• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created a dashboard and it is visible to all users on the Home tab within the DE. I have added the Home tab to my customer portal. However, when I login to customer portal and go to Home tab, the dashboard is not visible. Is there any setup that I have missed?

I have created a Site home page that allows visitors to create Tickets. Ticket has a lookup relationship with Location object. So I have put an inputField which renders as a lookup. For Location, I have enabled enhanced lookup and set lookup filters fields state, city and zip. When trying to create ticket from within my DE I can see the lookup filters after performing a search. However, from site public page, I can only see the search results and sort links, the filter fields and Apply Filters button dont show up.

Can the lookup filter fields be made available when doing lookup from site public page?

I have enabled customer portal and created a Customer Portal Manager user with Portal Super User and delegated admin access. So this user can login to customer portal, add contacts and enable contacts for Customer Portal. It works fine if I enable a contact and use Customer Portal Manager license.

However, if I select High Volume Customer Portal as the license choose a profile and try to Save, I get the following error:

Guest Users cannot have a user role

The problem is, the role dropdown does not allow me to select no role.

Note that this is happening only when trying to enable customer portal user from the Customer Portal logged in as portal super user. When I try the same within my salesforce org, the Role dropdown is disabled when I select High Volume Customer Portal.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I want to allow users to create records of a custom object from Site's public home page. I have created the page and can view the form correctly. I have used the standard controller for MyObject on the page. The form has two lookup fields which are two other custom objects (MyLookup1 and MyLookup2). When I click on the lookup icon, the authentication required page shows up instead of showing list of looked up object.

On site public access settings, I have given Read/Create access for MyObject and Read/View All permission for the objects MyLookup1and MyLookup2. All of these are custom objects created by me. How can I make sure that lookup popup will not ask for authentication?

I have enabled customer portal in my development org. For this portal I have assigned two profiles, one with Customer Portal Manager license and the other with High Volume Customer Portal license.

When I click the Enable Customer Portal User button for a contact, the User License field is read only and is set to Customer Portal Manager. So I am not able to enable the contact as portal user and use the other profile (which uses High Volume Customer Portal license). How do I make sure I can select any of the two profiles when enabling a contact as portal user?

I have enabled customer portal for my development org. I cloned Authenticated Website User and High Volume Customer Portal user profiles. When I try to add read/create permissions for my custom objects to the new profiles, I do not see the section on the profile edit page at all? How do I grant custom object read/create access to customer portal users?

I have an object with many fields that should be editable when a NEW record is being created. However, only 2 of these fields should be editable for an existing record. Other fields should not be editable for existing record. I thought I could use field-level security settings. But using that, the fields are not editable even at Create-time. How can I make a field to be editable at create-time (new record) but non-editable at edit-time (existing record).

I have created a Site home page that allows visitors to create Tickets. Ticket has a lookup relationship with Location object. So I have put an inputField which renders as a lookup. For Location, I have enabled enhanced lookup and set lookup filters fields state, city and zip. When trying to create ticket from within my DE I can see the lookup filters after performing a search. However, from site public page, I can only see the search results and sort links, the filter fields and Apply Filters button dont show up.

Can the lookup filter fields be made available when doing lookup from site public page?

I have enabled customer portal and created a Customer Portal Manager user with Portal Super User and delegated admin access. So this user can login to customer portal, add contacts and enable contacts for Customer Portal. It works fine if I enable a contact and use Customer Portal Manager license.

However, if I select High Volume Customer Portal as the license choose a profile and try to Save, I get the following error:

Guest Users cannot have a user role

The problem is, the role dropdown does not allow me to select no role.

Note that this is happening only when trying to enable customer portal user from the Customer Portal logged in as portal super user. When I try the same within my salesforce org, the Role dropdown is disabled when I select High Volume Customer Portal.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I want to allow users to create records of a custom object from Site's public home page. I have created the page and can view the form correctly. I have used the standard controller for MyObject on the page. The form has two lookup fields which are two other custom objects (MyLookup1 and MyLookup2). When I click on the lookup icon, the authentication required page shows up instead of showing list of looked up object.

On site public access settings, I have given Read/Create access for MyObject and Read/View All permission for the objects MyLookup1and MyLookup2. All of these are custom objects created by me. How can I make sure that lookup popup will not ask for authentication?

I have enabled customer portal for my development org. I cloned Authenticated Website User and High Volume Customer Portal user profiles. When I try to add read/create permissions for my custom objects to the new profiles, I do not see the section on the profile edit page at all? How do I grant custom object read/create access to customer portal users?

I have an object with many fields that should be editable when a NEW record is being created. However, only 2 of these fields should be editable for an existing record. Other fields should not be editable for existing record. I thought I could use field-level security settings. But using that, the fields are not editable even at Create-time. How can I make a field to be editable at create-time (new record) but non-editable at edit-time (existing record).