• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have recently started working with a new org that has considerable existing complex configuration... I am seeing field names in the system that are appended with __pc ... Does anyone know what this denotes? Obviously I understand the __c is a custom field but __pc? Puzzled??

Thanks

Hi all,

I have created a picklist with 5 sports (named "Sports"), I would like to use the sport I selected in the picklist to then be the start of a unique account code.

For example:

If I added an account for a cricket club I would want the club code to be CC/0001

For a hockey club I would want HH/0001

(where the 4 numbers are automatically assigned buy ascending order dependent on when the account was added)

Does that make sense? Not sure if I have explained it very well!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi, I am new to Force.com, and try the tutorials.

I have created a custom object "Merchandise" by Setup|Create|Objects".

And I go to detail of custom object "Merchandise" page, following the instruction in tutorial

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook/Content/apex_1.htm

try to create a trigger. But I can not found the "New" button in the "Triggers" section.

Anyone knows the reason?

I am using a "Force.com, Free" profile.

Thanks in advance.

I need to create a formula that determines if an opportunity is forcasted or not.  An opportunity would be considered forecasted if the close date is this month AND the probability is 70% or greater OR the close date is next month or the month after AND the probability is 50% or greater.  One of these days I'll get better at writing formulas (and I really am trying!) but until then any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Here's what I've got so far but I'm still getting the dreaded syntax errors:  

IF(
OR(
AND(CloseDate =MONTH(Today()),  Probability >=70)
AND(
OR(CloseDate= (Month(Today())+1), (CloseDate=(Month(Today())+2)),
Probability>=50))
"Forecast", null)))

IF(

OR(

AND(CloseDate =MONTH(Today()),  Probability >=70)

AND(

OR(CloseDate= (Month(Today())+1), (CloseDate=(Month(Today())+2)),

Probability>=50))

"Forecast", null)))

Hello,

I'm having trouble writing a validation rule within the Opportunity object.

Fields Involved:

Amount

Restricted_c (checkbox)

Donor_Report_c (checkbox)

Special_Donor_Report_c (checkbox)

If Amount > 499, then Donor_Report_c = TRUE

except if Restricted_c=TRUE

then

Donor_Report_c=FALSE and Special_Donor_Report_c=TRUE

I've written this 100 different ways with no luck.  Could anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,

Liza M

HI,

I need to be able to select pick list values and create an object with these pick list value via th e API in my flex component.

For example:

var myObj:SObject("MyCustomObj__c");

myObj.MyPickList__c = {Option1, Option2, Option6};

apex.create(myObj);

Any ideas as to in what format I need to pass my pick list value to the pick list field in my SObject.

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks.

Is it possible to make a Date/Time field go back to 2008, as currently it only seems to go back to 1st January 2009 at the earliest?

I could not find an option to set the time frame when creating a new field, is there a setting somewhere in the Setup that defines the time frame for date fields?

Thanks in advance.

I am a VERY new user and i need a formula that when the opportunity is saved, it will calculate the total price of items with a specific word in the product code or description. Can anyone help with that?
  • June 22, 2010

Hi,

I have recently started working with a new org that has considerable existing complex configuration... I am seeing field names in the system that are appended with __pc ... Does anyone know what this denotes? Obviously I understand the __c is a custom field but __pc? Puzzled??

Thanks

Hi All,

How to use a field in validation from other object that does not have relation in between.

The StageName and Renewal are from 'Opportunity' and Details_Required_for_Renewals__c is from the object 'Product'.

There is no relationship in between the Opportunity and Product objects(means no lookup or masterdetail field is created)

I wrote the formula as given:

AND(
           Renewal__c="", 
           OR(  ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Signed contract received"),
                    ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Won")),
           $ObjectType.Product__c.Fields.Details_Required_for_Renewals__c, "FALSE"
 )

when i'm clicking check for syntax i'm getting the following error

" Incorrect parameter for function AND(). Expected Boolean, received Object "

any help to overcome this error will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

• September 22, 2010

Hi all,

I have created a picklist with 5 sports (named "Sports"), I would like to use the sport I selected in the picklist to then be the start of a unique account code.

For example:

If I added an account for a cricket club I would want the club code to be CC/0001

For a hockey club I would want HH/0001

(where the 4 numbers are automatically assigned buy ascending order dependent on when the account was added)

Does that make sense? Not sure if I have explained it very well!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated

I'm new here! And bought the "small business thing" and is only one user. I use the system to track all my private contacts, because Outlook was not enough.

