• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everyone,

What we are trying to achieve is to have a checkbox return a value other than "0" and "1", whether it be the field name, or a custom string of text, either would work. Does anyone know if this is possible? As far as I know, operators cannot be used in email templates?

Thanks for any advice

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to create a new field based off of a formula using a field within our opportunity, which is a picklist. I figured out that it cannot just pull a picklist value and has to be transferred to "TEXT" first. So I went through and created the formula that I thought would be needed to get the values for the new field based off of the picklist. When I check the syntax, I get an error stating:

"Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,637 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters"

The formula is only:
745 Characters w/out Spaces
775 Characters w/ Spaces

So I'm not really sure what's going on. Would someone be able to shed some light on the issue and/or what might be going on? The formula I was trying to use is provided below:

IF(ISBLANK(TEXT(Inspection_City__c)), "None",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Atwater:Ballico:Delhi:Dos Palos:Gustine:Hilmar:Livingston:Los Banos:Merced:Santa Nella:Stevinson:Winton"), "Merced County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Ceres:Denair:Grayson:Hughson:Keyes:La Grange:Modesto:Newman:Oakdale:Patterson:Riverbank:Salida:Turlock:Waterford"), "Stanislaus County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Escalon:Lathrop:Lockeford:Lodi:Manteca:Ripon:Stockton:Tracy"), "San Joaquin County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Dublin:Hayward:Livermore"), "Alameda County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Galt"), "Sacramento County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Gilroy:Morgan Hill:Mountain View"), "Santa Clara County", "Outside Area")))))))

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan

Hi Everyone,

What we are trying to achieve is to have a checkbox return a value other than "0" and "1", whether it be the field name, or a custom string of text, either would work. Does anyone know if this is possible? As far as I know, operators cannot be used in email templates?

Thanks for any advice

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to create a new field based off of a formula using a field within our opportunity, which is a picklist. I figured out that it cannot just pull a picklist value and has to be transferred to "TEXT" first. So I went through and created the formula that I thought would be needed to get the values for the new field based off of the picklist. When I check the syntax, I get an error stating:

"Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,637 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters"

The formula is only:
745 Characters w/out Spaces
775 Characters w/ Spaces

So I'm not really sure what's going on. Would someone be able to shed some light on the issue and/or what might be going on? The formula I was trying to use is provided below:

IF(ISBLANK(TEXT(Inspection_City__c)), "None",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Atwater:Ballico:Delhi:Dos Palos:Gustine:Hilmar:Livingston:Los Banos:Merced:Santa Nella:Stevinson:Winton"), "Merced County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Ceres:Denair:Grayson:Hughson:Keyes:La Grange:Modesto:Newman:Oakdale:Patterson:Riverbank:Salida:Turlock:Waterford"), "Stanislaus County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Escalon:Lathrop:Lockeford:Lodi:Manteca:Ripon:Stockton:Tracy"), "San Joaquin County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Dublin:Hayward:Livermore"), "Alameda County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Galt"), "Sacramento County",
IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Inspection_City__c), "Gilroy:Morgan Hill:Mountain View"), "Santa Clara County", "Outside Area")))))))

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan