• 335 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a package that supports RecordTypes, but we want to install into a professional edition org.

To accomplish this I am attempting to build the code to avoid direct references to the RecordType fields as follows:

Integer countOfRecordTypes = 0;
        // Find if record types are enabled -Ken
        string recordTypeSoql = 'SELECT Id,Name FROM RecordType WHERE sobjecttype = \'Campaign\'';
        for(sObject s : Database.query(recordTypeSoql)) {
        	countOfRecordTypes++;
        }

if(countOfRecordTypes > 0)
        {
            this.isRecordTypeEnabled = true;	
        }
        else
        {
        	this.isRecordTypeEnabled = false;
        }

I use the count of RecordTypes to determine if the property even exists, and I don't directly SOQL Query for RecordType objects.

However, the professional edition install process still fails with an unkown internal error, which I've been told by partner support is a 'RecordType related error.'

Any advice?

P.S. I've also attempted to use .getRecordTypeInfos() --> which also fails.

I have a curious case where I have a Visual Flow embedded in a Visualforce Page. This works fine.

I have a few variables in the Flow which are exposed to the Visualforce Page (For example, contact Name, Phone, and Email) which I want to display during the entire Flow process.This works fine except one problem:

The variables aren't displayed when they are set in the Flow. I have to go to an additional screen by clicking Next or Previous to get the values back in the Visualforce Page when they have already been set in the Flow.

Anyone seen this similar type behavior? It's probably something super simple but I just don't see it at the moment.

Hello -

i have a flow which is working well.  I'm writing the test coverage - and i want to grab the results of the flow and review via system asserts.  However i'm not sure how to pull the results from Process.PluginResult?  I can output it:

System.Debug('    #### pluginResult:'+pluginResult);

And this shows the data that i'm expecting to see:

#### pluginResult:Process.PluginResult:[outputParameters={authStatus=Approved, transactionId=misc}]

But how do i pull that map from the PluginResult?

thanks for your time.

Chris

Hi,

I have a requirement where i have to hide or remove the icons of related list like Contract/Account,Contacts etc.

I have to use <apex:relatedlist> because of some restrictions. But the icons are also appearing which is not required.

I tried below code by reading the html source and tried to hide the relatedListIcon class but it is not working.

Can you please suggest.

<apex:page standardController="Account" standardStylesheets="true"  sidebar="false" showheader="false">

<style>
body
{
font-size:13px;
}
</style>

<style>
.relatedListIcon{display:none;}
</style>

<apex:relatedList list="Contacts"></apex:relatedList>

</apex:page>

Thanks and regards

Srinivasu

I am having problems with Force.com Flow that I am hoping someone may be able to help with.  I am trying to use Insert Data Lookup but when I try to add the component to the Flow it says it please Select a Data Source.  However the Data Source is already defined.  How can I let it know which data source it should be using?

Thanks,

Sean

It requires an input, and it will only return a list of matching records with 1 column, and no option if the records you searched for arent what the user is looking for. Is there some functionality with this that is missing? Documentation - pfft!

Hi All,

I am seeing a substantial difference in the test coverage between the results in Eclipse and the results of Salesforce online UI.

Here is a concrete example. A controller class when running the test for it in Eclipse I get 99% coverage and only 3 lines are not covered.

On the other hand, when I run all test from Salesforce online UI (Setup | App Setup | Classes and using the Run All Test button) I get for the same class only 59% coverage. Moreover, if I click on this class and run the test for that class in Salesforce I still get 59%.

Has anybody seen something like this ?

Regards,

Fernando

I'm used to getting a package not found error for five minutes or so after doing an upload. Today at 1:27pm, I'm still not seeing packages uploaded at 12:32pm. In a year developing on SF, this is the first time seeing such a long delay. Are other people experiencing? Any known issues with the uploader service?

Package Not Found
The requested package does not exist or has been deleted. Please contact the package publisher for assistance. If this is a recently uploaded package, please try again soon. 

thanks

Aiden

Hi,

We have an application that should have the certified apex permission so that a PE user can run apex. But we just had a customer pay and fail on their PE trial org.They get the standard class feature not available error:

Missing featureApex ClassesInstalling this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

Does anyone have ideas of what to try next? We've opened a ticket but nobody has responded yet and they already paid and are waiting. Any ideas?

Thanks!

DSL

• May 17, 2011

This is just a general question.

I have a SF Org where some admins have already built out a bunch of custom objects, fields, etc (Just configuration, no code).

These folks now want to package up the base objects to create a 'Template' for doing custom installs into different orgs. As we all know, this is a common use case.

