• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all ,

Salesforce require a test a/c to test the app, we want to publish. They said it should not be the primary org , where we have developed our app. We can create a test org using  http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/events/regular/registration.php link. 

Should we move the code and Data  from original org to test org or how we can build the test org  for security review team ?

many thanks

manjeet

Hi All ,

How do We get production org to use as APO for our app listing on Appexchange? We have developed the app using Partner Develor Edition and have managed package in DE org. Now I want a different org for publishing and license management  purpose.

thanks in advance...........

Manjeet

Hi all,

I want to initiate security revirew process for our product ,but when i click on change partnership to provide my partnerLogin info or my colleague partner info(balwant.singh@partnerforce.com)  because it is required to initiate security review , i got the error message given below .

Please correct the following error(s):

• This partnership has already been linked to another AppExchange provider profile (Manjeet Test). A partnership can be linked to at most one provider profile at a time.

I found that my partner login info(manjeet.rulhania@partnerforce.com) is attached with some other a/c(manjeet@arxaa.com / Manjeet Test ) on appexchange which I create for learning purpose and i have attached my partner login info to this but not my colleague login info .

Now we want to publish from a diffterent a/c (other than manjeet@arxaa.com) .

please help me on this issue .how i can de attach partnerforce login from manjeet@arxaa.com a/c

please leave a comment for help............

Hi All,

Is it right to just cover the code of  apex class or We will be forced to do proper testing during security review ?

what i do to make a class deployable to production env , i just call its methods from a testmethod method and the work is done (code coverage reach about 90-95 %).

I want to know whether its a acceptable approach in force.com or i need to change the approach . whether i should use sandbox data to cover the code or  i must create the data in testclass itself before running the methods to cover the code ?

Thanks ...

Hi all ,

We have developed an application on force.com in sandbox . Our main aim is to distribute this app to our clients from AppExchange or through OEM . I am trying to deploy this app from sandbox to production environment . what will be the process after that to reach App Exchange ? what role the package play in the process and during app distribution to the clients ?

Thanks....

Hi ,

We have our  application(financial Application) build on Spring 3.0 . Can we put this on AppExchange directly without waiting for VMForce(the cloud for java app) ? Is there any other alternate of VMForce ? We are very keen to put out application on AppExchange for marketing purpose . plz help ...............

Hi All

I have studied about vmforce and found a constraint that we can not use external database like MySQL,SQL server,oracle etc .We are planing to convert our struts based application into spring framework  using MySQL to use appExchange using vmforce .

please correct me whether we are on right way or need something else to know .

any comments and suggestion will be highly appreciable .

thanks

Hi All,

I have heard that if you have a j2ee application developed on spring 2.0 . You can deploy your war file at unmanaged package and can access your application instantly from force.com . But I didn't found such a thing .Someone suggest me to convert our struts based application into spring framework and then deploying the war file . can We deploy war file as unmanaged package ?

every help will be appreciated .........

thanks

Hi All

We have an J2EE application build on struts1.3,Hibernate,Ajax,Spring(ORM) . We want to host our application on Amazon and then integrate with Force.com with the help of EC2 and S3 . I am very new to force.com and Amazon . So first of All I want to ask the feasibility of the Integration ? If feasible , From where I should start ?

please give me some details or overview how the integration process will work ?

thanks ...........

Hi All

We hava an application build on struts framework . Now we want to deploy our software on forcecom platform . I think we have 2 choices either to rebuild our application with visualforce ,apex and soql or can use web services to integrate our application with force.com platform . Now we want to know the web service available to do this task . Please give suggestion whether we should rebuild or integrate ?

plz give some suggestion about integration with force.com platform .

thanks a lot in advance.......................

Hi All

We hava an application build on struts framework . Now we want to deploy our software on forcecom platform . I think we have 2 choices either to rebuild our application with visualforce ,apex and soql or can use web services to integrate our application with force.com platform . Now we want to know the web service available to do this task . Please give suggestion whether we should rebuild or integrate ?

plz give some suggestion about integration with force.com platform .

thanks a lot in advance.......................

