• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, I am developing an application in which I would like to integrate Chatter as an enhancement-- i.e., Chatter would enhance this application's experience, but it isn't required for the main features of this application. Ideally, when an organization does not have Chatter enabled, I would like this application to degrade gracefully and simply not display any of its Chatter features.

I've integrated Chatter into this application using Apex components and classes (from Chatter Combo Pack as a starting point), and it works great when Chatter is enabled. If I disable Chatter in my developer organization, then I receive SalesForce errors which make the application completely unusable. For instance: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: chatterFeed: line 275, column 19: sObject type 'UserFeed' is not supported. Sometimes I get SalesForce.com internal errors instead.

If Chatter is disabled, then I also have issues editing and saving classes which have Chatter-related features with errors such as: Save error: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: chatterfeeditem: line 3, column 13: Invalid type: FeedPost

So my question is, what is the best way to detect if Chatter is enabled for an organization and if it's enabled for an object in that organization? Do I need to describe sObject for every type of Chatter-related object which is used (EntitySubscription, UserFeed, FeedPost, etc.)? Or is there some preferred way to do what I'm describing?

• June 25, 2010

Can the Administrator delete users' chatter posts that are deemed inappropriate or not business related?

Todd B.

Hello, I am developing an application in which I would like to integrate Chatter as an enhancement-- i.e., Chatter would enhance this application's experience, but it isn't required for the main features of this application. Ideally, when an organization does not have Chatter enabled, I would like this application to degrade gracefully and simply not display any of its Chatter features.

I've integrated Chatter into this application using Apex components and classes (from Chatter Combo Pack as a starting point), and it works great when Chatter is enabled. If I disable Chatter in my developer organization, then I receive SalesForce errors which make the application completely unusable. For instance: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: chatterFeed: line 275, column 19: sObject type 'UserFeed' is not supported. Sometimes I get SalesForce.com internal errors instead.

If Chatter is disabled, then I also have issues editing and saving classes which have Chatter-related features with errors such as: Save error: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: chatterfeeditem: line 3, column 13: Invalid type: FeedPost

So my question is, what is the best way to detect if Chatter is enabled for an organization and if it's enabled for an object in that organization? Do I need to describe sObject for every type of Chatter-related object which is used (EntitySubscription, UserFeed, FeedPost, etc.)? Or is there some preferred way to do what I'm describing?

• June 25, 2010

I included some custom tab definitions in a managed-released package. Those tabs are no longer necessary and I want to remove them from future versions of the package.

Could any one enlighten me on how to do this?

I can make this tab hidden from all profiles - but is there a way to clean up the package definition? 

Thanks for your help.  

• October 27, 2009