• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have created a customer portal using force.com sites and provide user authentication using customer portal access. I have the login page that is part of the sites called SiteLogin, this is part of the sites domain that I have in my Org.

I made a HTML copy of the page and then used only the login portion with our official website from where users can login. This was working for few weeks now and all of a sudden today it is not.

When I try to login from my website, it redirects me to the user authentication page instead of the home/landing page, where as if I try to login from the default sites URL it authenticates and redirects me appropriately.

Please help me out on this, I would like my users to login through the official website instead of the default sites URL.

Thanks

KD

• December 07, 2011

Hi,

I have created a customer portal using force.com sites and provide user authentication using customer portal access. I have the login page that is part of the sites called SiteLogin, this is part of the sites domain that I have in my Org.

I made a HTML copy of the page and then used only the login portion with our official website from where users can login. This was working for few weeks now and all of a sudden today it is not.

When I try to login from my website, it redirects me to the user authentication page instead of the home/landing page, where as if I try to login from the default sites URL it authenticates and redirects me appropriately.

Please help me out on this, I would like my users to login through the official website instead of the default sites URL.

Thanks

KD

• December 07, 2011
  • September 14, 2011

Hi,

I have create Force.com Sites login and enabled it for our Customer Portal Users and it is working fine. We created the Site Login page using the standard page provides by Salesforce and customized css and designs for the page keeping the core functions and code of the page intact.

We provide the link to the login page to our users or redirected them to the login page when they clicked on the links in our website.

Now we have a requirement where we want the login available in the same page instead of a link. (meaning no redirects to the existing login page) For example like the Facebook login page. So when the user go to our website

http://ourwebsite.com/customerportal, they will have the login, forgotpassword and new user registration options there. So they can enter their username and password there and then go to the portalHome page.

The existing loginpage (visualforce and apexcontroller) still works fine. Need to move the login to our website which is using ASP .Net and C#.

Can this by achieved? What is the best way to get this done?

Thanks

KD

• September 08, 2011

Hi,

I have created a new force.com Site using the Customer Portal authentication. I have setup the login and registration page from within the Force.com sites using the standard pages provided by Salesforce.

We already have a website developed using ASP.Net, we would like to integrate the login area within an page of the existing website. 

Any examples on how to do this will be of great help.

Thanks

KD

• August 30, 2011

Hi,

I have enable customer portal and am using Force.com sites with customer portal authorisation.

In the sandbox when a user is provided access they receive a temp password in their email and when the first try to login into the sites they are redirected to the change password page so that they can change the temp password.

I deployed the same code into production. Here the first time users are getting redirected to the home page directly without going to the Change password page where they can change the temp password.

Why is this happening? Am i missing any settings.

Thanks

KD

• August 25, 2011

Hi,

I have created sites and provided access to it for Customer Portal users. I used the /secur/logout.jsp in my logout links intially and when ever a user clicks on it they were redirected to my website which was setup as the logout URL in the customer portal settings.

Due to requirements I changed the logout to a custom visual force page and then called the /secur/logout.jsp using hidden iframe in the page. The logout was performed and the users were getting redirected to the logout URL.

With another requirement change I disabled the redirect to the logout URL by not providing any value for the field in the customer portal setting.

Now I have set a redirect link back to my website, upon logout it tries to redirect by fails and stays in the custom page itself. If I directly provide the link to /secur/logout.jsp then on logout it redirects me correctly.

What is happening to the link? I would like to go to the custom logout page first and then get redirected to the website that is provided in the Logout URL field. What needs to be done.

Thanks

KD

• August 08, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to get the required field setup for a inputText. I have tried methods provided but they do not provide the same feel.

<apex:outputLabel style="font-weight:bold" value="Company Name" for="companyName"/>
<apex:outputPanel>
	<div class="requiredInput">
                   	<div class="requiredBlock"></div>
                                     <apex:inputText style="height:20px;width:200px" id="companyName" value="{!companyName}" required="true"/>
	 </div>
</apex:outputPanel>

Any pointers on how I can get the required block style for this.

Thanks

KD

• July 28, 2011

Hi All,

I am using the Yahoo GUI in visualforce page 1 to open a dialog window. Within the dialog window I am opening visual force page 2 as an Iframe. 

Page 1 has  a grid of cases with a column for outputlink that will call the javascript to open the dialog box and pass the case Id to the script. This is where it fails because it keeps sending only the case id of the first case in the grid and not does not do it dynamically. Any help in getting this going will be appreciated.

<apex:page controller="caseController1" showheader="false" standardStylesheets="false">
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/css/core.css')}"/>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/css/s.css')}"/>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/css/shadowbox.css')}"/>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/css/portal.css')}"/>
    <apex:stylesheet value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/assets/skins/sam/skin.css" /> 
    <apex:includescript value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js" />
    <apex:includescript value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js" />
    <apex:includescript value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/container/container-min.js"/>
    <apex:includescript value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/animation/animation-min.js"/>
    <script>
        YAHOO.namespace("force.com");
        YAHOO.force.com.showComment = function(cId) {
            document.getElementById("mycomment").style.display = "block";
            document.getElementById("commentframe").setAttribute("src", "/apex/addComments_20?caseId="+cId);
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogC.show();
        }
        YAHOO.force.com.showAttachment = function(caseId) {
            alert(caseId);
            document.getElementById("myattachment").style.display = "block";
            document.getElementById("attachmentframe").setAttribute("src", "/apex/addAttachment?cId="+caseId);
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogA.show();
            caseid='';
        }
        YAHOO.force.com.hideComment = function() {
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogC.hide();
        }
        YAHOO.force.com.hideAttachment = function() {
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogA.hide();
        }
        YAHOO.force.com.init = function() {
            document.body.className = document.body.className + " yui-skin-sam";
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogC = new YAHOO.widget.Panel(
                "mycomment",
                { 
                    width           :   "400px",
                    visible         :   false,
                    height          :   "150px",
                    xy              :  [350,50],
                    draggable       :   true,
                    close           :   true,
                    modal           :   true,
                    fixedCenter     :   true,
                    zindex          :   40,
                    effect          :   {effect:YAHOO.widget.ContainerEffect.FADE,duration:0.35} 
                }
            );
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogC.render(document.body);
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogA = new YAHOO.widget.Panel(
                "myattachment",
                { 
                    width           :   "425px",
                    height          :   "175px",
                }
            );
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogA.render(document.body);
        }
        YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", YAHOO.force.com.init);
    </script>
    <apex:insert name="header">
        <c:PortalHeader />
    </apex:insert>
    <div id="container">
        <div id="content">
             <div id="left">
                <c:PortalNavLeftCases /> 
                <c:PortalNavLeftQuickLinks />
            </div>
            <div id="main">
                <div class="pagesection">
                    <apex:pagemessages />
                    <div class="topline">My Support Cases
                        <apex:form >
                            <apex:commandLink action="{!openNewCase}">
                                <apex:image style="float: right; width: 66px; height: 24px; margin-top: -21px; margin-right: 6px; padding-right:6px; padding-top:2px;" url="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/i/icons/new-case-btn-a.png')}"/>
                            </apex:commandLink>
                        </apex:form>
                    </div> <!-- closing topline div -->
                        <div style="overflow: auto; font-weight: normal; height: 350px; text-align: left;">
                            <apex:dataTable value="{!Cases}" var="c" id="cases" rowClasses="even,odd">
                                <apex:column headerValue="Case #" width="10%">
                                    <apex:outputText value="{!c.CaseNumber}" />
                                </apex:column>
                                <apex:column headerValue="Subject" width="30%">
                                    <apex:outputText value="{!c.Subject}" />
                                <apex:column headerValue="Status" width="10%">
                                    <apex:outputText value="{!c.Status}" />
                                <apex:column width="15%" style="text-align:right;">
                                    <apex:commandLink value="Add Comments" onclick="YAHOO.force.com.showComment('{!c.Id}');" reRender="noaction">
                                    <apex:commandLink value="Attach a File" onclick="YAHOO.force.com.showAttachment('{!c.Id}');" reRender="noaction">
                            </apex:dataTable>
                        </div> <!-- closing form div -->
                </div> <!-- closing pagesection div -->
                <p><strong>Contact Support</strong></p>
                <p>Contact CORAID Support for technical help, customer service questions and account assistance <i>
                <a href="mailto:support@coraid.com">support@coraid.com</a>.</i></p>
            </div> <!-- closing main div -->
        </div> <!-- closing content div -->
    </div> <!-- closing container div -->
    <apex:insert name="footer">
        <c:PortalFooter />
        <div id="mycomment" style="display: none">
            <div class="hd">
                <apex:outputText value="Add Comments" />
            </div>
            <div class="bd" style="overflow:auto; background-color:fff;padding:10px;">
                <apex:iframe height="260px" width="400px" id="commentframe"/>
            </div>
        </div>
        <div id="myattachment" style="display: none">
            <div class="hd">
                <apex:outputText value="Add Attachments" />
            </div>
            <div class="bd" style="overflow:auto;background-color:fff;padding:10px;">
                <apex:iframe height="325px" width="415px" id="attachmentframe" scrolling="false"/>
            </div>
        </div>
    <apex:outputPanel id="noaction">
</apex:page>

