• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am dealing with a large org that has all reports stored in folders. I am trying to find a way via ANT to retrieve a list of these folder names, so I can retrieve all the reports within them. Or is there a more direct way to retrieve all reports, within folders? 

Thanks! 

This is an integration topic, but I had no better place to put it. 

When using Cast Iron, it appears a Custom Objects standard owner field cannot be populated using the external id on User. After some investigation, we found that custom objects have a lookup field that can either be a reference to a User or Queue - Lookup(User,Queue). 

Does anybody know of a way to either convert this to a regular lookup - Lookup (User) or solve this some other way. 

Thanks. 

We're trying to redirect a user that goes to the unsecured version ie,  http://abc.force.com/ to the secured version. https://abc.secure.force.com/

We tried URL redirects but that requires relative URLs that start with a '/'.

There is no authentication or login so we can't do much with login settings but under organization security settings the Require secure connections (HTTPS) is checked.

Are there any other possible solutions?

Thanks !!!!

I have button for an opportunity on which I have the following javascript for an onclick event. Can I not use cross-refrence look-ups in javascript like can in validation rules.

if( {!Opportunity.Account.Name} == 'xxx' ) {
 alert('This account cannot be created !');

}

Error: Field Opportunity.Account.Name does not exist. Check spelling.

My original intent was to use a custom object like so ...

if( {!Opportunity.Contract__r.status__c} == 'xxx' ) {
 alert('This  contract name cannot be created !');

}

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks !

I know that we can call the click() event of a button from Javascript like below ...but I can't access the click event of an inputText element.

Thanks for the help!!!!

var btnCopy = document.getElementById("{!$Component.btnCopy}");
btnCopy.click(

<apex:inputText onClick="a();" /> 
<apex:inputText id="zz" onClick="alert('hi');"/> 
       <script>
       function a() {
        document.getElementById("{!$Component.zz}").click();
       }
       </script> 

Is there a native VF way to wrap a Input text around a selectList. I should be able to select an option and then the value is set to an input text which I could edit. Natively SelectList is not editable.This doesn't work but it would look something like this ...

Thanks !!!!!!!!

<apex:inputText value="{!ContractName}" styleClass="inputText"   >                  
             <apex:selectList size="1" readonly="false" >
                            <apex:selectOptions value="{!contractNames}"/>
              </apex:selectList>  
   </apex:inputText>

So I can't figure it out why member name shows up as memeber name name ( image, first column). If i get rid of the word 'name' it doesn't add anything, as in the extra 'name'. this happens only with IE 7 and using both output label and output text.

Any Ideas ? work-arounds ?

<apex:outputPanel style="width:100%;" >

<apex:outputPanel styleClass="outputPanel" style="width: 25%;" >
                        <apex:outputLabel styleClass="outputLabel"> Member Name </apex:outputLabel>                        <apex:inputText value="{!Params.memberName}" style="width: 75%"/>
                    </apex:outputPanel>

I have a dynamically generated soql statement. At the end of the statement I add 'AND Contract_Member__c ... 'and I get this error... System.QueryException: unexpected token: '{'  

String corpMemberQuery = 'SELECT ID, Corporate_Contract__r.Name, Contract_Member__c FROM Corp_Contract_Member__c WHERE Is_Active__c = true';

Database.query(corpMemberQuery+
                    ' AND Contract_Member__c IN ('+memMap.keySet()+')' ))

Any ideas on

1. If i can use keyset() in an 'IN' clause, keySet() returns a set??

2. Can I cast a Set to a List ??

I tried my best searching for something like this. Sorry if this is a respost.

I've got this inline visualforce page embedded in my Opportunity Page. Does anyone know how to get rid of the border that's produced when using this code below. The pageblock adds the a border that the title would typically sit inside. I want to be able to use the pageblock tag without having any borders. Can I get rid of those yellow borders ? Thanks in adv

<apex:page standardController="opportunity" extensions="OppSearchExt" >

<apex:form>
        <apex:pageBlock mode="edit"  >

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form >

</page>

I am getting this error when this method is run.Specifically the remove(). I tried deepcloning a copy, and removing that. Doesn't work. Any solutions ???

