• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

If you are a wizard with Ruby and Salesforce.com/Force.com development then you have found the right place.  Application Experts, LLC (App-X) is seeking a developer to join our team and help work on our web-based products for Alternative Asset Fund Managers, Institutional Investors, and Impact Investors.

Our ideal candidate:

• Has 3 or more years of web development experience

• Has experience with one or more of Salesforce.com/Force.com,   Ruby, Javascript, and HTML/CSS

• Has experience with automated testing or test-driven development and agile development processes

Requirements you MUST have:

• A commitment to producing quality software and clean code

• Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills

• A great attitude

• The ability to work as a dynamic team player

• You are highly self-motivated

• You love to explore new technologies and solve problems

App-X offers:

• The opportunity to work with an awesome and motivated team who are committed to the team’s and the company’s success

• Full-time salary commensurate with experience

• Comprehensive benefits package including such things like a day off just to celebrate YOU in the month of your Birthday!

• Option to work remotely if you live in another state besides CO

• Lots of great things at our Broomfield office like yoga 2X a week, our infamous Crock Pot Wednesdays and a free flowing and dog roaming environment

https://www.smartrecruiters.com/ApplicationExpertsLLC/72013130-ruby-and-salesforce-com-developer-wiz

• April 29, 2013

I'm using OAuth and the REST API from a Rails app, and would like to query the User record for the currently logged in user. I don't see anything in the documentation about this, does anyone know if it's possible to either get info on the currently logged in user?

I am interested in working with Salesforce data from a Rails 3 app. I've done some experiments with asf-rest-adapter but it doesn't seem like I can use models with it, which i would like to do. Does anyone know if force.com toolkit for ruby works with rails 3? Did I misunderstand asf-rest-adapter? Is there some other solution that anyone recommends?

I'm working on a project involving a callout to a service that returns a JSON result. Using JSONObject from code share I can parse the response as long as it's very small, but I am getting a Too Many Script Statements error on a lot of the responses. Making the response smaller from the other service isn't an option.

Anyone have any suggestions of ways I can handle parsing a larger JSON response?

Hi, I'm trying out field sets and I'm having a little trouble. I added a field set to an object in a managed package, used the field set in a visualforce page, then installed the package in a test org. The page works great and includes the fields that I expected. I can remove fields from the page at will.

If I then add a new custom field to the managed object in the test org, and then add that field to the field set, the page no longer works. I get an "Insufficient Privileges" error. I've checked the FLS for the new field, added it to the "Standard Fields" field set (whatever that is), added it to the layout, and used an admin login with view all, and I still get the insufficient privileges.

Is there something else that needs to happen for a customer-added field to be added to a field set that is used in visualforce from a managed package? Am I holding it wrong?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

• February 23, 2011

I have a visualforce page with an inputfield for a date. The date picker has been working fine for the last year or so. I did have to add another date inputfield with display:none to get it to work correctly with rerendering.

For some reason the picker has stopped working in the last day or so. When you click into the date field, the picker appears for a split second in the wrong part of the screen, then goes away.

This happens on every browser, both Windows and Mac. Anyone have any idea what, if anything, might have changed?

I have a Site built using Authenticated Website Users and Customer Portal for login. It lets users sign in via the portal login, and then they are directed to a Sites page. The portal users have read access to a custom object, but I'm determining which records they can see in the controller for the Sites page based on custom object relationships.

This works great, except for two problems:

1. If the user knows a record ID for the custom object, they can add it to the URL and see the record via the portal. This lets them get around the rules were using in the controller for which records they can see.

2. If the user happens to type 'home/home.jsp' after the sites URL they end up in the portal. They can't see anything there, but it still sloppy and it would be easy to accidentally let them see something there.

The best solution would be if we could simply turn off the portal itself and just use it for authentication, but it doesn't seem like there's a way to do this right now. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with this or any experience with this problem that lead to any good work arounds?

Hi,

since the upgrade to spring'12 many of my tests fail if I run them from theApex Test Execution page. But if I run them from the Apex Classes page (run all tests) they all pass fine!

It looks like the way the system processes simultanious tests in teh Test Execution Page has been changed. In the failing scripts I first delete all instances of a custom object and then insert a new instance, to be sure only that instance is in the database while testing. The error message I get since this week in many of my testclasses is:

System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id a03A0000001ItxxIAC; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: []

Any tricks/ explanation or comment from salesforce?

thanks.

I'm using OAuth and the REST API from a Rails app, and would like to query the User record for the currently logged in user. I don't see anything in the documentation about this, does anyone know if it's possible to either get info on the currently logged in user?

I'm working on a project involving a callout to a service that returns a JSON result. Using JSONObject from code share I can parse the response as long as it's very small, but I am getting a Too Many Script Statements error on a lot of the responses. Making the response smaller from the other service isn't an option.

Anyone have any suggestions of ways I can handle parsing a larger JSON response?

Hi, I'm trying out field sets and I'm having a little trouble. I added a field set to an object in a managed package, used the field set in a visualforce page, then installed the package in a test org. The page works great and includes the fields that I expected. I can remove fields from the page at will.

If I then add a new custom field to the managed object in the test org, and then add that field to the field set, the page no longer works. I get an "Insufficient Privileges" error. I've checked the FLS for the new field, added it to the "Standard Fields" field set (whatever that is), added it to the layout, and used an admin login with view all, and I still get the insufficient privileges.

Is there something else that needs to happen for a customer-added field to be added to a field set that is used in visualforce from a managed package? Am I holding it wrong?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

• February 23, 2011

Hi,

After hearing about Git at Dreamforce, I looked into it and it looks great.

However, with the Eclipse IDE, everytime a dev checks out a different branch, the entire snapshot would need to be reloaded to the Cloud.   This sounds time consuming  What's the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
DaveS

• December 17, 2010

I have a visualforce page with an inputfield for a date. The date picker has been working fine for the last year or so. I did have to add another date inputfield with display:none to get it to work correctly with rerendering.

For some reason the picker has stopped working in the last day or so. When you click into the date field, the picker appears for a split second in the wrong part of the screen, then goes away.

This happens on every browser, both Windows and Mac. Anyone have any idea what, if anything, might have changed?

I have a Site built using Authenticated Website Users and Customer Portal for login. It lets users sign in via the portal login, and then they are directed to a Sites page. The portal users have read access to a custom object, but I'm determining which records they can see in the controller for the Sites page based on custom object relationships.

This works great, except for two problems:

1. If the user knows a record ID for the custom object, they can add it to the URL and see the record via the portal. This lets them get around the rules were using in the controller for which records they can see.

2. If the user happens to type 'home/home.jsp' after the sites URL they end up in the portal. They can't see anything there, but it still sloppy and it would be easy to accidentally let them see something there.

The best solution would be if we could simply turn off the portal itself and just use it for authentication, but it doesn't seem like there's a way to do this right now. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with this or any experience with this problem that lead to any good work arounds?