Why Reset functionality is so complex and hard to implement . I am trying since last 3days to reset a inputTextBox and inputField of type PickList ,but I am still not able to do so .

I searched a lot on discussion board and posted my code also . but nobody was to solve that .

plzzzzzzzzz help me if anybody can solve it.

thanks a lot in advance

Hi All

Will Anybody let me know how to reset a apex:inputText  component . I have tried ajax to rerender the id of this textbox but nothing works for me .

<apex:inputText value="{!test}" id="123"/>

<apex:commandButton action="{!reset}" value="RESET" rerender="123"/>

controller

public string test {get;set;}

public PageReference reset(){

test = null;

retrun null;

}

thanks to all of you ..

Hi All,

DateTime myDate  = DateTime.newInstance(2010,10,10);

String strDate = myDate.format('yyyy/mm/dd');

does not give expected result '2010/10/10' .Rather it give '2010/00/10' .

?

plz let me know where i am wrong or the format method has some  flaw .

This Question is for the people who have enough experience on force.com platform and have a knowledge of java/j2ee .

I want to know about the feasibility of convering java code and complex business logic written in java to apex . can Apex do all as java can or it lacks something ? Can we build a complex financial project on visualforce and apex class ? I think after a limit it might go unmanageable because its a concept like jsp page and servlet as a controller (the model used for development ) .

But struts and many framework come then to manage that complexity .

how much complex project force.com platform can handle ?

thanks in advance.

<apex:pageblockSection columns="3" title="Search By" collapsible="false">

<apex:pageblockSectionItem id="prospectRefId">
                   Prospect Ref No <apex:inputText id="txt12345" value="{!prospectRefNo}" />           
           </apex:pageblockSectionItem> 
            <apex:inputField value="{!Prospects.Customer_Name__c}" id="Custom123" />
            <apex:inputField value="{!Prospects.Prospect_Source__c}"  />
            <apex:inputField value="{!Prospects.Type_Of_Relationship__c}" />
            <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                 <apex:commandButton reRender="thePanel123,myId,thePanel" action="{!search}" value="Search" />
                 <apex:commandButton  reRender="Custom123,txt12345,thePanel" 
                     action="{!reset}" value="Reset" immediate="true" />

</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

</apex:pageblockSection>

I want to reset all fields . But only customer name is reset by my reset method .

reset method code :
Prospects.customer_name__c = null;
        Prospects.Prospect_Source__c = '';
        setProspectRefNo(null);
        return null;
}

thanks in advance .......

Hi All

I want to build a criteria on the basis of search fields and then want to use this criteria in search method query .

public String buildCriteria(){

String crt = null ;
         customerName = Prospects.customer_name__c;
           if(customerName != null && customerName !='' )
               crt = ' customer_name__c like \'+customerName+\'';

if(prospectRefNo != null && prospectRefNo != '')
               if(crt != null)
                    crt += ' and name = \'+prospectRefNo+\'' ;
                else
                    crt = ' name = \'+prospectRefNo+\'' ;

return crt;
    }

These lines are in search method which call buildCriteria first and then execute the code

if(criteria != null )
                prospectsList = Database.query('select  name,customer_name__c,type_of_relationship__c,'+
               'prospect_source__c,e_mail__c from  prospects__c where ' + criteria);

But when I try to search Prospects i got an exception or the i dont get expected result..

I have 2 custom object Prospect and CallMemo . CallMemo has an lookup field Prospect Ref No . now when I want to save a call Memo With a Prospect How can I put a correct value in callmemo's prospect ref no . I tried to assign prospect Id to prospect Ref no . But i got an exception .

public PageReference save(){
        callMemo.prospect_ref_no__c = selectedProspect.id;
        insert callMemo;

return null;

}

callMemo and selectedProspect are instances of Call_Memo__c and Prospects__c respectively .

plzzzzzzz help...

Can We rerender the the above mentioned component through ajax ?

I found a No in visualforce tutorials . I need to refresh the content of a pageblocktable .

is there any way to refresh pageblockcomponent .

thanks in advance.........