System.FinalException: Collection is read-only

private void createExcludeList(){

Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> fieldmap1 = Schema.SObjectType.Account.fields.getMap();

List<String> fieldExcludeList = new List<String> {
                'LastModifiedDate', 'LastActivityDate', 'SystemModstamp'};

for(integer i=0; i<(fieldmap1.size()-fieldExcludeList.size()); i++)
                fieldmap1.remove(fieldExcludeList[i]);      //LINE THAT IS CAUSING THE ERROR

}

Forgive me if this is documented somewhere, I tried looking before writing this.

We a small ambitious team trying to become SF ISV partners building an app for the appexchange. Our application is going to be an RIA using JQuery. We think we can get by with apex for the backend. We haven't signed up for the partner program yet but we have a couple of 'burning' question on our minds.

1. For an ISV does it matter if the application is built using VF vs Ajax toolkit, with reagrads to the api limits. I know VF incorporates stateful programming, does this reduce the calls the sever.

2. Would the JQuery library be set-up as a 'static resource' and then bundled with the managed package we distribute.

3. To qualify as a native and aloha app do we have to use a certain type (VF / AJAX Toolkit)

We are hoping that by getting these questions answered now it will cut down on our development time.

Thanks

Hi all!

I'm trying to get a field to auto update based upon the formula below:

text(Campus__c)&" "&StartDate&" "& Type "

It's supposed to update to '(School Location) - 10-23-2012 - Open House'

However, the formula isn't working.

Thanks for any help!

This is an integration topic, but I had no better place to put it. 

When using Cast Iron, it appears a Custom Objects standard owner field cannot be populated using the external id on User. After some investigation, we found that custom objects have a lookup field that can either be a reference to a User or Queue - Lookup(User,Queue). 

Does anybody know of a way to either convert this to a regular lookup - Lookup (User) or solve this some other way. 

Thanks. 

Imagine enabling the power of the Page Layout Editor for your own custom-coded Visualforce pages.

Field Sets combined with the new Dynamic Binding in Visualforce allow you, the developer, to create Visualforce pages such that the fields that are displayed (and the order in which they are displayed!) are modifiable by non-technical adminsitrators via out-of-the-box point-and-click tools.

Field Sets are currently in open Beta -- which means that everyone can use them today!  You will find them on standard objects as well as custom objects!

A Field Set is a collection of fields that can be iterated over in an <apex:repeat> tag.  As a developer, you will have control over which fields are initially present in the Field Set as well as which fields the administrators can put in the Field Set after installing the package. 

Here is a link to a blog post with some sample code for using a field set: http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2011/02/using-field-sets-in-spring-11.html

Field Sets in the Metadata API: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_fieldset.htm

Field Sets in the Spring '11 release preview webinar: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Spring_11_release_webinar_archive

About Field Sets (Need to be logged in): https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fields_about_field_sets.htm&language=en

Creating and Editing Field Sets (Need to be logged in): https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fields_editing_field_sets.htm&language=en

If you have any questions about use cases, code, or anything else.  Please feel free to post here and I'd be happy to help!

-Ryan

I have button for an opportunity on which I have the following javascript for an onclick event. Can I not use cross-refrence look-ups in javascript like can in validation rules.

if( {!Opportunity.Account.Name} == 'xxx' ) {
 alert('This account cannot be created !');

}

Error: Field Opportunity.Account.Name does not exist. Check spelling.

My original intent was to use a custom object like so ...

if( {!Opportunity.Contract__r.status__c} == 'xxx' ) {
 alert('This  contract name cannot be created !');

}

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks !

