrtpay.isEmpty()){
    insert insrtpay;
        }

}

Error Msg:

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit: maximum trigger depth exceeded UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new] UOP_Royalty_Payment_History trigger event BeforeInsert for [new, new, new, new]: []: Trigger.PayHist_insert_Under_Agr_ProcessUnit: line 38, column 1

When i save the record the abover error msg comes up..

Please any one help me out from this issue..

Thank you

Hi,

In my company there was a developer who made a mandatory field read only on a "Standard Page Layout" by writing a script from the 'custom component' section of 'Home Page Component' section and now the same task has been assigned to me and i am trying to replicate the same code by just changing the fieldID's and object ID's but i am not able to do: I have pasted the code which my developer had previously done:

In this code the developer has made a mandatory field read only on a custom object with standard page layout:

<div id="Pi">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; <script> function mytest2()
{var strHref = window.parent.location.href; if(strHref.indexOf('/a3A')>0)
{ var b=document.getElementById('00N80000004eXaP') ; if(b !=null)
{ parent.document.getElementById('Name').disabled = true;}} }

IN this code the developer has made case status drop down disabled:
<div id="Picklistvaluesid">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; <script> function mytest()
{var strHref = window.parent.location.href; if(strHref.indexOf('/500')>0)
{ var b=document.getElementById('CF00N80000004rYE7') ; if(b !=null)
{ parent.document.getElementById('cas7').disabled = true;}}}
var t=setTimeout("mytest()",1000); </script> </div>

Now i have replicated the same code on another cutom object but it does not seem to work:

div id="Pi">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; <script> function mytest2()
{var strHref = window.parent.location.href; if(strHref.indexOf('/a42')>0)
{ var b=document.getElementById('00NS00000001CiQ') ; if(b !=null)
{ parent.document.getElementById('00NS00000001Ci2').disabled = true;}} }

Please help me.............................

In the ablove code i am trying to make a mandatory standard field read only on a standard page layout..i am not a pro in development but i am forced to do this so everones help is needed and appreciated,...

Hi all,

I have created a cutom report type named as Opportunity with product, So I need to display one of the custom field ot type text from the product object. But that field I am not able to see in the custom report type layout and the FIELD LEVEL SECURITY for that field is also visible for the system admin profile. So can anybody help me on this, what could be the the reason that the field is not coming on the custom report type layout .

Thanks,

We have a need to create a new (child) Account when the Opportunity stage is changed to "Closed/Won". At the very least, we want to avoid the rep having to manually create a new Account record by typing core data from the Opportunity. Any thoughts? Thx. Ed

Hi,

I have created links from standard 'buttons and link' on the accounts object and i have placed in the page layout, now my customer wants few custom link in a different section so i am forced to create a new inline VF page, but i am not able to pull the links which i have created can any one post the code to pull the link into VF page. I do not want to create a URL field and pull the fields instead i want to use the fields created in "Buttons and Link" section

Hello. First post so please be gentle.

I have a custom object (Codes) with 2 fields in it, a picklist and a free text field. The picklist has 9 possible values in it. There is a master detail relationship between the Account (Master) and the CustomObject (Detail) and they are shown on the Account view as a related list. In order to add a new one the user simply clicks 'new', selects the type from the list and adds a code in the free text and clicks save. All of this is fine but now I need to add a business rule.

Rule: One Account cannot have more than one code for a selected code type.

I am trying to approach this using a validation rule on the detail object on save. I have been told that is could be possible to use a VLOOKUP or something. I need to check the selected code type against existing detail objects for that master to make sure it hasn't already been allocated a code.

Any help would be fantastic and very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tom.

Hi,

I have a custom object named 'Process_Unit__c' :

1) The user clicks on the Process unit tab.

2) Then clicks on the 'New' button and goes to record type selection and selects the record type.

3)  then he goes and creates a new record, when the new record shows up i want to populate a default value named "Please do not type here" in a mandatory field called 'process unit name' and make it read only is this possible?

I did try it but i am not able to override the new button of the object it self any idea of how this  can be done or should i use a apex class and trigger to populate this default value in the field in the edit mode:

I did this URL over ride, but i am able to put this button in the page layout and this is visible in saved mode only, i am not able to override the 'New' button with button i created:

https://cs1.salesforce.com/a3A/e?RecordType={!Process_Unit__c.RecordType}&retURL=%2F{!Process_Unit__c.Id}

Help ias higly appreciated.

Hi,

We'd like to be able to capture the role of the owner on a custom object when the record is originally created.  (Since the owner role may change over time, even if the OWNER stays the same.)  

I'm looking, and I don't believe that I can do this through a workflow rule -- though I'd rather not have to get into a trigger if it isn't actually necessary.  (But I would believe that it might be.)

Thanks,

Michael

I know that I have some weird request but here it goes.

Is there away to make a field that sets on the Opportunity Page (Services) that also show up on the accounts page?

For instance if I create a new opportunity and I log a service in the opportunity.  I want to also be able to see that the account purchased that service from the accounts tab.

The reason is we have 2 teams once an opportunity is closed won the CS team takes over and mantains the account they need to be able to see at a quick glance the service the accounts are getting. 

They could scroll down to the opps section in the history but there will be so many opps logged against that account that they will have to sort through them all instead of having them at a glance. 

There are 3 objects Accounts --MD--Procss unit--MD--Royalty contact;(Master Detail) I want to pull the account name into royalty contact object in a field so that i can apply lookup filter to another field name contact(Lookup to contact object) so that only account related contacts show up:

I have copied few written triggers and tried to modify this but not able to get through in the last section:Please can anyone check the trigger and let me know the syntax and correct this.. Many Thanks for all of you.. 

trigger acname on Royalty_Contacts__c (before insert, before update) { 

Id[] accIds = new Id[]{}; 

for (Royalty_Contacts__c c : trigger.new)accIds.add(c.Process_Unit__r.Id); 

for(Process_Unit__c acc : [Select Id, Account__c from Process_Unit__c where Id in :accIds]){

c.Account_Name__c=acc.Account__c;

}

Error:variable does not exist:c.Account_Name__c

I am not a developer so i have a feeble idea of what i am doing. I do not know if this trigger will work even after its corrected, so if anyone can explain the syntax of what is written it will bw hepfull:

I know line1 of trigger.

We have a salesforce professional edition which is used by all the management & sales team. We have also developed a Force.com instance for about 50 others users for implementation tracking. Few of our management users want to view the Force.com instance. Can we have the Single sign on set up for this particular requirement. Can anybody help me know how to do this? We have never done a single sign on before .

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am using professional edition, and my customer has the following requirement: When any user does any service call then the user should enter the location from where he travelled From and To and the distance should get auto calculate. Does any one have any idea how I can create the same or any App exchane App. Help is appreciated.

Ex: Location

To: Y

Distance: (The system calculates the distance depending on the location name entered in X and Y)

I wrote a trigger that figures out who the Lead owner should be based on some rules that we have.

When I execute this via web-to-lead, my trigger assigns the appropriate person but in the order of operations after that, Salesforce runs the Lead 'Assignment Rules.'

Since I have no formal 'assignment rules' set up, the system assigns every lead to the default lead owner. This only happens in the web to lead scenario - when I manually create a lead or bulk load them with the dataloader, they get assigned properly.

Is there a way in Apex to tell the system not to run the assignment rules or is there a way around this situation?

Thanks