Hi

I want to filter a Prospects List Page (a Page Showing list of prospects of customer ) on some fields like prospect Ref No ,Customer Name etc . But the problem is that i cant update apex:PageBlockTable with rerender attribute of command Button . I am using PageBlockTable tag to show my list beacause I need to iterate the list of records . Is there any alternate to iterate a list except pageblockTable and dataTable . Or any idea to implement my filter requirement .........

I have done this with ajax in our same project on struts framework.

Thanks in advance..

• September 30, 2010

Hi all ,

Salesforce require a test a/c to test the app, we want to publish. They said it should not be the primary org , where we have developed our app. We can create a test org using  http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/events/regular/registration.php link. 

Should we move the code and Data  from original org to test org or how we can build the test org  for security review team ?

many thanks

manjeet

Hi All ,

How do We get production org to use as APO for our app listing on Appexchange? We have developed the app using Partner Develor Edition and have managed package in DE org. Now I want a different org for publishing and license management  purpose.

thanks in advance...........

Manjeet

Hi all,

I want to initiate security revirew process for our product ,but when i click on change partnership to provide my partnerLogin info or my colleague partner info(balwant.singh@partnerforce.com)  because it is required to initiate security review , i got the error message given below .

Please correct the following error(s):

• This partnership has already been linked to another AppExchange provider profile (Manjeet Test). A partnership can be linked to at most one provider profile at a time.

I found that my partner login info(manjeet.rulhania@partnerforce.com) is attached with some other a/c(manjeet@arxaa.com / Manjeet Test ) on appexchange which I create for learning purpose and i have attached my partner login info to this but not my colleague login info .

Now we want to publish from a diffterent a/c (other than manjeet@arxaa.com) .

please help me on this issue .how i can de attach partnerforce login from manjeet@arxaa.com a/c

please leave a comment for help............

Hi All,

Is it right to just cover the code of  apex class or We will be forced to do proper testing during security review ?

what i do to make a class deployable to production env , i just call its methods from a testmethod method and the work is done (code coverage reach about 90-95 %).

I want to know whether its a acceptable approach in force.com or i need to change the approach . whether i should use sandbox data to cover the code or  i must create the data in testclass itself before running the methods to cover the code ?

Thanks ...

Hi ,

We have our  application(financial Application) build on Spring 3.0 . Can we put this on AppExchange directly without waiting for VMForce(the cloud for java app) ? Is there any other alternate of VMForce ? We are very keen to put out application on AppExchange for marketing purpose . plz help ...............

Hi All

I have studied about vmforce and found a constraint that we can not use external database like MySQL,SQL server,oracle etc .We are planing to convert our struts based application into spring framework  using MySQL to use appExchange using vmforce .

please correct me whether we are on right way or need something else to know .

any comments and suggestion will be highly appreciable .

thanks

Hi All,

I have heard that if you have a j2ee application developed on spring 2.0 . You can deploy your war file at unmanaged package and can access your application instantly from force.com . But I didn't found such a thing .Someone suggest me to convert our struts based application into spring framework and then deploying the war file . can We deploy war file as unmanaged package ?

every help will be appreciated .........

thanks

Why Reset functionality is so complex and hard to implement . I am trying since last 3days to reset a inputTextBox and inputField of type PickList ,but I am still not able to do so .

I searched a lot on discussion board and posted my code also . but nobody was to solve that .

plzzzzzzzzz help me if anybody can solve it.

thanks a lot in advance

Hi All

Will Anybody let me know how to reset a apex:inputText  component . I have tried ajax to rerender the id of this textbox but nothing works for me .

<apex:inputText value="{!test}" id="123"/>

<apex:commandButton action="{!reset}" value="RESET" rerender="123"/>

controller

public string test {get;set;}

test = null;

retrun null;

}

thanks to all of you ..

Hi All,

DateTime myDate  = DateTime.newInstance(2010,10,10);

String strDate = myDate.format('yyyy/mm/dd');

does not give expected result '2010/10/10' .Rather it give '2010/00/10' .

?

plz let me know where i am wrong or the format method has some  flaw .