I know that we can call the click() event of a button from Javascript like below ...but I can't access the click event of an inputText element.

Thanks for the help!!!!

var btnCopy = document.getElementById("{!$Component.btnCopy}");
btnCopy.click(

<apex:inputText onClick="a();" /> 
<apex:inputText id="zz" onClick="alert('hi');"/> 
       <script>
       function a() {
        document.getElementById("{!$Component.zz}").click();
       }
       </script> 

Is there a native VF way to wrap a Input text around a selectList. I should be able to select an option and then the value is set to an input text which I could edit. Natively SelectList is not editable.This doesn't work but it would look something like this ...

Thanks !!!!!!!!

<apex:inputText value="{!ContractName}" styleClass="inputText"   >                  
             <apex:selectList size="1" readonly="false" >
                            <apex:selectOptions value="{!contractNames}"/>
              </apex:selectList>  
   </apex:inputText>

So I can't figure it out why member name shows up as memeber name name ( image, first column). If i get rid of the word 'name' it doesn't add anything, as in the extra 'name'. this happens only with IE 7 and using both output label and output text.

Any Ideas ? work-arounds ?

<apex:outputPanel style="width:100%;" >

<apex:outputPanel styleClass="outputPanel" style="width: 25%;" >
                        <apex:outputLabel styleClass="outputLabel"> Member Name </apex:outputLabel>                        <apex:inputText value="{!Params.memberName}" style="width: 75%"/>
                    </apex:outputPanel>

I have a dynamically generated soql statement. At the end of the statement I add 'AND Contract_Member__c ... 'and I get this error... System.QueryException: unexpected token: '{'  

String corpMemberQuery = 'SELECT ID, Corporate_Contract__r.Name, Contract_Member__c FROM Corp_Contract_Member__c WHERE Is_Active__c = true';

Database.query(corpMemberQuery+
                    ' AND Contract_Member__c IN ('+memMap.keySet()+')' ))

Any ideas on

1. If i can use keyset() in an 'IN' clause, keySet() returns a set??

2. Can I cast a Set to a List ??

I tried my best searching for something like this. Sorry if this is a respost.

I've got this inline visualforce page embedded in my Opportunity Page. Does anyone know how to get rid of the border that's produced when using this code below. The pageblock adds the a border that the title would typically sit inside. I want to be able to use the pageblock tag without having any borders. Can I get rid of those yellow borders ? Thanks in adv

<apex:page standardController="opportunity" extensions="OppSearchExt" >

<apex:form>
        <apex:pageBlock mode="edit"  >

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form >

</page>

I am getting this error when this method is run.Specifically the remove(). I tried deepcloning a copy, and removing that. Doesn't work. Any solutions ???

System.FinalException: Collection is read-only

private void createExcludeList(){

Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> fieldmap1 = Schema.SObjectType.Account.fields.getMap();

List<String> fieldExcludeList = new List<String> {
                'LastModifiedDate', 'LastActivityDate', 'SystemModstamp'};

for(integer i=0; i<(fieldmap1.size()-fieldExcludeList.size()); i++)
                fieldmap1.remove(fieldExcludeList[i]);      //LINE THAT IS CAUSING THE ERROR

}

Forgive me if this is documented somewhere, I tried looking before writing this.

We a small ambitious team trying to become SF ISV partners building an app for the appexchange. Our application is going to be an RIA using JQuery. We think we can get by with apex for the backend. We haven't signed up for the partner program yet but we have a couple of 'burning' question on our minds.

1. For an ISV does it matter if the application is built using VF vs Ajax toolkit, with reagrads to the api limits. I know VF incorporates stateful programming, does this reduce the calls the sever.

2. Would the JQuery library be set-up as a 'static resource' and then bundled with the managed package we distribute.

3. To qualify as a native and aloha app do we have to use a certain type (VF / AJAX Toolkit)

We are hoping that by getting these questions answered now it will cut down on our development time.

Thanks