• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am having problems understanding what I am doing wrong.  I have an object with a date field on it.  All I want, is when the date = today, it to send an email.

I set up a workflow rule and for the rule criteria set it to Formula Evaluates to True and my formula is Date__c = Today ().  For my action I have an email sent then. 

The problem is the email is never sent. I have to go and edit the record and change something for it to send.  Anyone know a fix for this??

I need to see if it is possible to combine the LEFT and RIGHT functions into one formula. 

Example)

I have a date field that lists t he date in text format such as 10-10-2011.  I want a formula for a new field that will essentially populate the period this is for which would populate with 10-2011.  It would use the LEFT function for the left two values and the RIGHT function for the right four values and almost like concantonate them.  Is this possible?

Thanks.

For instance, say I have a field that is populated with "2012-Example."   I want to create a new field now that will only populate with 2012, and not the rest of the field value(Example).  Can this be done?

I'm new to coding in Apex and wanted to see if A) This is even possible and B) if someone could point me in the right direction. 

I'm trying to create a custom button located on the account. 

What I want it to do is verify that the billing street, city, state, and zip are populated and if so, then I want it to set another field entitled Accounting Type to Vendor. If any aren't populated, I want an error to state it needs to be populated before it will switch to vendor. 

What I want it to do is verify that the billing street, city, state, and zip are populated and if so, then I want it to set another field entitled Accounting Type to Vendor. If any aren't populated, I want an error to state it needs to be populated before it will switch to vendor. 

I'm new to coding in Apex and wanted to see if A) This is even possible and B) if someone could point me in the right direction. 

I need to see if it is possible to combine the LEFT and RIGHT functions into one formula. 

Example)

I have a date field that lists t he date in text format such as 10-10-2011.  I want a formula for a new field that will essentially populate the period this is for which would populate with 10-2011.  It would use the LEFT function for the left two values and the RIGHT function for the right four values and almost like concantonate them.  Is this possible?

Thanks.

For instance, say I have a field that is populated with "2012-Example."   I want to create a new field now that will only populate with 2012, and not the rest of the field value(Example).  Can this be done?