• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

Can I get a custom setting value from a  managed package apex code (the custom setting object is not part of the package) ?

More details:
I got an error "Custom Setting cannot be referenced outside code from the same namespace" when try to query custom setting object from managed package. What does it mean and how can I get this custom setting value?

Thanks
Yitzchak

• July 17, 2012

Hi

I develop a managed package which I test now on few SF editions.

There is a VisualPage which work fine on EE and Dev editions, while in PE edition I got the following error: "SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field..."

I know this error is happen when I do not add the field to the query, but in this situation I add it to the query and also I don't understand why the same package on the same page is works fine on EE edition but not on PE edition.

Yitzchak

• December 30, 2011

Has anyone seen a 'new component' issue before for a 'summary layout' component (for a patch version)?  I'm assuming it was something added in Summer '12 as I haven't been able to determine what a 'summary layout' component is. It seems that something was added in Summer '12 that is going to force me to do a major release instead of being able to release a patch version. When I click on the links to the components, I just receive an 'Insufficient Privileges' message. My thought is that is related to the 'Highlights Panel' of Page Layouts though I thought this was added in Summer '11. 

Thanks!

Hi

I develop a managed package which I test now on few SF editions.

There is a VisualPage which work fine on EE and Dev editions, while in PE edition I got the following error: "SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field..."

I know this error is happen when I do not add the field to the query, but in this situation I add it to the query and also I don't understand why the same package on the same page is works fine on EE edition but not on PE edition.

Yitzchak

• December 30, 2011