• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, we are using the Products object and the standard functionality is that you can put a value in the "Unit Price" field and the a figure in the "Quantity" field and this will auto calculate the revenue value of the product for you! This is currently set to 2 decimal places, (£0.00), so if you need to enter a "Unit Price" that = 3 decimal places (£0.000) then this will automatically round the final figure Up/Down and this can drastically distort the final Revenue value of the Opportunity... Is there a way of increasing the decimal places on the "Unit Price" field, which is a standard field to 3 or more decimal places? Many thanks Ian

My company uses "Divisions" in an EE Org.

On Opportunities, standard functionality defaults this to the same as the "Account Division" and is locked!

As my company leverages sales from multiple Divisions into Accounts I need to be able to show the revenue for the Opportunity within the Division that the sale is made and not the Accounts Division...

Is there a way of changing the default Division of the Opportunity to match that of the owner, instead of the Account???

Any ideas are very welcome :)

many thanks

Ian

Hi All,

I am developing a solution that will enable our client services team to gather extensive info (data) on our existing customers at both Accoutn & Contact level.

There is a requirement to be able to display this information in a certain way on the detail page layout...

So my question is - Is it possible to have a section in the detail page with more than 2 columns?

the most i would need is to be able to display 4 fiels side by side rather than just 2?

Is this possible?

i only have very basic apex knowledge at the moment so if it requires programming would it be something i could do myself?

many thanks in advance for any help with this?

Ian

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a formula in a custom field ("Pipeline_(CloseDate)__c") that will calculate the "%" of the revenue (in £'s) from the "Amount" field based on the date in the "CloseDate" field on an Opportunity!

The aim is to show the revenue value that will be realized in the currency financial year based on the "CloseDate"?

Example:-

If - "Amount" = £1,000,000 & "CloseDate" = 01/07/2011... Then the value in "Pipeline (CloseDate)" must be "£500,000"!

The "Pipeline (CloseDate)" value obviously needs to adjust accordingly, as and when the date in the "CloseDate" field is changed.

I seem to have hit a brick wall with this so open to any suggestions please?

Many thanks

Salesforce.com Administrator/ Consultant available.

I am an experienced salesforce.com Administrator & Project Manager of 2+ yrs, working on a large implementation with 100+ Users across 7 sites within the Sales, Marketing & Customer services environment of a well known UK based "Marketing Services Provider".

Experience areas:

• Planning, designing, building, configuring, implementing & User training of a Salesforce.com solution.
  • Workflow, Approvals, Validation rules & Formulas to incorporate business process within the solution.
  • Custom Apps, Objects & Fields.
  • Website integration for Lead Generation.
  • DataLoader - Data Manipulation & Migration.

Certification:

• ADM:201 (Salesforce.com)
  • CIW v5 E-Commerce designer (Certified Internet Web Professional)
  • CompTIA P+ Project Management.

• ADM:401 (Salesforce.com)  (Pending).
  • Project Management Professional (PMI)  (Pending).
  • Prince2 - Foundation (Pending)

Long or short term contracts, can work remotely depending on requirements.

Please reply for more information or contact - sumsum2253@gmail.com

Regards

Ian

Hi, we are using the Products object and the standard functionality is that you can put a value in the "Unit Price" field and the a figure in the "Quantity" field and this will auto calculate the revenue value of the product for you! This is currently set to 2 decimal places, (£0.00), so if you need to enter a "Unit Price" that = 3 decimal places (£0.000) then this will automatically round the final figure Up/Down and this can drastically distort the final Revenue value of the Opportunity... Is there a way of increasing the decimal places on the "Unit Price" field, which is a standard field to 3 or more decimal places? Many thanks Ian

My company uses "Divisions" in an EE Org.

On Opportunities, standard functionality defaults this to the same as the "Account Division" and is locked!

As my company leverages sales from multiple Divisions into Accounts I need to be able to show the revenue for the Opportunity within the Division that the sale is made and not the Accounts Division...

Is there a way of changing the default Division of the Opportunity to match that of the owner, instead of the Account???

Any ideas are very welcome :)

many thanks

Ian

Hi All,

I am developing a solution that will enable our client services team to gather extensive info (data) on our existing customers at both Accoutn & Contact level.

There is a requirement to be able to display this information in a certain way on the detail page layout...

So my question is - Is it possible to have a section in the detail page with more than 2 columns?

the most i would need is to be able to display 4 fiels side by side rather than just 2?

Is this possible?

i only have very basic apex knowledge at the moment so if it requires programming would it be something i could do myself?

many thanks in advance for any help with this?

Ian

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a formula in a custom field ("Pipeline_(CloseDate)__c") that will calculate the "%" of the revenue (in £'s) from the "Amount" field based on the date in the "CloseDate" field on an Opportunity!

The aim is to show the revenue value that will be realized in the currency financial year based on the "CloseDate"?

Example:-

If - "Amount" = £1,000,000 & "CloseDate" = 01/07/2011... Then the value in "Pipeline (CloseDate)" must be "£500,000"!

The "Pipeline (CloseDate)" value obviously needs to adjust accordingly, as and when the date in the "CloseDate" field is changed.

I seem to have hit a brick wall with this so open to any suggestions please?

Many thanks