• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Using the pageBlockSectionItem is there a means to maitain the formatting (introduce the new line within the string - I used several things like \n, br(), <br/> nothing seems working even from controller) of help text. For instance here I have muti line Help text defining the values of picklist. Like

A - Use this for 

B - Use this for

C - Use this for.

How can I maintain this format in the Help Bubble Text of visual force page. The standard help is not suffice here as the help text exceeding 255 characters. 

• September 28, 2010

Using the pageBlockSectionItem is there a means to maitain the formatting of help text. For instance here I have muti line Help text defining the values of picklist. Like

A - Use this for 

B - Use this for

C - Use this for.

How can I maintain this format in the Help Bubble Text of visual force page. The standard help is not suffice here as the help text exceeding 255 characters. 

• September 28, 2010

Hi guys,

I have used the multi picklist on visual force page tab, on initial load of page the multi picklist looks perfect but when the page refreshes the arrow buttons to add/remove values disappear. Following is the sample code. Any thoughts. I have tried using the standardstylesheets="true" and also tried using the custom with no luck

<apex:pageBlockSection showHeader="false" columns="1">
      <apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
         <apex:outputLabel value="{!$ObjectType.opportunity.fields.REAS_Identity_Type_Matter_MP__c.label}" for="TestMPickListField" />
        <apex:inputField id="TestMPickListField" value="{!opp.Services__c}" required="{!department3}" />
      </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>                  
</apex:pageBlockSection>

• July 26, 2010

Hi guys,

I have upgraded visual force page from version 16.0 to 19.0 to leverage the functionality of dependent picklist on visual force pages. The dependency seems to be working nice but this landed me in other issue. The event="onchange" on actionsupport working fine earlier is not firing on upgrade, no code changes made during the upgrade. Can anyone advise me what could be the cause, what other changes to be made. I'm kind-of lost with this one.

• July 26, 2010

There is lots of good information on developer.force.com about SSO and Salesforce as the service provider but I can't find any information on using Salesforce as the identity provider to another service. I would like to be able to use my salesforce user and contact objects as my identity store for an outside application. Can it be done? Do I have to role my own SAML SSO service within Salesforce to get the job done? What kind of license agreement issues would I have to deal with?

Any thoughts?

• August 02, 2010

Hi Friends

I have using 4 custom objects such as contact , lead, Listing, closing . I have been removed  the new button on those custom object search layout page(Buttons displayed) . but these objects list view page has displayed new standard button. How to remove the standard new button from the custom objects list view page.?please post ur suggestion

Thanks

Sundar

Hi all

I have a webserive and I use the controller below  to invoke the service. I also use the list returned by the webservice to render a data table in VF page.

class listControllerExtension
{
public List<mywebservice.myItems> getmyItems() {

mywebservice.MywebserviceServiceImplPort stub =  new mywebservice.MywebserviceServiceImplPort();

myitems=(List<mywebservice.myItems>)stub.giveItems(orderNumber);

return myitems;

}
}

At the moment I am writing testMethod and stuck badly. Can some one give some hints on how to write test cases for a webservice callout? The testMethod I wrote would navigate to the page and do a webservice callout which is

Account acc2 = new Account (itemNumberr= '2342');

insert acc2;
PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/'+123213);

Test.setCurrentPage(pageRef);

ApexPages.StandardController Qcontroller = new ApexPages.StandardController(acc2);
listControllerExtension qe = new listControllerExtension(QController);

qe.acct = acc2;

List<mywebservice.myItems> Dummy= qe.getmyItems();

I see this error in the test log

17:46:27.458|FATAL_ERROR|System.TypeException: Methods defined as TestMethod do not support Web service callouts, test skipped

Thanks in advance 

Ashwin

• March 18, 2010

Has anyone rebuilt a standard tab in Visualforce? I am specifically looking for the Opportunities tab.

I want the tab to stay exactly the same with one small exception - I want to remove the "New" button.

I'm really not even sure where to start and thought if someone had already done this I could leverage their code.

Thanks!

Message Edited by cmarz_1 on 01-21-2010 11:46 AM

I get this exception, intermittently, when performing an async ws callout.  Some days everything is fine.  The endpoint is behind a ton of network security appliances (local dmz).