My problem? Well, they went down the path of creating all this configuraiton out without taking into account the issue of installing a package into an Org with existing Objects and Fields of the same name.

Are there any ways to resolve this issue without going into the configuration and changing every single object/field name to XXX_ObjectName? Just looking to see if there are any creative ways to get around this? I doubt it can be done, but thought I'd just throw this out there before I tell them to spend time renaming all their stuff.

Do managed packages have there own seperate govenor limits?

Background:

We have developed a trigger for lead on insert and shared this code with other orgs (un packaged) . Some orgs are close to the limit on SOQL querries when doing a lead insert and our code is putting them over. Can we make our trigger a managed package and avoid or lessen the liklihood of a  problem?

• January 13, 2011

I am trying to create a page that will open several links in new windows. I've tried several methods which dont work and am now  beginning to think that salesforce does not allow the opening of new pages. For example:

<apex:page standardcontroller="Account" extensions="maininvoice">
 <body>
  <p id="hello">Hello World</p>
  <a href="http://www.google.com" class="name">google</a>
  <a href="http://www.yahoo.com" class="name">yahoo</a>
</body>

<apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jquery, 'js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js')}"/>
<script type="text/javascript">

var j$ = jQuery.noConflict();
j$(function(){
  $('.name').each(function() {
    window.open(this.href);
  });
});

</script>

does not work in salesforce but if I do it outside of salesforce it does: http://jsbin.com/adome/edit

I have a page like this

<apex:page controller="My_Controller">
<apex:form >
<apex:inputField value="{!foo.bar__c }"/>
  <apex:commandButton value="Search" action="{!search} />
</apex:form > </apex:page>

And my controller

public class My_Controller
{
    public Foo__c foo {get; set;}

public My_Controller()
    {
        foo = new foo__c();
    }

public PageReference search()
{
return null;
}

}

I cannot seem to make a lookup field work on the page.  THe page displays ok, the look up field works.  But when I press the command button I get the error

An error occurred when processing your submitted information

• May 10, 2010

Hi,

I have made some changes in existing pages of Salesforce. Like i have added new section in account page and rendered my custom page into that.

Now while deploying in appexchange and making it available for installation what needs to be done? I know that we can package apex classes and custom pages. But how to do it for existing page changes?

Thanks,

Shardul

• November 29, 2012

I am looking for a way to let a customer portal user  trigger a action which assign him to a different profile.

I have tried with, triggers, @future method, time based workflow but these approaches all leads to the

FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, Cannot change profile for current user.

Is it at all possible that a customer portal user activate a profile change for himself? 

• March 26, 2012
I finished one leg of a three part flow (as in the main branch of my flow can go in three difference scenario directions), and I ran it to make sure it was working and I got this error.

An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Donation_Entry/301U00000004D8G exception by user/organization: 00DU0000000KvuU/{4}

interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Private: value not of required type:  ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

caused by element : Data update.Individual_Donation_Entry

caused by: interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Private: value not of required type:  ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

Salesforce Error ID: 769132756-8787 (1051072277)

It occurs right before my record lookup when I run the flow. 

What I'm trying to do is automate my donation entry system. I'm using Nonprofit version of EE. 
1st screen and decision finds out if the contact is an individual, business or church. 
2nd screen collects known information on idividual.
Then I get error right at record lookup. Below are images of flow and first few features. 

Hi,

We have created a managed package, but when we try to add a patch by clicking on "Patch Organizations", we are not able to see the New button. Is there any settings which has to be made for this button to be visible.

Hi developers,

I am using visual workflow for showing lead conversion process based on lead values need to send as a parameter. How can we do this flow? Any help on this issue. 

HI Everybody,

I made a managed package and uploaded to appexhange. Now I made some modifications to the application and upgraded the managed package after including all the modified tasks. Now when I installed the package, I am unable to see some of those changes.

Can any one guess the problem here. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,

Naresh B

We have a package that supports RecordTypes, but we want to install into a professional edition org.

To accomplish this I am attempting to build the code to avoid direct references to the RecordType fields as follows:

Integer countOfRecordTypes = 0;
        // Find if record types are enabled -Ken
        string recordTypeSoql = 'SELECT Id,Name FROM RecordType WHERE sobjecttype = \'Campaign\'';
        for(sObject s : Database.query(recordTypeSoql)) {
        	countOfRecordTypes++;
        }

if(countOfRecordTypes > 0)
        {
            this.isRecordTypeEnabled = true;	
        }
        else
        {
        	this.isRecordTypeEnabled = false;
        }

I use the count of RecordTypes to determine if the property even exists, and I don't directly SOQL Query for RecordType objects.

