• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am new to SFDC. I wanted to know if there is something in SFDC Ouf of the Box that can handle sales goals for the sales reps? A place where i can enter the yearly goals for a sales rep?  or should i be building something new myself for this purpose.

Thanks.

I downloded the force.com IDE and installed it in my office pc. For creating a project i entered the username, password, token and environement, set the proxy server and clicked next. On the screen where it shows the progress, as soon as it gets to the point where it shows "preparing to fetch component metadata" it gets stuck. Nothing happens after that and i should kill the IDE to exit from it. Please advise what to do.

Thanks

I am new to SFDC. I am using Developer Edition. My friends told me that i can create apex classes and triggers in the Developer Edition. But somehow when i login to DE and go to develop->apex triggers, i dont see the "new" button to create a trigger. What i am doing now is create a sandbox out of the DE and creating triggers there. So is there somethign i am missing? do i need to change any config settings to enable apex triggers in DE?

How do I a write trigger on a checkbox. I am trying to change the value of a picklist based on a checkbox click. Do i even need to write an apex trigger for this, or is there any other method of achieving this? I dont want to write a trigger to update the record, but just need to change the value of the picklist before even the user hits save button.

Thanks

I am new to SFDC. I am in developer force and when I go to setup->develop->apex classes I don't see a "new" button to create a new apex class. Is there some config setting which i need to turn on for this?

I am the platform admin on the sfdc instance.

Thanks

I am new to SFDC. I wanted to know if there is something in SFDC Ouf of the Box that can handle sales goals for the sales reps? A place where i can enter the yearly goals for a sales rep?  or should i be building something new myself for this purpose.

Thanks.

I downloded the force.com IDE and installed it in my office pc. For creating a project i entered the username, password, token and environement, set the proxy server and clicked next. On the screen where it shows the progress, as soon as it gets to the point where it shows "preparing to fetch component metadata" it gets stuck. Nothing happens after that and i should kill the IDE to exit from it. Please advise what to do.

Thanks

I am new to SFDC. I am using Developer Edition. My friends told me that i can create apex classes and triggers in the Developer Edition. But somehow when i login to DE and go to develop->apex triggers, i dont see the "new" button to create a trigger. What i am doing now is create a sandbox out of the DE and creating triggers there. So is there somethign i am missing? do i need to change any config settings to enable apex triggers in DE?

How do I a write trigger on a checkbox. I am trying to change the value of a picklist based on a checkbox click. Do i even need to write an apex trigger for this, or is there any other method of achieving this? I dont want to write a trigger to update the record, but just need to change the value of the picklist before even the user hits save button.

Thanks

I am new to SFDC. I am in developer force and when I go to setup->develop->apex classes I don't see a "new" button to create a new apex class. Is there some config setting which i need to turn on for this?

I am the platform admin on the sfdc instance.

Thanks