• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys. i'm trying to create a search field within two custom objects. My idea is to have a PC models database on one object and on another, need to search within data of the other object.
When i create a search field, this one, only search for the ID of the other object, but i want to search another field. The idea is to type a PC model, and if it founds it on the other object, then bring up to this new object all the information regarding to that model. 
Am i clear? any help? thanks!!!

Hi everyone, is there any way to change the CREATED BY field in tasks?

Of course, a massive change, i have too many tasks from different users and need to reasign!

thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi guys, i have a HORRIBLE problem with my custom objects.

I have a field where i can only fill values NON duplicated.

Now, i need to change this. I can add duplicated codes only if another field (selection list) is different.

For example:

Carrier: Orange

ID: 1234A

Now, i want to create a new registry with the following:

Carrier: AT&T

So, i can create this registry, but if the pick list CARRIER is the same, and the code is the same too, then i'll have an error message!!

Any idea??

PLEASE HELP ME!!! THANKS!!!!!

:smileyfrustrated:

Hi Wise people.

This time, i need some "easy" help.

I'm creating a custom object. The idea is to upload data every week.

This data should only be managed by one specific user depending on the country.

for example, if in the data, the country is ARGENTINA,  peter should see that data and nobody else, if the country is Chile, only Richard can manage that information and nobody else.

The question is HOW CAN I DO THIS?

Is there any pleace while creating the object that i shopuld say that? is there any field like CREATED BY or PROPIETARY that i have to fill in with tne user name?

uploading data with APEX DATA LOADER.

Thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi Guys.

Now i need something strange.

I have a picklist with some names and a autogenerated field with the name of the person who is creating the lead (Created By).

I want to make a comparison between this two fields. If the picklist value name is the same as created By, everything is ok, if not.... ERROR MESSAGE!

Any idea???

thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi wise people.

I have a lot of problems with an IF + Vlookup forumal.

My idea is the following:

- I have a text filed where users have to add a code

- If code exists, then ERROR.

IF( VLOOKUP( $ObjectType.CODE__c.Fields.Name, $ObjectType.CODE__c.Fields.Name, CODE__c) <>"",TRUE,FALSE)

What am i  doing wrong???

thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi wise people!

I have two questions regarding to picklists.

1.- Is there a maximum number of items under a picklist? for example, I want to add 800 SalesPoints. Of course, some point will be shown depending on the country selected (creating a dependence relation)

2.-  I there any possibility to use this picklist under 4 different objects? so, if i have to make some changes to a sales point (add or remove) i don't need to open each picklist under each object?

thanks in advance.

Pablo

Hi guys.

I'm sure that you can help me with this.

I have two fields.

1.- PICKLIST (values - win, negotiation, lost)

2.- numeric field (Amount)

Want to create something like:

IF PICKLIST VALUE = WIN, Amount should NOT be 0

The idea is that you can't choose win if you do not fill in the AMOUNT field.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi guys.

One question.

I have an object (CONTACTS) and there's a field "ACCOUNT NAME" that search within all the accounts created so i can make a relation between that account and a CONTACT.

What i'm trying to do is that when you select the account from the other object, some fields (like PHONE or MAIL) will automatically fill in with the ACCOUNT PHONE AND MAIL, so i just have to add the person name.

How can i do this?

thank in advance

Pablo

Hi Guys.

I'm new with salesforce and i really hate to run the reports and export them to excel.

Is there any way to automatically run the report and send it via mail or something like that as an excel?

I used to use Business Objects that that was a great rule.

Salesforce is much better and i know that should exist a way to do this.

If you solve my problem (and come to ARGENTINA) y would buy you a beer!! hahaha.

No, really, you will solve 30% of my time!

thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi guys.

I'm going to try to explain my problem.

I've developed two different objects (Accounts and Oportunities).

No, i let some functions to enter this objects, but, the idea is that users allowed to enter those objects, can't see information that other users created. For example:

- user A load a new account

- user B get in the object and can see that account.

i don't want users to see what other do.