I have the following questions:

1. Can you change the "stay in touch e-mail” so you can not see it’s “Salesforce”, the name seems a little unfortunate when one uses the system, because it makes people think you want to sell them something. I am within HR and here selling a less fortunate word.

2. How can I automatically ensure that all the mail I send ends up in the system (Iøm using a Mac), I think it seems “a little half” that I have to sit and type it manually in, or use this extra program "Mail Drop” (Mac) ?

3. Is there a specific reason to not support Mac as they do with PC? And if not, when will their so no new software to attribute this?

4. As a new user, it is just as though it seems “a little amateur like” compared to, for example High Rice here you can to book appointments at the same time you place the info in the system, when you sent it to one of the 5 different, is this here the same? Or will that be better if I pay more, better solusion?

5. I have only the small business thing. Can some tell me if it’s getting better if I pay more? (What I have today is not what I was hoping to get at all).

6. I also have an exchange account, can I get Salesforce automatic work together (synchronise with exchange?)

My dream is really just to update all information online and then download a file I can use in my outlook, and save all the movements I make from my email, but I think “all the time” there is something that can not, then there is a Salesforce logo on nearly everything, or its very difficult to get a report out and like that? Hm… Help me before I just dump this system ;-/

Hi all.

I need help.

After than I uploaded manage package, customer want to change some data(field type - from number to pick list, text to text area  etc.)

What to do.Please help me.

Josef

Hi there,

Currently struggling with a problem relating to new caess being created.

When new cases come through the API I want to take a certain piece of information within that case, actually a URL and pass it through Bitly to shorten it.

I found this code on the forum and I have added in the field that I want on there which I want it to shorten - the question is. How do I invoke this class - do I need to set it as a trigger on the Case?

I have tried doing that but it doesn't like the code below due to the "static" elements in there. 

Effectively what I am asking is, I have the code (which when tested in the class page does not return errors) it's just how do I get it to do it's stuff?

Thanks in advance

/*
Class to connect to bit.ly API to shorten a long URL
*/
global class bitly {
    private static final String APIKEY = 'R_b56894694361ab39ab856f69893b3911';
    private static final String LOGIN = 'mujowax';

global static String shorten(String url) {
        Http h = new Http();
        HttpRequest request = new HttpRequest();
        request.setEndPoint('http://api.bit.ly/shorten?version=2.0.1&format=xml&login='+LOGIN+'&apiKey='+APIKEY+'&longUrl='+'Geohash__c');
        request.setMethod('GET');

try {
            HttpResponse response = h.send(request);

if (response.getStatusCode() == 200) {
                XMLStreamReader reader = response.getXmlStreamReader();
                String shortUrl = parseResponse(reader);
                return shortUrl;
            }
        } catch (System.CalloutException e) {
            System.debug('\n**** bit.ly CalloutException: '+e);
        }

// if the callout was unsuccessful for any reason
        return null;
    }

private static String parseResponse(XmlStreamReader reader) {
        String shortUrl;
        while (reader.hasNext()) {
            if (reader.getEventType() == XmlTag.START_ELEMENT && reader.getLocalName() == 'shortUrl') {
                reader.next();
                shortUrl = reader.getText();
                break;
            }

if (reader.getEventType() == XmlTag.START_ELEMENT && reader.getLocalName() == 'errorMessage') {
                reader.next();
                if (reader.getEventType() != XmlTag.END_ELEMENT) {
                    String errorMessage = reader.getText();
                    System.debug('\n* Error message from bit.ly: '+errorMessage);
                    return null;
                }
            }
            reader.next();
        }

return shortUrl;
    }

private static testMethod void testBitly0() {
        bitly.shorten('http://www.salesforce.com/');
    }

private static testMethod void testBitly1() {
        String responseXml = '<bitly><errorCode>0</errorCode><errorMessage></errorMessage><results><nodeKeyVal><userHash>15pXjJ</userHash><shortKeywordUrl></shortKeywordUrl><hash>M2FqH</hash><nodeKey><![CDATA[http://www.salesforce.com]]></nodeKey><shortUrl>http://bit.ly/15pXjJ</shortUrl></nodeKeyVal></results><statusCode>OK</statusCode></bitly>';
        XmlStreamReader reader = new XmlStreamReader(responseXml);
        Test.startTest();
        System.assertNotEquals(null, shortUrl);
    }

private static testMethod void testBitly2() {
        String responseXml = '<bitly><errorCode>203</errorCode><errorMessage>You must be authenticated to access shorten</errorMessage><statusCode>ERROR</statusCode></bitly>';
        XmlStreamReader reader = new XmlStreamReader(responseXml);
        Test.startTest();
        System.assertEquals(null, shortUrl);
    }
}

Hi - I have a Mac computer & I need to use Data Loader. What is the best way to do this?

