• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Problem:  1) Cannot do cross-object workflow
                1a)  Cannot fire workflow off formula field.

So I need a trigger that will force an "edit/save" (that is, an update with no changes necessary) to opportunity products when a user populates a date field, SO_Opened__c,  on the opportunity.

Any help, be it code itself or links to get me further along would be great.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hi,

I am working on a VF page that does alot of DB work, but I don't want to "commit" it until the confirm final step of my wizard.

How can I call a database rollback if they page is closed or navigated away from etc.

Let me know if more details would help.

Thanks,

Scott

Is there a way to export a salesforce instances data schema in it's entirety?

I figure since the IDE plugin obtains this, you must be able to get it somehow right?

Hi,

I am trying to deploy my package to a client, and we keep recieving this error:

1. (Account.Organization_ID__c) reached maximum number of external ids and

unique fields

Account.Organization_ID__c: reached maximum number of external ids and

unique fields

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)

There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected

record(s). The first validation error encountered was "00DT0000000JdhL:

VALIDATION_FAILED [Account.Organization_ID__c: reached maximum number of

external ids and unique fields: Account.Organization_ID__c: reached maximum

number of external ids and unique fields]".

What do you think the problem could be? Is there a maximum number of External IDs aloud per instance of salesforce?

Hi,

I am running into some duplicate external ID errors when I am using the upsert process of the DataLoader. I am hoping that I am just overlooking something, and the functionality exists within the Loader.

I am migrating data from one salesforce instance to another, using external IDs to build relationships within the new instance. I use an external ID in the Account and one in the Contact objects.

The problem arises when I run into an Account with more than one contact, I start running into errors like this:

Duplicate external id specified: 001a000000o7h1hiar

Is this an actual limitation to the upsert process, or am I missing something? All the rows that returned this duplicate error have been pushed out into the error.csv, can I do anything with these? Thanks again, any help is appreciated. I would hate to have to migrate some rows manually!

I am trying to deploy code from a sandbox to production, but it isn't saving. I have gone through all the deployment settings inbound and outbound from each instance. The only way I could get it to deploy is through packaging it up and then deploying it through the special login URL. This kind of FORCED it in, and it works, but it's very inconvienant and tedius... Why can't I just deploy from the Eclipse IDE?

Hi all,

I am looking for some references on how to use epsert with external IDs in the apex data loader...

I have a .csv of Accounts and Contacts that I have exported from one SF instance, and I want to correctly upsert it into a new instance... can this be done without VLOOKUP in excel? can upsert do what I want it to?

Eventually I would like to understand exactly the process of how this is done, so I can just define a couple beans in the process-conf.xml and do this through the CLI with good portability.

Thanks ahead,

Scott

Hi I am trying to add a list button to a layout I have, that links to a VF page I have created.

It works in my sandbox when I deploy all my code (the Page, Controller and Test with 100% coverage) it is all there and I can access the working VF page from /apex/Vacate (the direct URL) but when I try to pick it in the "Content" tab that shows up if you choose VisualForce page as your Content Source.

It exists under Develop->Pages though.

Any ideas?

Is there ANY simple way to do this in apex? Why does the platform not have an inputDate field that would behave like the inputText field?

I have been searching around since 11:30 for this SIMPLE solution.

Hi,

I am new to the salesforce platform, and I am creating a custom visualforce page to do some work on a datatable (it is a popup from a list button forone of my custom objects) right now I am just using the standard controller for that custom object, and I am displaying some data in a dataTable, and then I have some commandButton's. Now my question is, I want to have an action performed on this data when one of the buttons is clicked, but it's sort of complex, so I figured maybe I can write a custom method for this controller? Can salesforce do this?

Also, how do I make a cancel button simply close the page with no changes? is there a default Action for that?

Loving the platform so far, just wrapping my head around it.

Thanks, Scott

Hi,

In a after updating trigger, how do I select objects within the updating object:

example

an object has a child object which has a name, I want to a text field of the parent object using that name

How would I access this in APEX?

Thanks,

Scott

Hello,

I am trying to write the SOQL statement that will let me select only contacts that belong to the triggering account in a trigger, atm I have:

Contact[] cntList = [ SELECT c.Phone
                          FROM Contact c
                          WHERE Contact.AccountId = Account.Id
                          FOR UPDATE];

but the SOQL seems unhappy with the Account.Id field... giving the error:

Error: Compile Error: unexpected token: 'Account.Id' at line 9 column 52

I am new to APEX and Salesforce, I was hoping for either a nice link to some resources I can learn from, or perhaps an explanation on the error of my ways

Thanks alot.

How can I connect mywebsite to salesforce.com ?
I want to do this thing as whenever I submit form form my website then its appropriate data will get stored in salesforce custom object which i have created...
Please mention the code or document if needs to establish connection or settings are required for this...
Regards...

Hi,

I am building a custom object similar to case. What I want to do is copy fields (notes, reason code) from a case to other cases.

e.g. Customer service calls a client for a invoice payment follow-up(on existing case), the response from client(notes) could be same for other pending invoices. How do we copy these notes to other cases? I am trying to avoid parent-child objects (parent = case, child=pending invoices).

Thanks 

Hi all

I have a weird problem, I'm doing the following steps

1.uninstalling my package, lets say v.1

2.installing my new package, v.2

3.start working with the new package, v2,  and it sends data to my server with v.1 format.

4.only after deleting cookies, the new package sends v.2 format.

Any ideas, what could be the problem???

I must mention that is the weird behavior is started after the last salesforce maintenance, and I don't know if its related.

Thanks in advance

guy

Hi, I am learning salesforce and apex coding, and got some problems.