Can anybody help me with this issue?

thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi guys. Another easy question that it's makeing me go crazy!!!

I have 2 fields.

1.- Pick list with 3 different values (Win, Lost, 50%)

2.- Date field

I want to fill in (automatically) the DATE field with the exact day that i choosed WIN as the pick list value.

The idea is to remember when was that lead won and store that date under DATE field.

Any idea??

thanks in advance

Pablo (Argentina)

hi guys.

Can anybody help me?

I'm trying to validate a field.

The idea is the following:

I want to create a field named TEST (TEST__c) that have 2 states. Or it's blank or, if it's not balnk, then, the lenght should be 15

This is a numeric field.

This is what i did but it's not working:

OR(NOT(ISBLANK( TEST__c )) , LEN( TEXT( TEST__c ) )  <> 15)

Thanks in advance.

Hy guys.

I'm new in this and trying to do something complex for me, but sure is not for you.

I have 3 fields.

UserType: is a picklist with 4 different values

IMEI__c: Numeric values up to 15 digits

IMEI_a_confirmar__c: Checkbox

The idea is the following.

If UserType = "NUMBER1" OR "NUMBER2"

IF IMEI_a_confirmar__c is NOT checked

Then IMEI___c should HAVE exactlly 15 digits

I did created the rule that IMEI___c have to have 15 digits: IF(LEN(TEXT( IMEI__c ))<> 15, TRUE, FALSE)

But the other validations, don't know where to add them (or how).

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!!!

Pablo

Hi guys. i'm trying to create a search field within two custom objects. My idea is to have a PC models database on one object and on another, need to search within data of the other object.
When i create a search field, this one, only search for the ID of the other object, but i want to search another field. The idea is to type a PC model, and if it founds it on the other object, then bring up to this new object all the information regarding to that model. 
Am i clear? any help? thanks!!!

Hi everyone, is there any way to change the CREATED BY field in tasks?

Of course, a massive change, i have too many tasks from different users and need to reasign!

thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi guys, i have a HORRIBLE problem with my custom objects.

I have a field where i can only fill values NON duplicated.

Now, i need to change this. I can add duplicated codes only if another field (selection list) is different.

For example:

Carrier: Orange

Now, i want to create a new registry with the following:

Carrier: AT&T

So, i can create this registry, but if the pick list CARRIER is the same, and the code is the same too, then i'll have an error message!!

Any idea??

PLEASE HELP ME!!! THANKS!!!!!

:smileyfrustrated:

Hi Guys.

Now i need something strange.

I have a picklist with some names and a autogenerated field with the name of the person who is creating the lead (Created By).

I want to make a comparison between this two fields. If the picklist value name is the same as created By, everything is ok, if not.... ERROR MESSAGE!

Any idea???

thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi wise people.

I have a lot of problems with an IF + Vlookup forumal.

My idea is the following:

- I have a text filed where users have to add a code

- If code exists, then ERROR.

IF( VLOOKUP( $ObjectType.CODE__c.Fields.Name, $ObjectType.CODE__c.Fields.Name, CODE__c) <>"",TRUE,FALSE)

What am i  doing wrong???

thanks in advance

Pablo

Hi wise people!

I have two questions regarding to picklists.

1.- Is there a maximum number of items under a picklist? for example, I want to add 800 SalesPoints. Of course, some point will be shown depending on the country selected (creating a dependence relation)

2.-  I there any possibility to use this picklist under 4 different objects? so, if i have to make some changes to a sales point (add or remove) i don't need to open each picklist under each object?

thanks in advance.

Pablo

Hi guys.

I'm sure that you can help me with this.

I have two fields.

1.- PICKLIST (values - win, negotiation, lost)

2.- numeric field (Amount)

Want to create something like:

IF PICKLIST VALUE = WIN, Amount should NOT be 0

The idea is that you can't choose win if you do not fill in the AMOUNT field.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Pablo