I have an application that's been installed by one of my clients.  This application includes a Controller Extension that is defined as a global class.

I'd like the client to be able to create Visualforce Pages that use that custom Controller Extension.  Currently when they attempt to do this they get the following error:

Error: Apex class 'LeadControllerExtension' does not exist

When attempting to create the following basic page:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" extensions="LeadControllerExtension" >
  <!-- Begin Default Content REMOVE THIS -->
  <h1>Congratulations</h1>
  This is your new Page
  <!-- End Default Content REMOVE THIS -->
</apex:page>

Any ideas?

Hi, I am new to Force.com, and try the tutorials.

I have created a custom object "Merchandise" by Setup|Create|Objects".

And I go to detail of custom object "Merchandise" page, following the instruction in tutorial

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook/Content/apex_1.htm

try to create a trigger. But I can not found the "New" button in the "Triggers" section.

Anyone knows the reason?

I am using a "Force.com, Free" profile.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

list<navpa__Fundraising__c> firstclosing=[select navpa__Fund_Manager__c,navpa__Investment_Likely_Amount_USD_mn__c ,Probability__c,sum(navpa__Investment_Likely_Amount_USD_mn__c) total,Probability_Weighted__c,navpa__Closing__c from navpa__Fundraising__c where (navpa__Institution_Name__c=:uidd and navpa__Closing__c='1st Closing') Group By  navpa__Closing__c];

Error message:Field must be grouped or aggregated: navpa__Fund_Manager__c at line,if i remove the sum function& group by clause it brinhgs record, as i use aggregate function it shows error plz specify.

• July 02, 2010

Hi All, I am in need of help from u guys, regarding Downloading work space content from Sales force into the user's machine. I need this with the help of a DOWNLOAD button(custom button) click. I should get a pdf downloaded into my machine if i click on that download button. Please guide me through this, providing work around. Thanks in advance. - Krishna.

Hi,

Is there any direct way to fetch the Contact/Lead Address of the task by using the query??

Thanks,

Hi,

I want to delete the record returned from the following query, how do I delete it ?

//To remove property from the database
    function removePropertyFromDB(propertyId, PreviewListId){
           var unWantedPropSql = sforce.connection.query("Select Importance__c, MLSProperty__r.Name, Preview_List__c  From Preview_List_Property__c p where MLSProperty__r.Name = '" + propertyId + "' and Preview_List__r.id = '" + PreviewListId + "'");
        }

//the above query returns 5 rows of record, how do I delete these rows ? pls help me out !

Thanks,

Suresh

Hi this is the fomula i have for Canada taxes, it works fine but the taxes have changed today and I have to add a second exception for BillingStates= "BC" with 0.12 for taxes and I don't know how to do it

IF (OR ( BillingState = "NB", BillingState = "NS" , BillingState= "PEI", BillingState = "NL", BillingState = "ON") ,Sous_total__c *0.13 ,Sous_total__c *0.05)

Help

Thanks

How do i enable access to apex classes, i do see pages, but could not see classes in the list.

On a standard SFDC page, user lookup fields have a drop down to the left of the input field where you can select "Standard User", "Partner User", etc (for examples, click the "Change Owner" link for any record). The drop down corresponds to the User.UserType field.

I have a VisualForce page where I have a user lookup <apex:inputField />. Of course, the UserType picklist isn't displayed for me, and when I search for a user, it's restricted to only Standard users. I need to be able to search and choose a Customer Portal user.

UPDATE

I just noticed that one of the URL parameters in the Lookup popup when I open it from my visualforce page is "lktp=StandardUserLookup". If I change the UserType picklist on the standard page to "Customer Portal", the parameter is "lktp=CustomerSuccessLookup". "CustomerSuccess" is the internal value for Customer Portal user types.

How can we change that parameter??