That is code. Assistance required in passing the correct case Id when the link against that line is clicked.

Thanks

KD

• July 22, 2011
  • September 14, 2011

Hi,

I have created a new force.com Site using the Customer Portal authentication. I have setup the login and registration page from within the Force.com sites using the standard pages provided by Salesforce.

We already have a website developed using ASP.Net, we would like to integrate the login area within an page of the existing website. 

Any examples on how to do this will be of great help.

Thanks

KD

• August 30, 2011

Hi,

I have enable customer portal and am using Force.com sites with customer portal authorisation.

In the sandbox when a user is provided access they receive a temp password in their email and when the first try to login into the sites they are redirected to the change password page so that they can change the temp password.

I deployed the same code into production. Here the first time users are getting redirected to the home page directly without going to the Change password page where they can change the temp password.

Why is this happening? Am i missing any settings.

Thanks

KD

• August 25, 2011

Hi,

I have created sites and provided access to it for Customer Portal users. I used the /secur/logout.jsp in my logout links intially and when ever a user clicks on it they were redirected to my website which was setup as the logout URL in the customer portal settings.

Due to requirements I changed the logout to a custom visual force page and then called the /secur/logout.jsp using hidden iframe in the page. The logout was performed and the users were getting redirected to the logout URL.

With another requirement change I disabled the redirect to the logout URL by not providing any value for the field in the customer portal setting.

Now I have set a redirect link back to my website, upon logout it tries to redirect by fails and stays in the custom page itself. If I directly provide the link to /secur/logout.jsp then on logout it redirects me correctly.

What is happening to the link? I would like to go to the custom logout page first and then get redirected to the website that is provided in the Logout URL field. What needs to be done.

Thanks

KD

• August 08, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to get the required field setup for a inputText. I have tried methods provided but they do not provide the same feel.

<apex:outputLabel style="font-weight:bold" value="Company Name" for="companyName"/>
<apex:outputPanel>
	<div class="requiredInput">
                   	<div class="requiredBlock"></div>
                                     <apex:inputText style="height:20px;width:200px" id="companyName" value="{!companyName}" required="true"/>
	 </div>

Any pointers on how I can get the required block style for this.

Thanks

KD

• July 28, 2011

Hi All,

I am using the Yahoo GUI in visualforce page 1 to open a dialog window. Within the dialog window I am opening visual force page 2 as an Iframe. 

Page 1 has  a grid of cases with a column for outputlink that will call the javascript to open the dialog box and pass the case Id to the script. This is where it fails because it keeps sending only the case id of the first case in the grid and not does not do it dynamically. Any help in getting this going will be appreciated.