However, the professional edition install process still fails with an unkown internal error, which I've been told by partner support is a 'RecordType related error.'

Any advice?

P.S. I've also attempted to use .getRecordTypeInfos() --> which also fails.

Hi All,

For single sign on settings in salesforce enable the SAML .In this which type  file i have to browse in the identity provider certificate. and issuer.Any one can u please help me this.

Thanks in advance.

If I wanted to create an app that would be deployed in existing Sales Cloud orgs, how can my app include new fields for existing Sales Cloud objects, such as Opportunities or Accounts?  I went through the ISV workbook, but it only shows how to add entirely new objects and tabs.  If the app needs to add fields to the Opportunity object, how could that be packaged?

Hi everyone,

I'm the salesforce administrator for my company, but I have only basic Javascript skills. I'll give you the details of what I want to accomplish and then how I've gone about it so far-- maybe someone here can either A) tell me an easier way to accomplish what I want, or B) help me finish these last steps. I have Professional edition, by the way, so workflows are not an option for me.

What I want to accomplish: When our tech support team creates a case, it is automatically assigned to the associated Account's owner. WIthin the case, however, I want to be able to assign a step of the process (like a task but more in-depth, regular tasks won't work because you can't assign to a queue) to a Quality Assurance queue. When one of these task records is created, the QA team would receive an email notification that a new record has been assigned to their team, and they can fight amongst themselves about who gets to work on the case, updating the record as they go. 

What I've done so far: I created a custom object called "QA's Tasks" and got the custom object to appear as a related list on the case page, so I can successfully create one of these records from a case page as tech support would. I also created the QA Queue, added members, checked the "Send email to members" box, and selected the custom object "QA's Tasks" in the "Supported Objects" box on the queue page. The queue is sending emails to the correct people when I manually assign a record to it, so it's working.

The problem: When a tech support worker creates one of these Tasks for the QA team, the Task is assigning them as the owner and not the QA Queue. The only way to get the Task assigned to the queue is by manually changing the owner on the record after it's saved. I was thinking of creating a custom button that will save and then change the record owner to the queue at the same time, but I've found you can't put a custom button on an edit page, so maybe I can have the regular Save button programed to also change the record owner. But I have no idea how to do that. I want to take the manual step of having to change the record owner out of our process because I'm positive our tech support workers will forget that vital step, and QA will never be notified. Anything I can do to automate it will be a step in the right direction.

Any ideas or advice for me? Should I just tell the QA manager I'm using regular tasks, assigning all the tasks to her, and she has to be the "queue" ?? I'm not looking forward to that conversation. Help!

I have a curious case where I have a Visual Flow embedded in a Visualforce Page. This works fine.

I have a few variables in the Flow which are exposed to the Visualforce Page (For example, contact Name, Phone, and Email) which I want to display during the entire Flow process.This works fine except one problem:

The variables aren't displayed when they are set in the Flow. I have to go to an additional screen by clicking Next or Previous to get the values back in the Visualforce Page when they have already been set in the Flow.

Anyone seen this similar type behavior? It's probably something super simple but I just don't see it at the moment.

Hello -

i have a flow which is working well.  I'm writing the test coverage - and i want to grab the results of the flow and review via system asserts.  However i'm not sure how to pull the results from Process.PluginResult?  I can output it:

System.Debug('    #### pluginResult:'+pluginResult);

And this shows the data that i'm expecting to see:

#### pluginResult:Process.PluginResult:[outputParameters={authStatus=Approved, transactionId=misc}]

But how do i pull that map from the PluginResult?

thanks for your time.

Chris

I have two things: a visualforce page and an extension class to go w/ it...

In the visualforce page, I have this line to allow user to select a parent case....

<apex:inputField id="ParentId_Prop" value="{!Case.ParentId}" />

The question is how do I access the value that user inputs here, so I can do some validation check.

Any help is appreciated...  Happy New Year!

hello,

i am facing a problem to write a test class of  a apex class.

my test class cover 90% part of apex class.

