• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have a simple Site object which uses a Visualforce page, which uses an apex controller class. In this controller class, I put some debug statements (System.debug), but I am finding that the output is not being written to the log. I know for a fact that the code is being executed because other calculations in that class are executing.

Is there a reason why my debug statements are not printing just because I am calling the code from a Site? I have used System.debug in other areas where I just have a Visualforce page and an Apex class and the debug worked fine...

Thanks!

Hi,

I need to develop a class where I read in an XML file, then parse through the data, etc. This file will not be chosen manually by a user, rather I have the URL where the file is located and I need to get it from that location and open it in the code.

My question is, how do I get this file from the specified URL location and open it so that I can parse it in my code? I have seen many examples where the file is selected manually using apex:inputfile in the Visualforce page, but I have not been able to find anything yet where I can simply specify the location of a file and then call a method to read its contents.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have a simple Site object which uses a Visualforce page, which uses an apex controller class. In this controller class, I put some debug statements (System.debug), but I am finding that the output is not being written to the log. I know for a fact that the code is being executed because other calculations in that class are executing.

Is there a reason why my debug statements are not printing just because I am calling the code from a Site? I have used System.debug in other areas where I just have a Visualforce page and an Apex class and the debug worked fine...

Thanks!

Hi,

I need to develop a class where I read in an XML file, then parse through the data, etc. This file will not be chosen manually by a user, rather I have the URL where the file is located and I need to get it from that location and open it in the code.

My question is, how do I get this file from the specified URL location and open it so that I can parse it in my code? I have seen many examples where the file is selected manually using apex:inputfile in the Visualforce page, but I have not been able to find anything yet where I can simply specify the location of a file and then call a method to read its contents.

Thanks in advance!