<apex:page controller="caseController1" showheader="false" standardStylesheets="false">
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/css/core.css')}"/>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/css/s.css')}"/>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/css/shadowbox.css')}"/>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/css/portal.css')}"/>
    <apex:stylesheet value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/assets/skins/sam/skin.css" /> 
    <apex:includescript value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js" />
    <apex:includescript value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js" />
    <apex:includescript value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/container/container-min.js"/>
    <apex:includescript value="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/animation/animation-min.js"/>
    <script>
        YAHOO.namespace("force.com");
        YAHOO.force.com.showComment = function(cId) {
            document.getElementById("mycomment").style.display = "block";
            document.getElementById("commentframe").setAttribute("src", "/apex/addComments_20?caseId="+cId);
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogC.show();
        }
        YAHOO.force.com.showAttachment = function(caseId) {
            alert(caseId);
            document.getElementById("myattachment").style.display = "block";
            document.getElementById("attachmentframe").setAttribute("src", "/apex/addAttachment?cId="+caseId);
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogA.show();
            caseid='';
        }
        YAHOO.force.com.hideComment = function() {
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogC.hide();
        }
        YAHOO.force.com.hideAttachment = function() {
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogA.hide();
        }
        YAHOO.force.com.init = function() {
            document.body.className = document.body.className + " yui-skin-sam";
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogC = new YAHOO.widget.Panel(
                "mycomment",
                { 
                    width           :   "400px",
                    height          :   "150px",
                }
            );
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogC.render(document.body);
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogA = new YAHOO.widget.Panel(
                "myattachment",
                { 
                    width           :   "425px",
                    height          :   "175px",
                }
            );
            YAHOO.force.com.myDialogA.render(document.body);
        }
        YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", YAHOO.force.com.init);
    </script>
    <apex:insert name="header">
        <c:PortalHeader />
    <div id="container">
        <div id="content">
             <div id="left">
                <c:PortalNavLeftCases /> 
                <c:PortalNavLeftQuickLinks />
            </div>
            <div id="main">
                <div class="pagesection">
                    <apex:pagemessages />
                    <div class="topline">My Support Cases
                            <apex:commandLink action="{!openNewCase}">
                                <apex:image style="float: right; width: 66px; height: 24px; margin-top: -21px; margin-right: 6px; padding-right:6px; padding-top:2px;" url="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles,'/i/icons/new-case-btn-a.png')}"/>
                    </div> <!-- closing topline div -->
                        <div style="overflow: auto; font-weight: normal; height: 350px; text-align: left;">
                            <apex:dataTable value="{!Cases}" var="c" id="cases" rowClasses="even,odd">
                                <apex:column headerValue="Case #" width="10%">
                                    <apex:outputText value="{!c.CaseNumber}" />
                                <apex:column headerValue="Subject" width="30%">
                                    <apex:outputText value="{!c.Subject}" />
                                <apex:column headerValue="Status" width="10%">
                                    <apex:outputText value="{!c.Status}" />
                                    <apex:commandLink value="Add Comments" onclick="YAHOO.force.com.showComment('{!c.Id}');" reRender="noaction">
                                    <apex:commandLink value="Attach a File" onclick="YAHOO.force.com.showAttachment('{!c.Id}');" reRender="noaction">
                            </apex:dataTable>
                        </div> <!-- closing form div -->
                </div> <!-- closing pagesection div -->
                <p><strong>Contact Support</strong></p>
                <p>Contact CORAID Support for technical help, customer service questions and account assistance <i>
                <a href="mailto:support@coraid.com">support@coraid.com</a>.</i></p>
            </div> <!-- closing main div -->
        </div> <!-- closing content div -->
    </div> <!-- closing container div -->
    <apex:insert name="footer">
        <c:PortalFooter />
        <div id="mycomment" style="display: none">
            <div class="hd">
                <apex:outputText value="Add Comments" />
            </div>
            <div class="bd" style="overflow:auto; background-color:fff;padding:10px;">
                <apex:iframe height="260px" width="400px" id="commentframe"/>
            </div>
        </div>
        <div id="myattachment" style="display: none">
            <div class="hd">
                <apex:outputText value="Add Attachments" />
            </div>
            <div class="bd" style="overflow:auto;background-color:fff;padding:10px;">
                <apex:iframe height="325px" width="415px" id="attachmentframe" scrolling="false"/>
            </div>
        </div>
    <apex:outputPanel id="noaction">
</apex:page>

That is code. Assistance required in passing the correct case Id when the link against that line is clicked.

Thanks

KD

• July 22, 2011

Hi,

I am i have a created a custom object and am trying to make a master-detail relationship with the object Product. The problem is when I select Master-Detail the Product object does not show up in the drop down list. Does this mean that I can not create a Master Detail relation ship keeping the Product as the master or is there some settings to be changed to get this done.

Thanks

KD 

• May 20, 2009