Does this exception denote a problem with the SF or local environment?  I am thinking local since there is so much hardware to traverse before hitting the true endpoint...but, how can I be sure?  Of course, the local guys are pointing fingers to SF infrastructure;)

Thanks!

Hi All

Is there any solution to implement dependent picklists in visualforce using apex?

I know an alternate solution to hack picklist.js of salesforce and can implement dependent picklist functionality. But I want to confirm again that is there any idea to implement this same functionality using visualforce & apex without hacking javascript? I tried with DescribeSObject to get dependent picklist values, but could not able to get their Field Dependency relationships.

Thanks  :smileyhappy:
  • September 18, 2009

Is it possible to create a dependant picklist in visualforce?  What I mean by that is I have a picklist A and that picklist has options 1,2,3,4.

If a user selects option 1 then another picklist will appear call it Picklist B and it has options:5,6,7,8. 

Each option in Picklist A will have its own Dependent picklist.

I know that chapter 12 of the force.com developer guide pretty much walks through something like this but what I want is slightly different in that the field is not sitting on the page at all times.  The fields I want to use already have a set picklist I just want the dependent picklist field to appear when an option is chosen from the "master" picklist.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Message Edited by MSVRad on 05-28-2009 02:04 PM

Hi all.

We have a PHP web app talking to SF.  We have converted a Lead to an Account, and are then trying to update the account and getting the error when playing in the sandbox:

Sales Force Update object Failed: attempt to violate hierarchy constraints

Unfortunately, there's no documentation on this error anywhere, and it seems like we're the only ones getting it.

Can anyone shed some light on what this means?  The same code works fine when talking to the live SalesForce.

Thanks

Todd

• May 01, 2009
I am getting the following error when I callout a webservice.

Web service callout failed: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope' but found ':html'

I debugged in Execute Anonymous using the test code 

When I do this I get a com.sforce.ws.SoapFaultException.

Can anyone please help.

Hi I am trying to integrate salesforce.com with Oracle Apps using BPEL. I have published my BPEL as a webservice in our test server and had created an apex class which calls this webservice. Later I am invoking this using an S-control button in Accounts tab.

But I am getting the following error when I invoke the button.

{faultcode:’soapenv”Client’, faultstring:’System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element ‘http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope’ but found ‘:html’

Class.wwwTrianzCom.Create_AccountPort.process: line 15, column 13
Class.AccountWrapper.CreateFunction: line 5, column 10

Please help me to figure out the problem.

Thank you, Aneesh
We are creating a form with input fields, and we want the ability to display the hover over help text for every input field. We are currently defining the input field within the <table> tag enveloped in a <pageBlock> but have not been able to display the help text using this method.

However, we also tried using <Page Block Section> to envelope the input fields and were able to display the hover over text, but were limited to using only two columns per section and were unable to define custom labels for the input fields. This forced us to switch to the <table>tag. 
Is there a way for us to display the hover over text while using custom labels and having more than two columns?
I haven't had much luck getting SSO to work with my SAML assertion. Has anyone got this to work? If so, what does your saml response look like?  I signed my assertion and I believe everything is correct, yet the login history gives me "Failed: Assertion Invalid"

Any ideas?

Thank you.
hi experts,

Do anyone know how i can ultilize call back inside below code to return success from my web services: I am getting error Remote server did not return any
content: System.CallbackException

global class APiNorthstar {

WebService static boolean addAccount(string AccA, String name){

comNorthstarApi.NorthstarServiceHttpSoap11Endpoint stub = new
comNorthstarApi.NorthstarServiceHttpSoap11Endpoint();

String createAcc = stub.createAcc(name, AccA);

return true;
}
}

JAVASCRIPT

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js")} 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/10.0/apex.js")} 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/10.0/functions")} 
sforce.debug.trace = true; 
try 
{ 
var con = confirm("Are you sure you want to create Northstar account for this Client?") 
if (con) 
var name = "{!Account.Account_Alias__c}"; 
var AccA = "{!Account.Name}"; 
var action = sforce.apex.execute("APiNorthstar","addAccount", {AccA: AccA, name: name}); 
alert(action); 
} 
catch (ex) 
{ 
alert ("Failed : " + ex); 
}

Message Edited by Losintikfos on 08-04-2008 05:55 AM