• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

We have build a public site on force.com Sites.

The site has multiple pages and a single controller. The code is working perfectly as expected in the development & System Test environment (both are developer instances), however after deploying the same to UAT Config Only Sandbox, we are unable to complete the process in IE7 & IE8.

When the user navigates from the a particular Page X to the Page Y, instead of calling the method for the next page, the constructor is called, which refreshes the controller and all saved user input data is lost. This happens only for IE 7 & IE 8.

However, there is no problem with other browsers such as IE9, Firefrox, Chrome, etc.

The ST environment (developer sandbox) having the same code set, does not face this problem in any browser.

This has stumped us and we are not able to identify any solution to this. Has anyone faced a similar issue or can suggest what can we do?

Ady

• March 27, 2012

I want to create a public force.com site where the users are not required to be logged in and would use Guest user licenses.

I want to store their selections made on the site for the duration of the session and save the selection in the force.com object.

In most of the earlier posts, I see that there is discussion on maintaining session for logged in users, but there is no information about session management for unauthenticated users.

Is there a way out?

Ady

• November 22, 2011

Hi, 

We have a custom object linked to a contact. I have a trigger which has to send out an Email to the associated contact on the status change of the custom object.

But I am unable to configure the trigger to dynamically identify the contact's email address and send the Email.

What can be done? I am quiet new to APEX and hence cant figure this out.

I have tried to use the followign functions, but I'm not getting the expected result.

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();        

email.setToAddresses( toAddresses );         

String[] toAddresses = new String[] {le.CustomObject__r.Contact__r.Email};

Ady

• October 27, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to write a trigger that will send an Email to the associated contact on 'status' change. I have defined the email template in the My Templates

The problem I am facing is that, that the Email template does not provide an option to set the FROM Email Name and email address. Hence when the trigger fires, it sends the email using the system admin name and email id.

I want the email to be sent using the name 'CUSTOMER CARE' and using the email 'customercare@company.com'.

How to achieve this?

Secondly, which is the right way to store the templates, in My Templates or in Communication Templates -> Email Templates?

Thanks.

Ady

• October 27, 2011

Hi,

I am building a customer portal and am not able to expose the custom User fields on the User Profile in the portal.

I have tried creating custom user page layouts and assigning them to the Customer Portal Profile.

However it does not expose the pagelout / or the custom fields on the profile.

I understand that if we create a visualforce page, this can be resolved, but is there any standard configuration solution for this?

Ady

• October 25, 2011

I am researching whether or not we can build a siteforce page that supports multiple languages and dynamically changes the language displayed based on the user's browser language settings.  I can't find anything within Siteforce (I'm playing with it in my dev org) or in any documentation to make me think this is possible.  If I want to support multiple languages, should I be sticking with Force.com Sites?

Hi,

I am trying to write a trigger that will send an Email to the associated contact on 'status' change. I have defined the email template in the My Templates

The problem I am facing is that, that the Email template does not provide an option to set the FROM Email Name and email address. Hence when the trigger fires, it sends the email using the system admin name and email id.

I want the email to be sent using the name 'CUSTOMER CARE' and using the email 'customercare@company.com'.

How to achieve this?

Secondly, which is the right way to store the templates, in My Templates or in Communication Templates -> Email Templates?

Thanks.

Ady

• October 27, 2011

Hi All,

I am new to Saleforce development. Please can any one guide me to sample apex code to create(add) custom fields to custom or standard objects dynamically using Salesforce Metadata API in my development org.

Thanks in advance.

• June 29, 2011

Hi,

We have created one sample application using  force.com which having user login page with user authentication. The user should not access any other pages without authentication and after successful login user session should be  maintain throughout the application.

Is there any method or parameter which will help to maintain user session.

Is there something about the automatic page redirection to the login page if users are not authenticated? 
Kindly assist.

Thanks in advance.