• -2 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is the API down? I can't find a status for the API. Our response time is crazy slow.
  • September 30, 2015

I want to use the Data Loader UPSERT function to upload contacts and accounts. Some are new, some have updated data in them. I'm using an external ID as the match. However when I'm mapping the fields I can't find the contact name AND the account name. Does this make sense? I'm not using the standard 'Import My Organizations Accounts and Contacts' as I want to import them using an external ID.

Thoughts???

Thanks...Scott

• March 08, 2011
I would like to be able to sync email to Salesforce.  I used to be able to do this, but now the icon is gone.  Can you help?
I am looking to get some help with object tables and email templates. I am trying to create an email template that pulls information from two object tables. There are two object tables, the second object table has a relationship with the first object table. 

Example:

Object Table #1 - consist the following information
  • Manufactures company info
    • Name,address,phone#, contact information
Object Table #2 - Consist the following information which is related to Ojected Table #1
  • Employee Information of that manufacturing company
    • Employee name and ID #
Even though object table #2 has build a relationship with object table #1. So when a user looks up manufactures, on the same page they are able to view the employee information. When I create the email template, I can specify and pull all the information from Object table 1, which I would like to display in the email. However in the email where I specify field names from Object table #2, they remain blank when I run the test email. Mainly because the email template can only pull one object at a time it seems in salesforce. 

Im not sure what the best solution to resolve this issue. 
  1. Do I need to create a field in object table #1 to display, names from Object table #2 (and hide the field from view since, since object table 2 is displayed inside of object table 1 page?

I am not an developer, so please bare with me. 

Thank for your help in advance! 
  • January 09, 2015

Hi,

I have an email  template that merges all the fields in opportunity. In the opportunity page we have look up for Case.

I would like to merge the link for this look up field case in the email template.

Any idea on this?

Thank you!!!

Hello.  I have an e-mail template that is used by a workflow e-mail alert.  The e-mail alert is based on the workorder__c field.  I also have a related object (via lookup relationship) called parts__c. 

I am able to display the workorder__c.workordername__c field values in e-mails created from this template.  However, I am getting blanks where I am trying to display parts__r.partname__c.

In short, is there any way to display data from related objects in an HTML template...or can you only display data from a specific object?

Hope this makes sense.  Thanks in advance.

I have build a custom object.  I would like users to send email using a specified contact and have it log in the history for that object.  I would also like my templates to refer to that contact's first name.. In short, I would like my email template to pull field data from both the contact object and my custom object.  is this possible?

I don't think this is possible in SF, but wanted to ask.  I would like to be able to send customers an email with a link to a document in our SF instance.  However, it prompts for a login and password.  Is there a way to publish some documents online in SF?

I want to use the Data Loader UPSERT function to upload contacts and accounts. Some are new, some have updated data in them. I'm using an external ID as the match. However when I'm mapping the fields I can't find the contact name AND the account name. Does this make sense? I'm not using the standard 'Import My Organizations Accounts and Contacts' as I want to import them using an external ID.

Thoughts???

Thanks...Scott

• March 08, 2011

If an email is send from SF, a copy of sent emails can be seen under Activity history. But is there any way it can be brought into Outlook sent folder? (I can't find it using Outlook Connector). Just like syncing contacts, task and so into SFDC using Outlook Connector...

How can I create a mail merge template using the fields from a multiple custom objects?

As of now, it allows me to create the mail merge template only using the standard objects.

It would be really helpful to get a sample template using the merge fields from custom objects.

Thanks,

Pooja

Hello everyone,

I am seeking some help and advice regarding email templates.

Our ORG currently is configured with Accounts >> Opportunities >> Opportunity Line Items (multiple "items" per opp is possible).

What I'm trying to accomplish is:

Pull Account Information, Pull Opportunity Information, BUT ALSO pull Opportunity Line Items for an email template.

Currently, if I send an email template from the opportunity object, it only pulls account and opportunity information.

Anyone have the same problem?  I've tried using VF/APEX templates but I'm pretty new to that.

Please help.

Thanks
Is it possible to have a cross object value in an email template? On the Lead object I have a lookup field (Primary_Contact__c) to a user. Is there anyway to get user fields on this template with workflow from the Lead object.

I have tried with no luck:
{!Lead.Primary_Contact__c.Title}
{!Lead.Primary_Contact__r.Title}

When saving it reverts to this:
{!Lead.Primary_Contact__c}
{!Lead.Primary_Contact__r}

Thanks,
Jason
  • December 19, 2008