• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've cobbled together a button to transfer Accounts to a particular user with one click versus going through the change link - it works great but the ownership does not change on Contacts when executed. Could anyone offer some recommendations or help me add some code here to execute transfers of any Contacts on that Account to a particular user? I'm not very experienced in Java, or coding - but it seems like one route would be to count the number of contacts, find those ids and then execute transfers one by one - I'm open to any options or suggestions.

Here's the main transfer element of the code (there are some other tests on ownership, etc that are run prior to executing the code):

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")}

var acctObj = new sforce.SObject("Account");
acctObj.Id = '{!Account.Id}';
acctObj.OwnerId = '{!Account.OwnerId}';

acctObj.OwnerId = '005A0000000TBEF';

var newRecords = [];

acctObj.Last_Transferred_to_House__c = new Date();

newRecords.push(acctObj);

result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords);

var result = sforce.connection.update([acctObj]);

location.reload(true);

--

Thank you,

Matt.

I need to tag accounts as part of one or more marketing efforts so that I can run two sets of reporting:

- Accounts > Opportunities

- Account > Contacts > Custom Object for Tracking Particular Activities

My first thought was using a multi-select picklist, but I'm wary of this as our org does a lot of account merging and I don't want to run the risk of losing selections in a merge.

I next tried two custom objects (J1 & J2) with J1 being the junction object between many-to-many connections with J2 (the marketing "efforts" object) and Accounts. My goal was to build two custom report types:

- J1 > Accts > Opps

- J1 > Accts > Cntc > Custom

...unfortunately, I'm only allowed to do Acct > J1, but I need to look at subsets of these Accounts based on the "efforts" information. Am I missing something here to allow me to achieve what I want using custom objects?

Really trying to avoid multi-select picklists, and would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

- Matt

I'm taking on a large de-duplication project for fourth quarter, and trying to set tighter standards on our users going forward to complement this effort. One of our ideas is to automate "find & replace" of text after a new record is saved (for example, inside Company Name, it might take Credit Union and shorten it to CU). Rather than roll out a multitude of rules for them to reference or remember, we're trying to automate the execution. 

The first thought is for the system to reference a "key" of the search criteria and then the text to replace it with (perhaps a list or, even better a csv file with all of the transformations). Right now I'm thinking that a trigger may be the best way to go. Has anyone dealt with a similar problem or have any recommendations? Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Matt.

It's valuable for our users that convert leads to have the email domain search enabled by default when clicking the Find Duplicates button, so I've created a custom button to replace Find Duplicates with that functionality - it goes to the following URL:

/lead/leadmergewizard.jsp?retURL=%2F{!Lead.Id}&id={!Lead.Id}&p5=1

When the button runs, the email domain checkbox (p5) is indeed clicked, but it doesn't actually search WITH the email domain results included. The user needs to click search once at the page to see those additional results included. In other words, while the checkbox appears checked, it doesn't include the email domain in that intial search that runs when the Find Duplicates is clicked on a Lead record.

I hope that's clear - if anyone has any insight into how I can get that initial search to run with the domain results included, it would be very helpful. Or if there was perhaps a way to trigger the URL to run that search again, after the p5 checkbox is selected... That's just one idea.

Thank you for you time,

Matt.

I'm trying to lock down certain fields so that they're hidden from users that aren't the record owner so I put together a brief VF page using outputField and rendered to set my condition. Then I placed that VF page in my page layout in lieu of placing the actual field onto the layout. The problem is that if the user tries to edit the record the field doesn't show itself in View mode and won't therefore the user/owner can't edit the field since it isn't on the layout.

Is there a alternative to hiding the field in View mode (that allows for editing), or a work around to place that field onto the Edit page. I've thought about inlineEdit on the View page but I've been having trouble implementing that, and it would still be hidden if they hit the Edit button on the record.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm still getting familiar with VisualForce. Thank you.

please help me to wriite a trigger on opportunity where Contact related to account of the opportunity comes in the contact role.

I'm trying to lock down certain fields so that they're hidden from users that aren't the record owner so I put together a brief VF page using outputField and rendered to set my condition. Then I placed that VF page in my page layout in lieu of placing the actual field onto the layout. The problem is that if the user tries to edit the record the field doesn't show itself in View mode and won't therefore the user/owner can't edit the field since it isn't on the layout.

Is there a alternative to hiding the field in View mode (that allows for editing), or a work around to place that field onto the Edit page. I've thought about inlineEdit on the View page but I've been having trouble implementing that, and it would still be hidden if they hit the Edit button on the record.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm still getting familiar with VisualForce. Thank you.