For example, code like this: (The function is, Tag the record with latest date "Most Recent Record", and other record not tagged.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

trigger LatestEvaluationHistory on Evaluation_History__c (after delete, after insert, after update) {

List<Evaluation_History__c> ctxsToUpdate = new List<Evaluation_History__c>{};    
        Set<Id> emtoupdate = new Set<Id> ();
        boolean firstRecord = true;    

if (Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isUpdate ) {
            for (Evaluation_History__c c: Trigger.New) {
                emtoupdate.add(c.Job_Name__c);
            }
        }

else {
            for (Evaluation_History__c c: Trigger.Old) {
                emtoupdate.add(c.Job_Name__c);
            }
        }

if(ctxsToUpdate != null && !ctxsToUpdate.IsEmpty())
        {
        for(Evaluation_History__c ctx : [Select Id, Most_Recent_Record__c, Effective_Date__c
            from Evaluation_History__c where Job_Name__c =: emtoupdate ORDER BY Effective_Date__c DESC])
            {
                if(firstRecord)
                {
                    ctx.Most_Recent_Record__c = True;
                    firstRecord = false;    //System.debug(LoggingLevel.INFO,'a'+ctx.Id);
                }
                else
                {
                    ctx.Most_Recent_Record__c = False;    //System.debug(LoggingLevel.INFO,'b'+ctx.Id);
                }

ctxsToUpdate.add(ctx);
            }

update ctxsToUpdate;
        }
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This code can work in Sandbox, but cannot deploy into production because the test coverage is 0%.

So Who can teach me how to increase the test coverage???

Thanks a lot.

I am really torturing in this part.

I think I've found myself between a rock and a hard place.

We have two different business units.  As a function of what they do, they would need to see different dashboards, be concerned with different objects within salesforce, etc.

Is it possible to create a "virtual" home for business group B by creating a secondary Home Page Layout and then pointing their relevant dashboards, security/visiblity settings towards that, or can we for all intents and purposes clone the home tab so we have a brand new instance of the home tab to skin their way and point things to/from?

doing this with some salesforce objects is simple since we can create new record types, such as for leads, opportunities, etc and dictate what the default type is based on user profiles.

Problem:  1) Cannot do cross-object workflow
                1a)  Cannot fire workflow off formula field.

So I need a trigger that will force an "edit/save" (that is, an update with no changes necessary) to opportunity products when a user populates a date field, SO_Opened__c,  on the opportunity.

Any help, be it code itself or links to get me further along would be great.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Can somone tell me what I'm missing here?   :-/   Just trying to write data back to the Account.  Surrounding THIS for loop is an Opportunity for-loop, if that matters.  :-/  

for ( Account AccountRec : [Select Id, Name, Last_PhoneCall_Attempt__c from Account where Id = :OpportunityRec.AccountId] )
                        {
                            OpportunityRec.Name = AccountRec.Id;  // returns the RIGHT ID...
                            AccountRec.Name = 'TonyBaloney';      // does NOT reset Name on Account to this value..!
                            AccountRec.Last_PhoneCall_Attempt__c = Date.Today();    // same issue...
                        }
                        OpportunityRec.Last_PhoneCall_Attempt__c = Date.Today();

How to deploy project from Force.com IDE ?

As i know that I have login with my sandbox usename & Password in Force.com IDE to write my program & pages.

So from where i have execute the entire project as i think that i have login with sandbox id so it will not allow me to execute it on production environment.

Till now I am not able to clear about it that What thing should be present in Sandbox or in Production Environment ?

As i created one example but generally when i outbound it from sandbox to production environment then at the time of deploying it shows me error as VFPage Doesn't Exit.

Sometimes as i faced that Objects are not available so I want to clear the complete idea about it that what thing i must need to create on Sandbox & What thing should be present in production environment.

Also i faced one problem like your test coverage is of 3% & it must be atleast 75% of the code then program doesn't execute so i am not able to get it completely because when i run my each & every class & pages in Force.com IDE separately then every code is executed successfully & its code coverage of 100% but when i go for the deployment of that program then its shows me trigger error as must need atleast 75%....

So please help on this things so hope I will be able to execute my programs..

Thanx alot to soon reply...

Hi Guys

I am new to sf development and have to migrate data from another crm, the data is fairly complex so I thought the api would be the best place to start. I want to get started with upsert, does anyone have a basic vb.net example I could start to work with, would be much appreciated?

Cheers

I am trying to deploy code from a sandbox to production, but it isn't saving. I have gone through all the deployment settings inbound and outbound from each instance. The only way I could get it to deploy is through packaging it up and then deploying it through the special login URL. This kind of FORCED it in, and it works, but it's very inconvienant and tedius... Why can't I just deploy from the Eclipse IDE?

Hi I am trying to add a list button to a layout I have, that links to a VF page I have created.

It works in my sandbox when I deploy all my code (the Page, Controller and Test with 100% coverage) it is all there and I can access the working VF page from /apex/Vacate (the direct URL) but when I try to pick it in the "Content" tab that shows up if you choose VisualForce page as your Content Source.

It exists under Develop->Pages though.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I am new to the salesforce platform, and I am creating a custom visualforce page to do some work on a datatable (it is a popup from a list button forone of my custom objects) right now I am just using the standard controller for that custom object, and I am displaying some data in a dataTable, and then I have some commandButton's. Now my question is, I want to have an action performed on this data when one of the buttons is clicked, but it's sort of complex, so I figured maybe I can write a custom method for this controller? Can salesforce do this?

Also, how do I make a cancel button simply close the page with no changes? is there a default Action for that?

Loving the platform so far, just wrapping my head around it.

Thanks, Scott