Apex class 

public class AccountSearchPagination {

public List<Account> accList { get; set; }

public String selectedCity { get; set; }
public String selectedState { get; set; }
public String selectedCountry { get; set; }

public List<SelectOption> cities { get; set; }
public List<SelectOption> states { get; set; }
public List<SelectOption> countries { get; set; }

public ApexPages.Standardsetcontroller setCon;

public AccountSearchPagination(){
cities = new List<SelectOption>();
states = new List<SelectOption>();
countries = new List<SelectOption>();

cities.add(new SelectOption('','-Select City-'));
states.add(new SelectOption('','-Select State-'));
countries.add(new SelectOption('','-Select Country-'));

selectedCity = '';
selectedState = '';
selectedCountry = '';

for(Account a : [Select id,name,BillingCity,BillingState,BillingCountry from Account]){
if(a.BillingCity!=null && a.BillingCity!=''){
cities.add(new SelectOption(a.BillingCity,a.BillingCity));
}
if(a.BillingState!=null && a.BillingState!=''){
states.add(new SelectOption(a.BillingState,a.BillingState));
}
if(a.BillingCountry!=null && a.BillingCountry!='' ){
countries.add(new SelectOption(a.BillingCountry,a.BillingCountry));
}
system.debug('This is provided in for loop of aaccount'+accList);
}
system.debug('This is provided in constructor'+accList);

setCon = new Apexpages.Standardsetcontroller(Database.getQueryLocator(generateQuery()));
setCon.setPageSize(0);
}

public String generateQuery(){
String query = 'select id,name from Account';
String whereClause = '';

if(selectedCity!=null && selectedCity!=''){
whereClause =' BillingCity =\''+selectedCity+'\'';
}
if(selectedState!=null && selectedState!=''){
if(whereClause!=''){
whereClause +=' and ';
}
whereClause +=' BillingState =\'' + selectedState + '\'';
}
if(selectedCountry!=null && selectedCountry!=''){
if(whereClause!=''){
whereClause +=' and ';
}
whereClause +=' BillingCountry =\''+ selectedCountry +'\'';
}
if(whereClause!=''){
query +=' Where '+whereClause;
}
return query;
}

public List<Account> getSearchAccountDetails(){
return (List<Account>) setCon.getRecords();
}

public PageReference search() {
setCon = new Apexpages.Standardsetcontroller(Database.getQueryLocator(generateQuery()));
setCon.setPageSize(10);
return null;
}

public Pagereference next(){
setCon.next();
return null;
}
public Pagereference last(){
setCon.last();
return null;
}
public Pagereference previous(){
setCon.previous();
return null;
}

public Boolean hasNext{
get{return setCon.getHasNext();}
set;
}

public Boolean hasPrevious{
get{return setCon.getHasPrevious();}
set;
}

public Integer pageNumber{
get{return setCon.getPageNumber();}
set {setCon.setPageNumber(1);}
}

}

now how to test code in red colour.

Hi,

I have a requirement where i have to hide or remove the icons of related list like Contract/Account,Contacts etc.

I have to use <apex:relatedlist> because of some restrictions. But the icons are also appearing which is not required.

I tried below code by reading the html source and tried to hide the relatedListIcon class but it is not working.

Can you please suggest.

<apex:page standardController="Account" standardStylesheets="true"  sidebar="false" showheader="false">

<style>
body
{
font-size:13px;
}
</style>

<style>
.relatedListIcon{display:none;}
</style>

<apex:relatedList list="Contacts"></apex:relatedList>

Thanks and regards

Srinivasu

I have an unmanaged packaged defined in my development org.  I create a project in Eclipse that references this package.  When I refresh this project from the server, none of the definitions of the field sets are downloaded.

We have a development process that includes checking all components in a project into SVN.  This is used to share code and eventually it drives the creation of the managed package.

I see multiple references to having field sets in a managed package but I cannot find any clues as to how I can retrieve the meta data to keep it in a source control system.

Is this something that Salesforce does not yet support or is there something I have to do to enable it.  The package on the server includes the field sets so perhaps it is the Eclipse IDE that has a problem. I am currently on version 23.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• December 28, 2011

Yesterday I successfully saved a new version of my flow off of the active flow and invested a few hours in improved fault handling.  I received a couple errors and lost a little bit of work, but made sure to save regularly and was able to make progress.  I was able to access, modify and save the version yesterday.  However, when I tried to access the version today, I received the following error:

An unknown error occurred. Please contact your salesforce.com support representative and reference ID number 1981269962-78426 (-1995936683).

I have received this error before, but typically have only lost a minimal amount of work.  

I am unable to open the new version.  I have opened a case, but under standard support I don't expect a response for 48 hours.  My question is whether or not the new version of my flow can be repaired or recovered.  Will I be able to access it with support's help, or do I need to re-create my work?  It is important that I understand the best course of action so I can meet my schedule requirements.